Consumer Reviews of York heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2017?

Read more about York heat pumps

Date created: 2011-05-12 Location: US CA LA firestone park

"A review of my heat pump...."
Iam using this brand of heat pump since 2007....and iam very satisfied with this brand's quality and efficiency....iam using this brand and model because i know about it's quality....one thing which i dislike about it is that its very heavy to move. its too much heavy but still it is very good in it's functioning....and i never repaired or replaced it because iam very much convinced with its working.....and yes definitely whenever in future i need one more heat pump for my new house iam goin to buy this brand once more because i experienced it and i found it as i expected.....and iam goin to recommend it to all of my friends and relatives as well.thnx for having my review about heat pumpat my home.....

Date created: 2011-03-28 Name: TMcGugan
Location: Olathe, KS

"Absolute garbage"
Unfortunately, two York heat pumps came with the house, which is not quite 6 years old, so of course, the units are justout of warranty. The smaller of the two, which controls the heating and cooling for a suite above our garage, is getting a new motor. The damage is $600. We get both units checked and cleaned twice a year, and that unit gets far less use than the other because we rarely use that part of the house. We keep the thermostat low in winter and high in summer. There should be VERY little wear and tear on it, yet themotor has burned out. I would never have purchased York if we had built this house, and I certainly will never buy it again. It is noisy, inefficient, unreliable and a terrible value. Now we will wait for the other one to die -- the one that controls the temperature in the main living area of the house. Ohhh, can't wait.

Date created: 2011-02-19 Name: Dave
Location: Atlanta, GA

"York Is Garbage!"
If you have asthma or chemical sensitivities, STAY AWAY from York. I have 2, 4 ton heat pump systems with emergency back up furnaces. Running the system in emergency heat mode thru the furnace seems to work ok. HOWEVER, if I try and run the heat or A/C in standard heat pump mode, the quality of the air changes. It's almost as if I am suffocating and my asthma starts to flair up. I think that the balance in this R10-4A refrigerant that York uses somehow is off balance and it spits out carbon monoxide. I can't be 100% sure but something is definitely wrong with the quality of the air I am breathing whenever the heat pump or A/C kicks on. I was so much happier with a crappy single stage Payne model. At least it didnt make me have asthma and chemical attacks when it kicked on. YORK corportate is also very hard to deal with. They offer NO customer support and will not work with you! Avoid York products like the plague!!!!

Date created: 2011-02-12 Name: Alice Gunn
Location: Thomasville Georgia

"Worse Unit I could have Purchased."
This is the worse unit I have ever seen. all it does is run and run and run. and blows very little heat. I just purchased a brand new "York".I have lived in my home for 7 years and have never been this cold. The unit is a lemon or something.Does not heat.I have had the repairmen here so many times it is nonsense. The unit comes on. blows almost cold air and never shuts off. The only time it works almost right is when it's not cold out. I spend more time getting up and turning it up and then down than anything. And my light bill has jumped so high it is unbelievable. Do not buy a York..

Date created: 2011-02-09 Name: A.Miller
Location: Terre Haute, IN

"Going broke with my York High Efficiency Heat Pump"
My unit is appx 6 yrs old. Have had to had it worked on quite a few times. You don't realize how improperly it's working until your electric bill suddenly goes from around $270-$320 in extreme weather to $600/month. By the time you get that bill, you already have another one in the works with the energy company. That's when you know once again, that it is malfunctioning. I recently went into the office of the office of the company that installed it as it was not working again. I told them that I am very concerned about what is going to happen in four years when the warranty runs out since it continues to have problems. I said that I thought that it should be replaced if it is going to keep malfunctioning. The owner of the company looked at me and said and I quote "Lots of luck. A company as big as York doesn't care about people like you and me." His repairman that came to work on the unit told me that these units aren't built to last. That was a couple of weeks ago. Tonight, 2-9-11, it is being worked on again as it won't come on at all. The repairman that came to my house tonight explained that several years ago, these units or parts of them, were built in Mexico. He said that they have had several callbacks on them but that they are still having to deal with the problems from those units. He said that now, the units are built with American made parts and they are functioning much better. Just what kind of company leads the owner of a company that only sells York units, to tell a customer that York doesn't care about people like he & I. I did call Johnson Controls corporate office & they acted all concerned that day and said that they would follow up but I haven't heard back from them since 2 weeks ago and now it is broken once again. My family is suggesting that I hurry up and sell my house and pass this lemon along to someone else. My choice is that York make good on its' product. I know that I will be stuck with recurring large repair bills after the warranty runs out. I would be happy to become part of a class action lawsuit against York & Johnson Controls.

Date created: 2011-02-03 Name: Fed Up
Location: Knoxville Tn

"Read the other very unsatisfied posts"
The symptoms my unit has had are identical obviously York has an issue and just does not care. Perhaps a class action law suite might peak their interest. It seems to me all the griping and complaining is not doing anything to solve our problems with their extremely poor quality products. They basically are ripping off the public and do not care. What a bunch of cowards!

Date created: 2011-02-03 Name: james
Location: texas

"Johnson controls sucks"
My unit leaks water and freon. Johnson controls sent some company that isn't even registered w the BBB. They work out of a garage. They won't replace unit. Zero support.

Date created: 2011-02-02 Name: joseph
Location: nederland texas

"Johnson controls"
If you want a system that will self destruct and leak freon into your house with no support from johnson controls, then buy a york. Even my ac company is ashamed to have sold it because the factory will not reimberse them for all the labor and parts they have dumped into this piece.

Date created: 2011-01-30 Name: Pat Llucci
Location: Columbus Oh

"Affinity sears 18 seer 10hspf"
We bought our unit in 2009, atleast 10 repair men later it is still not working properly. This unit never turns off the first two winters it turned into a very expensive block of ice beside our house. A new coil, ambeint temp sensor, mother board in the heat pump, and adjustment after adjustment it still is not working properly. Read reviews on this product before buying unless you want your electic bill to go from seventy dollars a month in the summer to five hundred and forty for one month in the winter. I have the is unit for three years and I have begged york to take the product and return my money with no luck.

Date created: 2011-01-25 Name: Lendora McMillian
Location: Supply, NC

"Worst Ever"
My advise to the thinking about buyers of a york heat pump. (don't buy one). My unit has to have work done it every year, and I, have been working out of town every since I, had the unit, until 3 years ago, so the unit was hardly used. now the compressor has gone out, and a contractor told me the part is only about 4, or 5 hundred dollars, but it will cost between $1,200.00 - $1,500.00 for the labor, and thats not including the freon to put back in it. My question is why warranty the part, and the labor will be more than what the part cost. I, think they should take all york heat pumps, and discontinue them. Quit ripping people off.