Armstrong Air Heat Pump Reviews

"heat pump or furnace"

Well, have had the heat pump for about ten to twelve years and it has given us no problems. Armstrong is a good brand that has been around for years and I hope for many more years as well. It has not been replaced and runs great.

massillion ohio

"Negative"

New install in 2012. The capacitor went out in the same year, inside coils pitted & leaked out in late 2013 and again this year, 2015. Waiting now for over 3 weeks to get replacement parts (still waiting…this is unbelievable). They have suspiciously shipped them "twice" but they failed to get the 200 miles to here. Found that they use cheap copper tubing from Mexico ( thanks NAFTA) that has little to no quality control, and tubing thickness can be and usually is paper thin in spots, thus causing them to fail. I would say, sadly, to stay far, far, far away from Armstrong, at least until they decide to use some form of quality control & not south of the border parts.

Dave Edwards

Erwin, TN

"Piece of junk"

Built house six years ago and had Armstrong heat pump installed. Company has had to come out and work on it four times now. One of the times the compressor fan motor had gone out and now the compressor has gone out.

C. Williamson

York, SC

"I Had 2 – 5 Ton Units Installed"

I had 2 – 5 ton units installed in a new home I built in Eater Okla. What a mistake! I have had the installer out 5 times so far in less than a year to make repairs. A lot of junk, is my opinion of Armstrong.

Jim McCord

Poteau, Oklahoma

"5 tons of junk"

Had two units installed when I built my house in 2004 by a shady hvac man (wont mention any names Total Comfort Heating and Air). A 3 ton upstairs and a 5 ton down stairs. I had to spend over $5000 in 06' and had the 3 ton hunk of junk yanked out and a Lennox installed. No problems, I have had to get the fan capacitor? Replaced three times on the 5 ton. Now the compressor has gone out and of course warranty is expired, but because it is a r22 the new installer wants to pull out entire system and install a Lennox that is 410a. Costs $5600. I spent $10k on hvac when I built my house. I will be out over $20k when all said and done on hvac. Somebody needs to be sued! Thanks Armstrong for bending me over dry!

James Burkheart