American Standard Boiler Reviews

"Best Boiler"

I purchased my house in 1980, with an American Standard Gas boiler dated 1971, to this day July 2019, I'm still using the same boiler, I had it service only one time. The best product ever. I love to replace the boiler only because it is old, and perhaps I want an updated model of the same product.

d smith

Philadelphia, PA

"Rock Solid"

Not sure why original post listed rating as "very Unsatisfied"? It's 2017 and I still have the "old workhorse" operating just fine. Began using Hercules additives this season. Have not used any chemicals in this unit ever but thought after reading some of the positive reviews it may be the right time to start. I have to tell you, and this is no endorsement, but after using the Base Hit ii and adding just a half gallon of the Cryo-Tek 35253 liquid, I'm stunned at how quite the unit "fires up" and how the liquids appear to be holding the heat longer. Noticed circulation pump running without "burners" running. That didn't happen too often. Looking to check heating bills to see any improvement.

John MacDonald

White Lake, MI

"Boiler which makes a loud buzz noise but effective"

Somewhat Satisfied

Our current boiler was in the home when we purchased it in 2014. So, we have owned it for a little over 2 years. The boiler has not had any issues since we moved in except for the fact it makes a loud buzzing sound while running. We had it serviced when we first moved in and if I remember correctly, the worker said the buzz was from the connection and it was going to cost around $250 (I think?) to replace the part. At the time, I wasn't interested in paying that much, and just determined to live with the noise. No repair issues really, just cleaned once a year or so. I would buy the same brand for sure as I've heard American Standard is a good brand. Frankly, it seems kind of old, so I'm not sure how much longer it will last. I'll continue to have it serviced yearly to try and make it last as long as possible as I've heard they are expensive to replace. As for the baseboard heating we have, via the boiler, I absolutely love. It's not a dry heat and the electricity cost seems minimal. All in all, I'd definitely recommend to friends and family.

Manassas, VA

"Quite satisfied"

I've had my boiler since we moved into our house. It's quite an older model, but we've never had many problems. The only issue we've ever had was that we had to replace the boiler. But I feel like during the 10 years we've lived in our house that's not bad at all! If I had to list a complaint I would say that it's a little noisy when it comes on but that's it. The things I like about it are that it's fairly reliable. As satisfied as I am, however, I am still looking for an upgrade. It's just something that I haven't gotten around to doing just yet. I may not buy the same brand again but I also have not looked at all the brands that are out there. I would need to do some comparisons first probably. Given my experience I would recommend this brand to a friend but I would tell them to do the same – shop around.

Hoboken, NJ

"Keeps on working"

Moved in 20 years ago and the boiler was 20 years old at the time. I had to replace the pump and pump linkage but there were no problems with the boiler. It's starting to lose water somewhere so I figure its time to replace. I have a couple of HVAC estimates scheduled and am bracing myself for the sticker shock. I wish I could replace it with another American Standard.

John H