Armstrong Air Heat Pump Reviews

"Junkyard Crap"

Dont let anyone talk you into buying an armstrong heat pump. Have had nothing but problems since day one. Now it works until temp gets to 85 degrees and then you sweat all day.

michael richards

wilmington, nc

"3 Years old 5 Major Repairs"

Broke down 2 times in the first month. Then 2 expansion valves. now evaperator core. core did not come with feeder tubes made into it. Now they say they will have to custom make the feeder tubes, 5 days to make feeder tubes, then 3 days to ship it,after waiting a week for the core. Takes a week to get it working every time it brakes down because of their poor customer service.If anyone trys to sell you one go to someone else

Tom

NC

"Made in USA? Buy quality, don't waste money"

When I was Deployed as a Gunny US Marines, my wife had a new unit put in. Armstrong air. Forced air propane furnace with A/C combo. I had it serviced regular but it has broken down EVER YEAR just about. The first year the condensor fan quit. Pay for a Trane, Lennox, or Carrier. It will save you in the long run. The part that hurts the worst is it was supposed to be made in the USA. Ohio. Whatever happened to Union pride and craftsmanship? I am getting a new unit. A quality one.

GySgt Frank Gar USMC

Jacksonville NC

"Nothing but problems and repairs."

I purchased an Armstrong Heat Pump on 1-7-2005. On 3-7-2008, the compressor went out and even though it was replaced under warranty, it still cost me $1128.85 to also replace the fan motor, run capacitor and recharge the freon. On 2-12-2010, I had to spend another $969.81 to replace an expansion valve. Again on 3-5-2010, I had to spend another $676.00 to replace another condensor fan motor. Then on 2-28-2011, I had to spend another $700 in repairs. I have never been so disappointed and disgusted with this whole situation. I will never purchase another Armstrong product and I strongly recommend that you don't either.

B. Cox

Oklahoma City, OK

"Horrible Experience!"

Built a BRAND NEW HOME – the builder used Armstrong to "cut corners." All I can say is: Junk – after being installed had nothing but problems for FIFTEEN months until the builder finally replaced it with a Trane. Even though they replaced the unit, I was out nearly $1,000 for unnecessary electric bills from running off the heating (AUX) coils because the unit wasn't even functioning.

Bill Fink