Arcoaire Heat Pump Reviews

"Great… for a year"

The unit worker great – for one year. It's noisy, leaks refrigerant and the "authorized dealer" couldn't be more unresponsive regarding the needed service work. I was forced to use the interior electric furnace at twice the cost of the ineffective heat pump.

J. Ann

Seven Hills, OH

"Piece of Junk"

Unit purchased 22 months ago and have 3 warranty issues. First, the freon leaked out. Then the evaporator fan went out. Now, the compressor is locked up. This is a package unit so all issues are from factory, the installation is great but the equipment is junk.

R. Suggs

Clarkesville, Ga

"Arcoaire Heat Pump/Electric furnace"

Two Arcoaire heat pumps on two different houses, both are down, not able to be fixed, one never worked properly, one worked for five years. hvac service men say they need to be replaced. Change a heating/cooling system every three to six years. What kind of products are they? Junk, Junk, JUNK…Over $900.00 paid to h&a men to fix a unit which can't be fixed. Emergency Heat costs $500 to $700 a month to heat. The manufacturer should be ashamed. Do not buy.

Lois Renfrow

"The Best Heat Pump I Could've Bought"

I've owned this specific heat pump for about a year and a half now and it's been a wonderful product. I like how it is not loud and it is much less intrusive than the last heat pump I had installed was. There honestly isn't anything that I dislike about the product. I have never needed to repair or replace the product, it has been flawless. I would buy the same product again and I would easily recommend it to a friend.

Fort Collins, CO

"Arcoaire: Keeping me warm in the winter"

Somewhat Satisfied

We have lived in our house for a year and a half. Our Arcoaire heat pump system has done good the past two winters with only one exception. We got down to 3 degrees and a wind chill of -25 this past winter and it seemed like it was struggle to keep up with the heat loss from our building, and I believe that it did use the electric heat strips quite often judging by our electricity bill. Since we have lived here though we have had to replace the compressor and recharge with R-22 twice. We believe there is still a small leak somewhere, but that isn't the equipments fault. Knowing the previous owners of the house, there hasn't been any other problems with this particular unit if the past 4 or 5 years. I would recommend that someone buy this brand because it is relatively cheap compared to other brands out there. Sure it doesn't have all the bells and whistles that others may have but it definitely gets the job done. Seeing how the only problem we really have ever had with it was when it got down to 3 degrees and a negative wind chill, I would recommend this unit because its very rare that Texas or any other state in the south see's that kind of weather.

Lenorah, TX