Armstrong Air Furnace Reviews

"Worked well if it weren't for incompetent techs"

Somewhat Satisfied

I received this furnace used (as a free hand me down) and has worked well since installed (approx 5 years ago). I had a very incompetent moronic tech replace my thermal expansion valve for my ac. He ended up dripping water inside the whole thing. As a result, I had to replace the circuit board due to it having a burn mark on it. Additionally, it looked like he removed the inducer motor without replacing the gasket; which disintegrated in the process. I, therefore, had a leak in the exhaust, which in turn caused the pressure switch not to engage; which in turn caused the furnace not to ignite. After a quick do-it- yourself, I replaced the inducer motor (which came with a new gasket) and it's good to go. My only complaint is that when I run my heat pump, the fan sounds very loud and noisy (like an airplane taking off). If I leave it on gas (which is cheaper anyway), it's good to go and cheap to run!

Davie Gravy

Potville, Transientland

"Best Furnace"

I have switched from American Standard furnaces to Armstrong Air, and that furnace is bullet proof equipment. The warranty is nice and furnace not any problem. If you need nice hvac equipment, go with Armstrong Air.

RENATO BOSKOVIC

Canada

"ARMSTONG FURNACE"

Had a new Armstrong furnace and water heater 5 years ago unfortunately the company is no longer around. I have had to have a company come out every year since I've owned it. -40 below on Saturday here and of course my furnace quits again! Another 250.00. I will never own anything from Armstrong!!!!

SHIRLEY MATSCHKE

Saskatchewan

"Yearly money pit"

Other then my Armstrong furnace – it doesn't fail that every year something else is broken on my furnace – installed new in 2006 I have had to replace part after part at hundreds of dollars every year. I'm down again today [last night]. $90 service man on the way.

Miki

Mount Vernon, OH

"System down again"

We have this furnace with our new house since 2014. It has stopped working for two times. Pressure switch was replaced in 2015. Now it is dead again leave us sit in very cold room with -19 degree c outside.

Calvin T