AO Smith Water heater Reviews

"POS water heater"

We've had this unit 3 years with now the 3rd burner replacement at $300+, really tired of repairing new equipment, failure of american companies, worst manufacturers, junk.

Curtis

"Going on 22 years"

I own a 30-gallon short "lowboy" electric water heater installed in 1994 which is still working well even after 22 years! I haven't done any maintenance on the water heater (I.E. no draining the tank annually like good homeowners are doing). The only reason I'm starting to look at new water heaters is because of the age of the water heater and wanting to prevent any damage from water when the unit finally fails. Reading the reviews here it seems like there are mixed ratings. I did notice that many of the bad reviews were regarding the gas versions.

Lily

Gainesville, FL

"Two failures of this model back to back."

Both water heaters failed before warranty was up. The first one failed at 3 months, the other failed after 5 years. Junk!

Lewis Dennis

San Diego, CA

"The AO Smith FCG-75 Does Its Job, and It Does It Well"

I had this unit installed nearly three years ago. Installation was relatively easy, especially for the guys that did it for me! There's a nook in my garage, and it fits perfectly into it. Of course the model wasn't designed specifically for me in mind, but its size suited me well. It's my first experience with buying a new water heater, but I'm stunned with how little it costs to run each month and how quickly it heats up my shower water and sink water. It runs much more efficiently than the clunky one that was installed when I moved in. It seems to heat my water twice as quickly, too. I used to have to wait to get into the shower for the hotter water to kick in — not anymore. There's not much to dislike about water heaters, particularly this one. It does its job without me worrying about it; after it was installed, it has yet to give me any problems. I will consistently say: if I ever need a new one, for some strange reason, I'll always pick this one.

Clearwater, FL

"AO Smith"

Pilot goes off many times after being installed by PSEG. It goes off every 2 months or so. It's 3 years almost and now it does not light the pilot, no matter what. Never, never buy AO Smith.

Peterr