American Standard Furnace Reviews

"Lasted 2 years after warrany then died."

Lasted 2 years after the 5 year warrany expired then both blowers failed and cost 1/2 the price of the unit to repair. Will not buy again.

C Leon

Littleton, CO

"I am very happy with my American Standard Gold ZM"

The new furnace reduced temperature swings and helped to lower my heating bills by 47%. Thanks to the 2 stage heating, running at energy- saving 65 percent capacity more than 80 percent of the time, 97 % efficiency. I do agree it can be the installer who messes up. The company I hired showed me several things the installer from the old furnace did totally wrong. They fixed it all at no extra costs. For example the fresh air intake was too close to the exhaust and the old furnace sucked in a mixture of pollutant with oxygen. That caused the body inside the old furnace to roost and deteriorate. The heat has never been more comfortable than now with my 2-stage Gold ZM furnace.

Werner Friesendorf

Kitchener, Ontario, Canada

"Wouldn't Buy Again"

Installed our furnace on Christmas Day in 2006. We asked for the very best available because our first furnace died after just 7 years in a brand new home. In the past 5 weeks I've had service out 3 times. First because the blower worked, no heat. But now we have heat and no blower. $1,800 to fix the motor and one other part. Do your research and buy something else!

Susan

"Run and hide"

My thermostat manual disappeared and I needed to find out some information on it. Easy right? In today's connected world it should be easy. No way – their web site says contact the dealer. The dealer says 7 days for a new manual. Are you kidding me! Thank God it wasn't something broken or I would have been up the creak. Instead I get a system that can't be changed because they are to stupid to put the manuals on their website. Meanwhile I can download an operations manual for my $15 clock from Walmart in 30 seconds.

Jesse Winna

Wright, WY

"Get the extended warranty"

Neutral

Furnace works well as does the Acculean (Aprilaire) air cleaner that was installed at the same time. After 4 years the computer control board died and the replacement cost was over $500 plus the cost for the diagnostic trip by the tech and the second trip out to install the new controller. It was replaced under the 5-year parts warranty but we were still out the cost for the two service calls. It would have been a good idea to pay for the extended warranty with a part that when it dies will cost $800 to repair. With a 5-year warranty we may end up replacing the board another 2-3 times during the life of the furnace. The dealer that sold us the furnace and installed it turned out to be the one company in our area that provides the worst service after the sale.

C. Sun