American Standard Furnace Reviews

"Sold bad unit you could care less"

The platinum series heat pump top of the line is nothing but problems. First the compressor goes south and of course the hottest part of summer. I put up with three weeks of no parts trying to find a compressor. Dont you have parts strike one then of course the coldest part of winter it breaks again and parts again takes weeks to get delivered. You should pay the difference on the heating bill but you greedy people probably will never respond and could care less. You finally convinced me not to buy your products. I will tell my petroleum contacts not to use your products in their businesses. Hi

Donald Blahovec

Pennsylvania

"Great furnace"

Had my furnace since 2011 and no problem. I get it maintained once a year and everything is great

Michael

"Quiet furnace"

I decided to replace my old furnace with one of these new high efficiency units. George from fahrenheit heating and cooling did a great job explaining how the new furnace operates and the crew did a wonderful job installing the furnace. My wife and I can't believe how quiet the furnace is. If our house wasn't warm we wouldn't even know that it's been running.

Peter

Livonia, MI

"Thieves and liars"

I bought this furnace by first checking out what kind of schematics were supplied with the unit. All seemed well as the schematics were easy to read making for any troubleshooting that would have to be done down the line. A little less than three years went by before troubleshooting was necessary. At that point I found that the schematic was useless as they had replaced all the wiring with a pc board with no markings. To make matters worse, I was told by a customer disservice representative that the company would pay for the parts under the warranty with the condition that a registered heating service employee would install it. Furthermore, I would have to pay for the installation. To add insult to injury these thieves and liars told me that I would have to pay for the shipping of the parts. The only part I liked about this useless chunk of tin is that I didn't have to install a flue for it. Everything else was useless junk. As for ever buying anything with the American standard label again, not only no, but heck no.

B Anton

Chugiak, AK

"Furnace is a lemon"

Heats well and is quiet but have had to replace the inducer motor 3 times in 7 years. $780 for each replacement not under warranty.

ccampbell