Amana Air Conditioner Reviews

"Never Amana again!"

I had an Amana Model RCC48C2C installed in my new build last 2005. I have maintained contact service since 2006 on all major appliances. Well, here we are in 2013 I had to replace one entire unit (I have two units one for each floor). I asked the installer about the Amana, quoting …"a piece of crap" not his exact words but you get my drift. On my next build I will be diligently involved in all selection of what I want in my home, I never wanted to have a chance to spend another $7200 bill after 8 yrs!!

T. Malone

TX

"Goodman passed off for Amana!"

Within a 3 year period I had $10,000 investment and maintenance charges for this unit, in which the coil repeatedly broke down causing the unit to fail. I had to replace the entire thing at a cost of $6,200 in just 3 years. Bayside Heating and Air was the seller and did maintenance. They were more interested in selling me unecessary services than servicing the unit they installed.

Janet Helm

Tampa, FL

"Junk ac"

Amana is the biggest piece junk on the market. Do not install!!!!

la

"AVOID AT ALL COST!"

In less than 6 years, we had to replace twice both the compressor tank and the condensation coil.

bruno

"Bad heat pumps!"

We have 3 amana units and have had nothing but problems with the 2 larger ones. We have replaced 1 condenser and several parts in the furnace. I don't think they have ever run like they should. We have had 5 different ac companies work on them and they have all virtually given up. I have called amana direct and all they do is give me a service company local to me. Just had another company they recommended out and still not fixed after 2 days of trying to figure it out and now I have not heard from them in 3 weeks. Guess they cut their losses. It amazes me that amana offer lifetime free parts for their equipment yet no one has a clue how to wire, operate and maintain them.

G. Campbell