Amana Air Conditioner Reviews

"AMANA SUCKS"

We purchased the inside and out brand new with a 5 yr warranty then paid for the ten yr extended. So far we have had the inside motor and squirrel cage replaced 4 times because they fell apart. Then we've had the outside fan replaced. The condensers been replaced and we had to change our inside breaker from a 40 amp to a 60 amp due to the outside unit shutting it off after the 2 inside fan was replaced. now as of last night (temp. 105 Texas) inside temp was 92, the compressor and condensors are both out. Had to find a window unit and have my kids sleep in my room on the floor just to keep cool. I know there is a lemon law and if Amana doesn't want to replace it then I will be finding me a lawyer. When you pay $5000.00 you expect the darn thing to last more then 3 yrs. but these repairs have been happening since it was 6 months old. I will never buy Amana again. We're not rich people and can't just go replace it every 3 yrs. You except it to have minor problems, but this is crazy. never again!!!

HOPE EDMISTON

Texas

"Very dependable"

Our Amana ac unit has been absolutely wonderful. It keeps our home very comfortable and we have not experienced any problems in the 4 years since it was installed. Very quiet and very dependable.

Larry Tompkins

"Amana Central AC"

We have an Amana ac. We have not had one problem with it. We have it serviced yearly and are completely satisfied with it.

D. Bloomer

"Love it"

This is the second summer I have had my amana a/C. I wished I would have replaced my unit sooner if I knew I would save this much on my bills. I was surprised to see some of the reviews on here, about noise my service man sat down with me and showed me several units explaining the different types and how some were better then others. you must have just had bad installers I love my amana.

hank

"Amana unit is terrible"

I'm in the process of replacing my 5-ton Amana packaged A/c unit. It was installed new in July 2003. Since that time, I'm on my 3rd compressor and just now the blower motor and circuit board has failed. The motor alone costs $700.00. When the service tech opened up the panel on the unit, it was amazing to see how much corrosion and mildew was in the unit. I've never seen the inside of an a/c unit look so bad. I've been adding up the repairs and I've almost spent as much repairing the unit as I did to purchase it new. I always thought that Amana was a good brand, but I have learned the hard way just how terrible these things are. I have never been more dissatisfied with an appliance as I have been with this one. I called Amana's consumer affairs division and was basically told to read the warranty and if its not covered, oh well, its your problem. One would think that a reputable company would look at the level of failure and be willing to help make this unit right, but not Amana. I also understand that Amana is either owned or affiliated with Goodman. Just to be safe, I would stay away from anyone that has anything to do with an Amana. These things are pure junk and Amana is useless.

J.L. Haney