American Standard Furnace Reviews

"Quick heat and great value!"

We bought this furnace after our ancient American Standard furnace died in the middle of winter last year. So far, we are so impressed with this furnace. It runs well, is quick to heat and has saved us at least $100 on our gas bill compared to our old furnace. We bought this brand again because our old furnace lasted for decades. We figured that this new furnace might last a long time, too. Additionally, this is the same brand of furnace that our families have, and their furnaces have always lasted a long time. I would definitely buy this furnace again.

Boston, MA

"Extremely noisy, very annoying Gold series"

Very noisy Gold series, and there were lots of problems with the installation! Very unsatisfied!

Hema Jani

"Beware when buying a new furnace"

I would never buy another American Standard furnace again. I purchased this one a year ago. First, there were problems with the thermostat. Service had to come out three times before the company sent a part to fix that. They didn't charge for the part but I had to pay a service call for two times. Now, the furnace stopped working and I had to call a repair man. He identified the problem as an ignitor switch. The switch is covered under warranty, but not the service call and labor – $209. One does not expect this from a brand new furnace! I have used my service for many years with the old furnace and am disappointed in them for charging to repair the furnace they just installed a year ago.

M. Stocking

LaGrange Park, IL

"To all complainers here"

Neutral

First and foremost, as you have read here, no brand is fault proof. All brands break down, some more than others. American Standard is not as good as it used to be, but better than most. Carrier is the absolute pits, and for those who care to listen, I have some true life horror stories. For the people that say only Trane reps should do start up, you are obviously surrounded by idiots. I am not a Trane technician, but have installed dozens of Trane units without a glitch. A/C units are A/C units, easy to understand if you have a brain. Quality has gone down some for sure, but just like your car, A/C units need maintenance. Every customer I have who does a yearly service never has a major problem; just tiny little things once every few years. Problems compound themselves and fester, so waiting too long to see a problem usually leads to many issues, or a major issue. Most of the problems I have been reading about here are due to bad service techs, rather than due to American Standard. So those of you that do price shopping for installers and techs, you get what you pay for. Look at cars on the road and the service departments that handle them. They are always busy, with either repairs or warranty issues. Nothing that is used as much as cars or A/C units, with all the moving parts they have, does not have issues to be looked at. Rheem, American Standard and Ameristar are all good products, and yes, they still have issues. Don't buy Carrier; their customer service is the worst(at least here in South Florida) and the warranty is the worst in the market.

howard

Florida

"Freedom 80 Comfort R"

Somewhat Unsatisfied

6 Years in (1 Year after warranty) the circuit board and ignitor had to be replaced! The cost was $600.

jaime