Amana Air Conditioner Reviews

"Never Again!!"

I have had a 16 seer Amana for 5 years. I have had someone out here for leaks, 3 of those years and it has never cooled well since it was put in. I also had to have the evaporator coil replaced due to a leak after only 3 years. I am currently sitting here for the 4th leak due to another faulty part that leaked and locked in the 'heat' mode with no parts available. It is currently 100+ degrees outside. Goodman/Amana… You and your workers should be ashamed for producing and selling such crap! Never again will I buy another product from either of these companies.

S. Lancaster

Grand Prairie, TX

"Amana Poor Quality Inexcusable"

2 of the homes we own had Amana air conditioners installed within the past 6 or so years. Both Amana units have leaked refrigerant repeatedly and cost us hundreds or dollars to replace refrigerant. Very very disappointed we chose Amana. We will now have to bear the cost of replacing the whole systems to overcome the constant cost of incurring hundreds of dollars to replace refrigerant. Do not buy Amana air conditioning products! I guess I'm sadly not surprised a North American manufacturer would take hard earned dollars from people in exchange for a product that is so unreliable.

G D

Burlington, Ontario

"A Coil Prone to Leaks"

Don't buy this brand. Buy window units until you save up enough for a better quality brand. Had to refill with refrigerant each season. Replaced a coil and the new one leaks also. No issues with the furnace, yet.

cdm

Induana

"Run don't Walk Away from AMANA AC"

Run don't walk away from Amana AC. Ours had a leak after 3 years. With any luck yours will not break in July nor August. Ours broke in May. Would never buy AMANA anything. They produce subquality products. Hope you buy the labor warranty and parts warranty. You still will pay for the extra like expensive refrigerant and service to evacuate and test.

Rob Smith

Orlando, Florida

"Very disappointed"

17 months after installation, the compressor bound up. The serviceman insisted that the best remedy was to add an after-market "hard-start" compressor saver — to the tune of $400!! Apparently this happens all the time — I called the local distributor who had over 200 of thee "hard- start" devices in stock. Why in the world a company like Amana who's been making central air units for decades can't engineer a decent product beyond me. Goodbye forever, Amana — and Goodman.

Michael