Amana Air Conditioner Reviews

"Amana A/C, best choice I could have made"

I bought 2 Amana A/C-heating systems (a 4 ton and a 3 ton) 4.5 years ago and I couldn't be happier. I clean the outside coils once a year and change the filters once every 1.5 months. Except for that they have been maintenance free. The smaller unit's compressor seems to be a little louder from my bedroom but when I go outside I don't hear the difference between the 2. I wrote a review after the 1st year and still believe it is the installer that makes the difference between a good unit and a bad one. He installed 2 identical units for one of my neighbors and a 3 ton for another 1 year after mine and only 1 service call since on all 5 units.

Larry

"Works fine"

We have an Amana 14 SEER AC unit that was installed in 2012. It has functioned very well so far with no problems.

Elizabeth L.

Houston, TX

"Do not buy"

I had a 17-year old AC system that I knew was well beyond its life cycle, yet it performed well with annual check-ups. I decided to replace the system while a federal energy tax rebate system was in place. Two years after installing the Amana system, the coil started to leak gas. The local AC company performed a colored gas leak test, though unfortunately they did not bring the necessary UV lamp to confirm leakage. As a consequence, the system ran very inefficiently for the following summer season. The following spring, in the third year of ownership, a leak in the coil was confirmed. The coil was replaced, and while still under warranty, I paid nearly $900 for replacement labor. Now, during the fifth year of ownership, the system is again not cooling efficiently, and everything points to a gas leak at the coil. There are other AC systems similarly priced, so I am extremely disappointed that my investment price has increased substantially. Buy another system!

rbristol

Austin, TX

"Don't buy"

Purchased an Amana 4 ton gas system in April 2008. In September 2009, I had to replace a leaking coil. On April 15, the system is leaking again. The dealer says they quit carrying the Amana brand due to the problems. They will try a stop leak on my system now if I pay the service charge and if I wait until fall and the coil is the problem again it will cost me $800 to replace it. Apparently the dealer feels it is my problem alone. If I have to replace the system it won't be this dealer.

R. Hill

San Antonio, TX

"Is one of the best and quiet equipment"

Amana is the best brand.

Luis Acosta