Amana Air Conditioner Reviews

"Worst Service Ever"

This product came to us and when we installed it was making weirded sound. Contacted Amana in regards and they said someone will be coming in 24 to 48 hours. Its being a week now nothing happened. Also contacted HD supply where we bought it from and they said please contact Amana they will decide what to be done. Spend almost $3000 and this is what we got. Its very disappointing.

Ash

Edmonton, AB, Canada

"Stay away!"

I would select below "very unsatisfied" if that was an option. Brand new unit in 2012. Had to replace the outside unit in 2014. Luckily it was under warranty but still had to pay for labor. I've had it "fixed" 3 times so far in 2016 and it's not cooling again. I even tried changing repairmen but neither one could keep this pile of junk running. Don't be fooled by the "lifetime warranty" – what that means is that it won't work right during your lifetime.

Brad Shaver

Lyman, SC

"Unreliable"

After 1 year, it broke. It's 90 degrees and no air. Ten year warranty is no good if service stinks. They can't get to us for 2 days.

J Shepherd

Louisville, KY

"Big mistake!"

Not even used one season and water is pouring out of the return. My installer ( who is on the Amana website) never returned to fix it. Called another Amana service company and spent $125.00 for them to look at it. They said it would cost $400.00 to fix. Called Amana. They said that the part is not under warranty, it is extra. So, a part to keep my AC from leaking all over my ceiling, walls and floor is extra? Terrible unit, terrible service!

Laura

Lebanon, PA

"Very unsatisfied"

We have had our unit for about 7-8 years. At 43 degrees the gas heat is coming on when it should not be. The gas heat is secondary, the heat pump is first. There is evidently something wrong with the heat pump. Not only that but the company that did our furnace and heat pump would not come out to see why our furnace or heat pump would not turn on during freezing rain. We are no longer going with ******* ******* ** *** because of this. We could have frozen. But thanks to Sunset Heating we got our heat back on.

Karen Smith