AO Smith Water heater Reviews

"I'm probably going to have a different brand put in in near future."

I have replaced my water heater 2 times in 2 years. Reasons the same on both and still having same problems. Pilot light going out. This last time I had to replace gas control valve. Sensor light said it was over heating. Now I'm told to drain tank every six months to avoid the over heating. Plumber said sediment in bottom is making the sensor to detect its to hot. Never had to drain water heaters before in my other 3 houses I had. Why now and that's 40 gallons of wasted water. Costing me unnecessary money. I'm probably going to have a different brand put in in near future. Don't want to drain tank in my retirement years.

Roberta Aden

Lincoln, NE

"Don't buy"

Me and my family just bought brand new and installed it, it never once heated up the water and when we called the company about getting it replaced, they said the warranty is no good. We just bought it brand new not even 1 hour after calling! They will do loops about a replacement part or sending a plumber on a brand new tank that was just bought. They don't honor anything nor is this piece shit worth ant penny to spend. Do not buy ao smith.

M

"Stay away"

I live in a house that was built new less than ten years ago that has two water heaters. In 2012 I had to have two AO Smith units replaced that were one month inside of warranty. One of the replacements just went bad, so I will be on my 5th water heater in less than ten years. I specifically told the plumber to install something anything else. Hope my Rheem unit will be better

T. Crawford B

San Antonio, TX

"Will not honor warranty if installed in Bathroom! Don't buy!"

Tank leaked after 5 years into a 6 years warranty. A.O. Smith would not honor warranty because installed in a bathroom! Don't buy!

Dean Ulmer

"Wasted Money"

I had my water heater replaced with the 40 gallon GCR. It's a propane fired unit. Right off we noticed this thing sounds like a jet plane taking off. It runs and runs and runs. If you run 2 gallons of hot water it kicks on and takes 6-7 minutes to recover. Tech replaced the thermo and shortened the dip tube with no improvement. His comment was that it was normal. This thing is using over 10 gallons of propane a week. Normal??

john chamorro