American Standard Air Conditioner Reviews

"Horrific Product"

An absolutely horrific product. Unit is only a couple of years old and I don't think there is a part which hasn't been replaced (and unit still isn't working). A continual stream of American Standard Corporate and private technicians have visited my home and have given up. Please, please, do yourself a huge financial and personal favor and shop elsewhere.

Richard

East Coast

"Work horse equipment"

Just finished using my American Standard 16 seer 3.5 ton system during a hot blast summer. The equipment performed great and I think most of that was due to my installing contractor. He did a great job of sizing my system. I had low humidity and low utility bills. Couldn't be happier. The contractor had to come back once to adjust the ducts but other than that it was great. Nothing else to say. Simple and done.

paul K

Lawrence, NY

"Horrible"

I have had a American Standard a/c unit for only 4 years and it's been trouble ever since. It cost $4,000 and since then I've had to put in at least $2,000 more. It's a piece of crap. I got a lemon. Do not buy this unit.

Brenda

Arizona

"TOTAL JUNK"

This unit was put in service May 2015 it has been a problem since day one. First a compressor, then a pressure switch. Another compressor and pressure switch. Two sets of electronic boards and last be not least a condenser coil and evaporator coil. Worked a week an just stopped working. I started a warranty case with American Standard which is Trane a/c that was bought by Indesol Ran Company they gave me the run around that they needed all record of parts and repair invoices which I did provide them with and still avid or help from them. The one person I feel sorry for is my service tech that wasted more then 20 hours of labor in parts trying to keep this 2 season old unit working. Let this be a lesson two anyone who is thinking of installing this or any American Standard Unit there product is the biggest piece of junk ever. Note it is the quietest unit I ever purchased. It now dead sitting in my attic.

Lawrence J. Leming

"Inferior Quality Product"

We have had 2 major component failures (motor/fan and condenser coil) on a system that is less than a year and a half old. It's apparent that the manufacturing quality of American Standard products is inferior, and frankly, sub-standard. We had a completely new hvac system installed as part of a major home renovation. The hvac installer did a fantastic job with installation of the units, ductwork, thermostats, etc. Unfortunately, this installer deals mostly with American Standard products. In hindsight, I wish I had done better research on available hvac systems; while it may have required me to have the Prime Contractor find another hvac installer for the renovation, I doubt I could have purchased a system of a more inferior quality. My out-of-pocket expenses to pay for just the labor in replacing the inferior components is around $1000.00—this is a cost to me for repairing an essentially brand new system. I'm not impressed with American Standard; and my disappointment with this brand will carry over into other American Standard divisions (plumbing, etc), as the inferior product line is likely the result of a business culture of mediocrity and greed.

William H.