Amana Air Conditioner Reviews

"Like said installer lnstaller installer"

Like said I think its all about who installed the unit. Installed a 13seer amana march 2012. Great unit so far. Set at 78 and its to cold for me. As for the warranty I am sure I paid extra for this but I am ok with that because for next 20 years everything is covered parts and labor and the compressor lifetime. I installed a amana furnace at the sametime and same type warranty and I am just as happy. a Big Thank To The good guys in appleton wi. I can not say enough about how good they where from start to finish. Will again as needed in the future.

p huss

wisconsin

"Amana Is Top Of The Line."

The problem with the internet is any one can slam anything or anyone, any other mfg can smear the other homeowner. Facts are the people that are very happy with their Equipment on any Mfg model are not out here venting their problems. Trane Carrier Amanna Goodman all are good units How they are installed and maintaned or used, I love it on a service call. when I go out for a problem there always a New filter and the unit shines. Stop by without calling and I have found no filter installed or so dirty that it was about to be sucked up. I'm going to sum this up. How can every other person be happy and five stars and every other bitting the Bullet, Find out the truth, there a lot more to every story, Installation is the key, Outlaw DIY and 99% of the problems will be solved.

Robert Plasid

Houston Tx

"Air Conditioning Bliss"

Customers of Amana or any brand for that matter. If your system has to be charged with freon it is not Amana's fault. It is (who) you selected to install it. If your system is less than 5 years old and you were charged to repair anything on your unit it was installed incorrectly. Again, (who) the company you select is very important. Cheap labor is not necessarily skilled and skilled labor is not necessarily cheap. You get what you pay for. Amana is Awesome! How could you rate anything but 5 stars?

Subject Matter Expert

Missouri

"Could have done better"

Somewhat Unsatisfied

Decided to replace our old ac when remodeling the house, and chose the Amana based on our now former tech's recommendation, and the warranty. After the install we discovered we couldn't run only the fan like we've been able to do with every other unit we've had. We've had two repair calls that the new tech attributed to power surges. The "lifetime" filter is a joke, stops only the largest debris, and allows everything else to deposit itself on the coils. Also found out, from the former tech, that annual service didn't include cleaning the coils and would cost several hundred dollars. To add insult to injury the size of the "lifetime" filter is is different than every other filter on the market, and the ones we had custom made cause the unit to whistle and howl. When it works it works well, but we certainly haven't saved any money with our new, energy efficient air conditioner.

W. Billings

Key Largo, FL

"Just Keeps Going"

My wife and I have had an Amana ac and furnace for 16 years. The system works great!!! I have not had to spend $1 to fix the system :). I will buy Amana for life!

Jack E