Amana Heat Pump Reviews

"What's This"

Way too noisy! When the unit runs outside, it is very noisy. My neighbors have another brand without any noise. They don't even hear it with old windows, mine are brand new Marvin'S. Very disappointed in this furnace/AC. The engineers who design this need to have them by their homes.

E Priester

Minn

"Questions"

Somewhat Unsatisfied

I'm heating a sunroom with the Amana 15,000-17,000 btu heat pump. I live in the cold country of Massachusetts. In the summer, the air conditioner works great but in the winter, the heating bill is $350.00 per month just for a 12×24 feet room. The room has the best insulation possible. Why would the difference be so much. The air conditioner runs most of the summer and is great, but I can't afford to heat it in the winter month. Any suggestions?

Sandi

Ma.

"Don't Buy This Product"

Nothing but problems since it was installed brand new in a house built in 2006. Capacitors, system boards, etc, etc. This is the only HVAC unit that I've had tons of problems. Even changing the filter is a major stress point. Poorly designed, poorly built. I'd rather have a Trane than an Amana and that's pretty bad.

Mike

Carrollton

"Retired"

Stay away from this brand, we had an Amana heat pump installed in 2012. Worked great first year, then compressor went out. The unit is not yet paid in full and has cost us $1000.00 out of pocket because apparently nothing is covered under warranty. They have you over a barrel either you let them fix it and pay and hope you get your money back or not let them fix it and suffer, either way you suffer the consequences. Stay away from Amana.

Yvonne Looney

Knoxville, TN

"Amana Poor Quality"

I purchased two units in 2005 and I've had to have at least one of them repaired every year since. The repairman states that there are known defects in the "a" coil causing a complete failure and Amana will only warranty the failed part and not the loss of the freon, or freight, or service charge etc. Would not buy again. You have been warned!

R. Workman