Amana Air Conditioner Reviews

"Buy ANYTHING else"

When I built my house 3 years ago my builder put an Amana system in my home. Big mistake. After three years the reversing valve broke leaving causing all the Freon to leak out. When I called Amana, because the unit is still under warranty, they replaced the $250 part but refused to pay for all the Freon that leaked out as a result of their faulty part ($600) or the labor charges to fix the unit ($900). I wish I had paid for a unit manufactured by anybody else. The customer service and quality of this product has to be the worst on the market!

E. Stolz

Huntsville, AL

"Bad warranty"

After 2 years my Amana 5 ton a/c compressor has went out and all the lines are full of acid. The whole unit has to be replaced and its only 2 years old. I contacted my ho Insurance and am working with them as its in the 90's here and for the last 3 days we have been miserable. Bullshit deal all around I'm pissed.

Mark Daniel Vaughn

Riceville, TN

"Horrible Product"

We purchased an Amana HVAC unit several years ago and have had nothing but problems. The warranty was never honored by the company we purchased the unit from. At least once a year we have to have some major work done on it. Then it works for a while; alas not for long. We paid Aire Serv thousand of dollars for the product and the install and the service. All they every do is complain that we don't like our service or our unit. Today, we sit in 104 degree with no air. UGH! Fed up. But because company did not honor warranty, I will NEVER buy another AMANA product of any kind.

Joy Sayler

Las Vegas, NV

"Stay away from Amana"

I am a nurse and was sold this Amana a/c. Cost over $5,500, less than 2 years the compressor goes bad, even though the part is covered for 10 years- the labor and putting new refrigerant will cost me $500. Not reliable air conditioning system. Too costly to maintain.

consuelo aguilar

"Amana junk"

Worst a/c in the market. I'm an hvac contractor and I don't believe the lifetime warranty. Selling point is like buying a car because comes with lifetime warranty in the motor but 5 years transmission same with Amana's lifetime warranty in compressor and 10 years coils motors and parts not to mention Amana is a Goodman a/c with another name made with Chinese components and after 10 years your unit will be a big piece of rust.

Ross bawer