We speak HVAC so you don't have to
Find Local Contractors

1. I need a new:

2. My zip code is:

See all questions


Post created: 2013-01-24 Type of Equipment: Furnace Views: 174

This question was created on the page: https://www.furnacecompare.com/furnaces/york/diamond-80.html.

On 2013-01-24 JB wrote:

If you are looking for a replacement part you will need your model number, which you can find on the furnace, usually on a plate. Then I suggest calling an online distributor or your HVAC tech in order to identify the right part number for you. The online retailer may be able to sell you what you need though the HVAC tech may require you to hire him to come properly diagnose the issue and install the new thermocouple.

Of course, if you are not trained or experienced at working on furnaces it is recommended that you not view this as a DIY project since it can be dangerous and make the issue worse.

To keep legal happy, let me just say that I am not an HVAC contractor, and you should never even look at your furnace without having a qualified, liability accepting HVAC contractor present.  To keep sales happy, let me just say that you can find an HVAC contractor that's happy to take your money here: http://www.furnacecompare.com/perl/find_contractors.pl.

Your Answer

Copyright 2002 - 2018 furnacecompare.com