American Standard Heat Pump Reviews

"Not an American Standard satisfied customer anymore"

I have owned an American Standard ac unit for 13 yrs without any problems. Finally talked my 80 yr old mom into buying one. 3 days after unit was installed the coils were leaking. The dealer replaced the coils and the unit worked fine. The unit just made 3 yrs and ac is blowing hot air again. Service came out and recharged the unit with 5 lbs of Freon which cost her $75. Checked unit a few days later and coils are leaking again. They stated coil is under warranty but labor is $600. I called American Standard and the rep stated there is only a 1 yr warranty on labor. I let her know that the coil is a replacement for another faulty coil when the unit was 3 days old–seems these parts are junk. She stated that they will not cover labor no matter what happened in the past with the coils. I had several people I turned on to this brand–but– I will never own another one or speak the words, American Standard, again. Even the service tech stated that the coils they're using are substandard to the ones American Standard used yrs ago. Hope this helps someone before they have similar experiences.

D. Gros

Thibodaux, LA

"Evaporator coils leaking at 3 yrs!!"

Somewhat Unsatisfied

I replaced evaporator coil in 410 a heat pump less than 3 years after buying and installing it. After going two winters and one summer I checked refrigerant and subcooling are low. I will clean condenser and check it again. But I hope it's not leaking again. But I have a feeling it probably is a leak. I know how bad these HVAC companies are making these coils with thinner copper to save the bottom line. I am damn tired of replacing evaporator coils. If this one leaks, I will demand the next one sent to me is pressure tested 48 hrs before sending it. And may ask for my $800 or $1000 back I spent in labor to replace them.

B Wilson

Bossier City, LA

"Am Std Management will not back product"

Understand this review – the product is good. The company behind the product is not. The installer touted the 10 yr parts and labor warranty. Told me they had it all taken care of. Turned out they never registered the units. Am Std would not honor the parts and labor warranty b/c never registered. They will not reprimand the dealer for lying and will not extend my warranty. In summary, they will not do the right thing. The end result is a black eye for Am Std and likelihood that I will never install their product for fear they will not do the right thing when faced with the option to do so

A Melt

Middle, TN

"Bad A coil after less than 3 yrs"

Purchased a new unit in May of 2016. After less than 3 yrs the heat quit working. The technician diagnosed it quickly as a hole in the coil. This is a Tam 7 air handler which is supposed to be top of the line. 800 dollars later it's fixed. Who's to say it won't fail again after another 3 yrs. After reading some of the reviews on here I wish I had seen them 3 yrs ago. We should all get together and file a Class action lawsuit against American Standard and Trane. Would I recommend this product no definitely not.

R. Hall

Summerville, SC

"Geothermal heat pump Review"

I have owned my geothermal heat pump for about 2 years now. I got this because I was looking for a way to permanently reduce my energy consumption and lower my bills. This product allows me to do those 2 things. I was really worried that I was making a mistake at first because this heat pump cost a lot to purchase and have installed, but I just kept telling myself to think of all the money I'd save in the long run and pushed through with it. I have no regrets or complaints, I love this heat pump. I have not had to repair or replace it yet, it works the same as it does the day it was installed. I have recommended this to my family and friends over the last 2 years whenever the mention of heating comes up in conversation.

RC