Consumer Reviews of York heat pumps

Read more about York heat pumps

Date created: 2014-11-25 Name: Doug Grant
Location: Tucson, AZ

"11 years on a 10-year Warranty with a $982 repair bill"
My All-in-One 4 ton heat pump from York was installed during a complete home remodel. The first year of performance was great, but it rapidly declined and always under performed. A lot of vibration began early in its lifespan, and it continued until the variable speed motor gave out one year after the warranty expired. The $982 replacement motor was just enough for me to never consider York again for my home heating and cooling.

Date created: 2014-10-17 Name: Dorothy Karagula
Location: North Florida

"York unit is very efficient and worth the money"
I had problems initially. I was not sure if it was the contractor's error. However, York stood behind the warranty and replaced the faulty one. I used a different contractor for the replacement unit. I have had it about 6 months and I have seen a significant reduction in my power bill. I have noticed less fluctuations in room temperature than with the old unit. Overall, it was well worth the expense of the new unit and the response of the company when a problem did arise was great.

Date created: 2014-10-10 Name: R. Dammers
Location: Tampa, FL

"York's inferior coils"
My units were manufactured in 2010. The aluminum alloy used to manufacture the coils is of inferior quality and is susceptible to leakage. The coil is replaced under warranty with a coil that is still of questionable quality, but is now coated. The labor costs for detecting the leakage and replacing the coil is not covered under the regular warranty policy. This results in approximately $750 to $800 in labor costs per unit to have a coil replaced. Speaking to York does not yield any compensation for the labor costs incurred, which would not have been incurred had the unit(s) been fitted with a good quality coil. It appears to be an industry-wide issue. The dealers I have spoken to are all dealing with similar complaints. Buyer beware.

Date created: 2014-09-30 Name: G LAKE
Location: Pictou, Nova Scotia, Canada

"Heat pumps"
I find the unit to be very efficient, with a powerful blower system to deliver heating and cooling very quickly. I have used York as a central air conditioner for 25 years without any problem. When it finally died, I decided to use York again as a heat pump system and have been extremely pleased with its performance since installation in July 2013.

Date created: 2014-09-06 Name: T. Risinger
Location: Sargent, TX

"A/C & heat equipment"
When our old a/c went out in the Texas heat, Murray Mechanical showed up quickly & installed our new York heat pump. The unit works great, but imagine our surprise when we got our first electric bill. It dropped almost in half! Would highly recommend York & Murray Mechanical again & again.

Date created: 2014-08-30 Name: Patricia Smalley
Location: Henderson, NV

"Complaint"
We purchased a 3 1/2 ton York AC unit in March 2013. Yesterday it quit blowing cold air. The company that installed it was on vacation -- they told me to call a tech and then hung up! Had a licensed company come to diagnose the problem! The copper tube was leaking & all Freon except 1 pound was left!! It had to be welded & freon added cost of $872.00 including labor! Is this a factory defect or did installer make errors? Please advise as this was only 1 1/2 yrs old.

Date created: 2014-08-26 Name: James Fortney
Location: Louisville, Kentucky

"Very quiet"
Very quiet inside and outside.

Date created: 2014-08-22 Name: John Clark
Location: Brawley, CA

"Very noisy, but seems to cool well"
Unit sounds like a big truck starting up...very noisy...seems to cool well. I had just put over $600 in my previous unit (purchased from the same contractor) with no guarantee that it would make it through the summer. ( like a week previous to buying this one) I feel I should have some credit from them at least for the new parts they put in my old one since they will use them again. I will probably find another ac company to do service on this new unit.

Date created: 2014-05-19 Name: Carl H.
Location: Virginia Beach

"Never Again"
I have had 2 York systems and have had nothing but problems. I had a gas furnace in my primary residence and a heat pump in a rental house that is 4.5 years old. I had to replace the gas furnace fan motors 3 times and a board once over a 10 year period. The heat pump copper tubing were installed so close together that the vibration created a freon leak. Now two years later the compressor fails. That's when I woke up and said never again.

Date created: 2014-04-07 Name: r mcdowell
Location: hurst tx

"Do not buy York"
Do not buy York..purchased a heat pump in 2011 and condenser coil has failed twice in less than 3 yrs. Cost 734.00 to replace 1st time..trying to work with york to get new unit but they want me to sign a release form relinquishing my warranty rights before they will provide a new unit. I feel this is to be unfair trade practice and should be stopped immediately.