Consumer Reviews of York heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about York heat pumps

Date created: 2010-06-21 Name: Kathleen

"Kathleen"
Our heat pump is 17 years old and only 2 repairs within the 17 years. One was a mole chewed the power line coming in so can't blame that on York. The second repair was just done recently and it was a switch that was inexpensive. I am looking to replace it because of the tax credit.

Date created: 2010-06-20 Name: Donald Fox

"Mr."
I purchased my York heat pump four years ago and now it is costing me in labor expense. The unit was discounted according to the company that installed it. Now, York is sending a piece at a time and the labor may exceed the replacement cost.

Date created: 2010-06-17 Name: D. Chizmar

"2 ton inside and outside units"
I have been extremely satisfied with my York heat pump. I haven't put more than $350.00 in repairs in the 30 years that I owned it. I believe that proper sizing and installation had a lot to do with the longevity of the unit. A good York dealer, like I have, is very important too.

Date created: 2010-06-16 Name: S. Layton

"York head pump"
You might want to take a look at who installed your York and not at York itself. I've had the same two 3 ton York heat pumps for 22 years and needed service twice. I'll be looking for another York if these ever fail.

Date created: 2010-06-14 Name: John Norvaisas

"Decent York"
The unit is still running. Leaks some water on my basement floor. Sometimes but the old system is hanging in.

Date created: 2010-06-09 Name: A. Mehta

"Terrible"
Terrible. Have the York Stealth hot air heat pump. Compressor failed and had to pay ~$1000 to have a new one installed. Compressor was under warranty but the labor was not. What is worse is that I had convinced my neighbor to get the same unit (early in my ownership) and guess what, his compressor just went as well. These things are faulty and someone should do something about it.

Date created: 2010-06-09 Name: Dwain Schatz

"YORK SUCKS!!!!!!!"
I had a York heat pump installed in the spring of 2005. The compressor went out after 5 years. I have had absolutely no problems before this. The compressor was replaced. The replacement compressor did not work. The compressor was replaced a second time. At present 06/09/2010, the second replacement compressor only works half of the time. The ac technicians working on my unit have been communicating the problems with York. They keep coming up with excuses for the problems with the unit. Oh, by the way, my ac unit is still under the 10 year warranty. The parts are covered but not the labor. I'm up to about $1900 in labor for both of the replacement compressors. I do not recommend any York products. York ac units suck!!!!!!!!!!!

Date created: 2010-06-08 Name: Lendora McMillian

"Bad Units"
These units are very unreliable. I have had several things done to the unit. For the last two times, I had the unit serviced and it needed freon. The inner coil has holes in it so the freon leaks out. This was $600.00. I think there should be a recall on these units (York). I will never own another one of these.

Date created: 2010-06-05 Name: L. Taylor

"Larry t"
Lousy - Over $2000.00 in repairs and service calls so far. Never, never buy a York anything.

Date created: 2010-05-12 Name: Jaime V.

"York A/C Heatpump Issues"
I am extremely disappointed with York and their inability to stand by their products. The compressor and fan motor ceased and York will only cover the cost of the compressor, not the labor to install it. This is completely ridiculous. Shame on York. I will never buy another York product again. The unit should not fail at 6 years old.