American Standard Air Conditioner Reviews

"American Standard unit is a lemon"

They have just "respectfully declined" to replace my unit on the house even though it is dead and needing repair again after the fourth time it has broken in the four years since the unit has been installed. Two times it was a manufacturing defect that rubbed two lines together and leaked all the refrigerant. One time the condenser coil was leaking and needed to be replaced. And one time the unit was on fire when the blower motor burned up. I have spent almost $1500 repairing this unit and it cost me $5300 to replace. American Standard refuses to do anything but offer me a credit towards the repair that won't even cover full cost of the repair.

Bryan Schoch

North Carolina

"Terrible"

Had it installed and installed didn't remove their shoes.

Jay Walker

Chicago, IL

"Simply Horrible"

Compressor began to make loud grinding noises after 2 years the locked- up in the 5th year. Registered for the 12 year warranty but after 4 weeks, the new compressor is not here. Awful. Awful. Awful… Do not buy from American Standard. Simply not worth the premium since they don't stand behind them.

Waytoohot

Southcoast, MA

"Expensive Junk"

We got an American Standard / Trane furnace and air conditioner installed in 2011 and we've had it repaired at least 5 times since then. After only 3 years, the condenser fan motor broke during the middle of the summer when it was really hot. After another 3 years, the furnace motor went and we paid $900 to get that fixed. After another 2 years, the condenser motor broke again to the tune of $900. Now I'm going to take this manufacturer to small claims court if their warranty service won't reimburse me. I don't even care if I get my money back, I just want to cost them some money by having to send their lawyer out.

Wayne B

New Jersey

"This AC should not be sold to anyone"

I replaced my whole house ac about five years ago and have had nothing but trouble, I had seven service calls last year and the problem was never fixed for more than 2 weeks. I am replacing it this May 2018 I can't go thru another summer with on again off again air, they do not stand behind their product. Beware do not buy American Standard.

Alice Reinhardt