Amana Air Conditioner Reviews

"So far, so good – ASX16 (5-ton)"

We just had this unit installed yesterday, but as of today we are really pleased with it. It effectively cools our house and we are topping out a 105 degrees here right now. But the best difference compared to the unit is replaced is the noise. This thing is incredibly quiet (outside unit). It is about as loud as a standard box fan that you can pick up at the hardware store for $20; incredible! There is a slight rise in the noise when the compressor kicks in but it is hardly worth mentioning and the noise drops off within a few seconds. One thing I have learned is that every AC unit out there relies on the same source for their compressor – Copeland Scroll. A quick web search on the name will take you to their site. After that the outside unit is not much more than a radiator; copper tubes and metal fins. There is some electronics and supporting hardware but the heart of the unit is the Copeland Scroll. The cover for the outside units is very well made out of high quality sheet metal. It looks a lot better than the unit is replaced and I am certain that it will hold up well over time. If anything happens to change our fisrt impressions, I will let the folks here know that. But as I said – so far, so good.

J Eldridge

"Mr"

Piece of Junk. We had 2 brand new units installed in our house. They gave us nothing but trouble from the day one. Multiple failures of condenser and evaporator cores. Both had to be replaced after 5 years.

Carlos Sanchez

"Danny"

The compressor unit seems to cool ok,but, at a cost. I replaced a 20 year old carrier unit with an amana. The new amana was supposed to be quieter and more cost efficient. I can honestly say that it is the loudest a/c unit I have ever heard. I can hear it running from anywhere in my house, and from as far away as my nieghbors house two doors down the street. I believe the compreesor is making the noise, and will not last because of it. Amana has replaced the unit, admitting the loudness of it, but the new unit is just as bad. As for cost efficient, do not see it.

Dan Walton

"Amana"

Complete piece of junk. Had compressor replaced 2 years ago and now it is out again. Company says only had a 90 day warranty on new compressor. paid $150.00 to be told that I need a whole new unit.

Cynthia Miller

"Reply to HOPE"

Your post sounds almost impossible to believe! Either you're a competitor just bashing this brand or you have had the worst experience ever! I find your comments impossible to believe….things you say just do not make sense. If all you say is true, then you must of had the absolute worst hack ever install your system! Some things are a bit over the top….your post is way over the top! Hard to believe!

Jimmy