American Standard Air Conditioner Reviews

"Do not buy American Standard Air Conditioners"

It has been almost 3 months since the upstairs air conditioner went out. The air conditioner was in a 4-year-old house, so it was under warranty. They came out and put a new compressor in and charged $900 for labor. However, the new compressor does not adequately cool the upstairs. We called them back. They found an oil leak, still not cooling satisfactorily. They said it was the big window we had. The window has not changed and was there when the old air conditioner cooled properly. Next excuse was technician was ill. They came out and took pictures. Now, 3 months later, it is still not fixed.. We get the run around about who is at fault. We live upstairs in my son's house and have had to move out to my daughter's. Needless to say, the company warranty is worthless. First, it was not good that the air conditioner was only 4 years old. Secondly, when the 1st technician could not fix it, they should have sent another technician, or the company should replace the air conditioner. Obviously, either the compressor is too small and not like the original one, or there is some other breakdown in the system. We have been more than patient. It has been nearly 3 months and we want to move home.

A DeSpain

Edmond, OK

"Allens Air Care"

Paid over $7000 last year for this central heat and air unit. It has stopped working four times so far and the installer has come out another time to drill a hole in the cabinet to release standing water. Allens Air sold me this crap and highly recommended it. I now know why they did; because there is only a one year warranty on labor and they asked double what another company did for warranty work. He told me he does a lot of American Standard repairs and doesn't recommend them to anyone because they come from Mexico. A very cheaply made unit.

Ray Townsend

Murfreesboro, TN

"Super unreliable!!!!"

I just purchased 11 super expensive, new 2.5 ton over and under units for my office building and 5 out of the 11 already broke down in less than 1.5 years!!! Regardless to the inconvenience, it cost me a big financial damage, since I had to close the business for few days each time (it's Florida), and pay to the ac guy for replacing the motors after the 1st year!!!!

Roy Raiter

Florida

"Compressor went out in 4 years"

The 4-year-old compressor went out and was under warranty. We used the person recommended to do the work and it was replaced, but the labor was over $900. However, the repair gave insufficient cooling. When we called them back, they found an oil leak, but it still did not cool sufficiently. We called them back and they said it was because of our large window. That makes no sense since the window has always been there and the cooling was fine. It has still not been fixed and it went out about May 22nd. The urgency of the warranty service company has certainly been lacking. I would not purchase American Standard again since it went out in only four years and the warranty service is terrible.

Jack DeSpain

Edmond, OK

"Piece of junk"

I purchased this sorry piece of crap almost five years ago. It's been a horrendous experience, to say the least. Between the water leaks from the attic furnace and the AC blower, it's been nothing but hell. I have rental property that has better equipment than this half assed built unit. The drain pan under the AC coils was made of plastic. The installer should have returned the unit at the day of installation, however he chose to smear sealant on the cracked drain pan, therefore setting up a water leak that required a new drain pan that fortunately was covered under warranty. The new pan is made of sheet metal, poorly fabricated at best, it doesn't leak, yet! Needless to say, I won't recommend or purchase an American Standard product, period.

Mike Lecamus