Arcoaire Heat Pump Reviews

"20 Yr Old Arcoaire"

My wife and I had a new home built in 1989 and our builder installed two Arcoaire heat pumps, one upstairs and one downstairs. I have had one fan motor replaced three years ago and a recharge done once on the downstairs unit. The upstairs unit has never had any issues. I have only changed the filters twice each year on these units. I also have been lucky with very reasonable electric bills throughout the years. I thank my lucky stars!

B. Egolf

"No Problems"

I've put in two 2 ton Aircoaire heat pumps 12 years ago when I had the house built. I'm in the trade (another major manufacturer) and strongly believe that the equipment is only as good as the people who install it. If all the correct steps are taken on the install and upkeep, the vast majority of units should perform for a long time with minimal problems. Yes, parts do fail but lots of manufacturers share the same parts. Loose connections will fail a lot of components, bad electrical supply be it voltage or the electrical wire will kill parts. Most people who have had bad experiences will go out of there way to share there pain. People who do not have problems will not be going out of there way to praise a company that they feel as if they got there moneys worth.

M Day

"Arcoaire heating and cooloing"

To the point, very badly contructed product. I had 2 compresors and a fan changed already, along with other major issues that I had to pay more money to fix. Even the dealer that I delt with admits that my unit is a lemon. So regardless who installs your unit make sure to study this brand before purchase

lara

"Not much you can say: they just fell apart"

We have two Arcoaire heat pumps and three Arcoaire central air conditioner units. They are just on the border of five years and both heat pumps have failed. And had to have the compressor replaced (the part was free but the labor ran to hundreds of dollars.) One just started to disintegrate with the fins turning to to dust and losing their capacity to transfer heat. The mechanic who worked on it just said: "I've never seen that before." And he was, well, a senior mechanic who has seen a lot of a/c and heating systems.

M Fuerst

"Neal A"

Unit was builder's model installed in 1986. After 16 years had to replace the air handler unit because several service techs could not find leak(big mistake– was not the ahu). I replaced compressor contactors, because fire ants built a nest and I had lots of roasted ants, replaced capacitor twice and two years ago, replaced fan motor in outside unit. I did most of the work myself and saved hundreds. But leaks cost me. The copper lines in out side unit were not routed properly and due to vibration, rubbed against each other causing pin hole leaks — three times. Service techs took long times to find so they could run up hourly cost. My neighbors replaced their units within 10 to 12 years. I think that my unit lasted this long, because I have a heat recovery unit that gives me free hot water in the summer. It has another leak and is on its last leg and I am looking for a more efficient replacement.

T Mohammed