Armstrong Air Heat Pump Reviews

"Armstrong heat pump"

This unit I have had about a year. My power bill is higher because it seems to run all the time. I am freezing to death now. Temperature in my house right now is 51 degrees. I have tried to get heat to come on and it will not. It has not come on for two days. Only heat is auxiliary heat which just does nothing hardly. I will never buy another piece of crap like this armstrong heat pump again. I have had technicians out here 3 times in the past week and still no heat

james coster

"Don't buy always breaking and wont honor warranty"

The unit was nothing but problems from day 1 and after 5 years they would not honor warranty do not buy there crap you will be sorry.

Bill

Ontario, Canada

"The loudest POS I could've picked"

I can't sleep. This thing is so loud it's ridiculous. I can't take it. I'm spending the money to get a different make/model. Waste of money. Don't buy!!

Brian Miller

Cleveland, OH

"Very disappointed"

We have one issue after another since we had this unit installed. We have had the motor go bad twice in the first 2 years. We have had it just stop working twice. Will not hold the Freon and that causes it to freeze up. Now it is freezing up in the winter time. I am having to run the heat strips now for heat. I would never recommend this heat pump to anyone.

Andrew Carver

Burlington NC

"Performs perfectly, great value!"

When we bought our home, it came with this heat pump. We had never lived in a home with a heat pump, though we have stayed at a number of hotels with one, and expected the performance to be terrible. We were pleasantly surprised – our heat pump has worked great. The maintenance on the heat pump has been minimal – besides a yearly cleaning of the outside unit and filters, nothing has had to be done to correct defects of the unit. The seller of the home installed the unit incorrectly, which killed the control board when we first switched to heat, but that was covered by our home warranty and is not a defect of the unit. Given how well the unit has performed in Oklahoma – where winter temperatures can reach below zero Fahrenheit and summer temperatures can reach above 100 Fahrenheit – I would recommend a heat pump system to anyone. I've never heard of Armstrong before, but I'd recommend them as well – the HVAC guys I know like them, and the unit has had zero issues. For comparison, I've had similar vintage units from other manufacturers and have had all kinds of trouble (blower motors going out after 1 year, for example).

Tulsa, OK