Amana Furnace Reviews

"Amana Furnace Bad News"

Do not buy Amana or Goodman HVAC / furnace or install with Supreme Air. I had a new HVAC installed in May 2017 and the second unit in Jun 2018 in a rental house. Since the Jun install both have been giving me problems that have taken an incredible amount of my time and renters time and the issues seem to keep coming whether it is a safety recall or heat shut off in the middle of winter due to heat exchanger defect / bad install. If you do not want HVAC corrective maintenance to dominate your pocketbook and time don't use Amana / Goodman or Supreme Air lowest quality all around – trouble from start to who knows when.

Joe Brooks

Anne Arrundel County, MD

"It's A Lemon"

House is only 9 years old and the entire furnace needs replaced. Over the last year, I replaced the blower and two control panels. This is a furnace that does not operate efficiently and is very costly to maintain even with a service agreement. Buyer Beware!

Paul Healey

Mechanicsburg, PA

"AMANA DISTINCTIONS FURNACES"

Somewhat Unsatisfied

This is a 95% efficient furnace. Have had to replace fan assembly, and different switches. Had to have repaired three times in seven years. Not real thrilled with Amana. Will not buy Amana next time I need a furnace.

Mary Ann Hess

Iowa

"Extremely noisy"

Somewhat Unsatisfied

Got this brand new furnace installed on October 18, 2016. No problem with heating, but unit is extremely noisy.

Ravi Maleshri

Calgary, Canada

"Trouble getting parts"

We have been without heat for three full days. The repairman spent 1-1/2 days trying to find parts, specifically a blower for our Amana furnace. We don't live in a metropolis like Atlanta, but we don't live in Hooterville either. We are in Birmingham, Alabama, and when the repairman left last night he said it could be 4 or 5 days before we receive the blower. My husband is a cancer patient. The next time we replace the furnace, I will check to see if we can get parts for it locally before purchasing a $4,000 furnace.

Linda Everson