Consumer Reviews of York heat pumps

Read more about York heat pumps

Date created: 2015-07-21 Name: John Green
Location: Dayton, OH

"Best decision for new HVAC system"
Had 2 previous Carrier systems in our home over the past 25 years and we had numerous service calls on each...very expensive repairs. We decided to look into other brands and selected York because they seemed to have some innovative designs which we could not find with other brands. We purchased a 2 stage Vs Furnace and a new 14.5 seer heat pump. Installation was very well done. The unit is extremely quiet, attractive and the humidity in our home has never been better. Our contractor delivered everything he promised and we couldn't be happier. Our utility bills have lowered significantly. We could not have made a better decision...very happy with our new York system.

Date created: 2015-06-12 Name: Bob Fritz
Location: East San Diego County, California

"Excellent service and equipment"
Our desert house had only a swamp cooler for cooling so we wanted to upgrade. We contacted two contractors - one associated with Home Depot, and Locke Air Conditioning from nearby El Centro. Locke offered a York unit for 25% less than the other contractor and were able to schedule installation at my convenience. The installation took only a day with a three man crew. It was done very professionally and attractively inside and outside of the house. We recommend both York equipment and Locke Air Conditioning for our hot desert conditions.

Date created: 2015-06-04 Name: Ed Fleming
Location: Seattle, WA

"New heat pump and air handler"
Old unit was replaced by the new unit in about 10 hours. The crew was hard working and cleaned up the job site before they left. I had a good working knowledge of the system. So far the new York system has been cost effective. I would recommend the system and contractor.

Date created: 2015-05-22 Name: mary c.
Location: Eastern Washington

"Rubbish"
Fixes to this unit, which just turned six and York says is out of warranty, have cost more than 1/3 of the original purchase price. At first little things that are costly, a 8 buck valve that caused $1,000 in Freon replacement, and now an evaporator coil that is also $1,000. I suspect they know all about these issues, and should put out a recall on these units (YHFJ). I'll never ever purchase York again. I wish I'd done more research. Lousy equipment, and I feel terrible for the HV tech and the local HVAC company who sold this to me. They no longer will carry York equipment, as they have spent too much time on fixing these units and having to deal with seriously upset customers. All they can do is patch these units up (with equally lousy OEM parts, no doubt). Never again York, and this transaction will be reported to my state's attorney general and to the Feds. York knows how lousy these heat-pump, air handler and furnace combos are. Shame on you, York.

Date created: 2015-04-05 Name: Carol Kinzner
Location: Tacoma, WA

"Review of York"
This equipment has been quiet, reliable, and energy efficient.

Date created: 2015-02-26 Name: Contractor from PA
Location: Pennsylvania

"Absolute junk"
I am a builder in Pennsylvania, so I know what I'm talking about. I have a 5-year-old York heat pump and it is by far the most problematic item I've ever come across of any kind in any house that I've been in. And believe me, that's a lot. This winter my electric bill has gone from $220 last year to $730-900 monthly this year. All because of faulty defrost boards in the pos. If York was any kind of reputable company, they would reimburse me for this, or at least fix this thing correctly so I can stop hemorrhaging money for electricity. Any quality plumbing fixture company will absolutely pay for any damage that a leaky/defective faucet would do. Anything from buying new countertops to cabinets to replacing floors. I've seen it all. And I am saying York is not a company that you want to do business with.

Date created: 2014-12-17 Name: J. Leon
Location: San Jose, CA

"Never worked right"
The heater has never worked right since we bought it from a York approved vendor. It shuts off when you need it. We've had several repair services out, including York approved. They all complain about it. Don't ever buy York!

Date created: 2014-12-17 Name: Shane Heath
Location: Revelstoke, B.C.

"York heat pump model YHJF36S41S4 is working great!"
My family and I purchased a York heat pump model YHJF36S41S4. I had done research online through blogs and forums. I was interested in the York Guard control module because of their demand defrost. I had heard about a lot of compressor failures and York seemed to have a good report because of their patented control module. We have been operating our heat pump as our primary heat source for about 3 weeks and we are pleased with the results. Thanks.

Date created: 2014-11-25 Name: Doug Grant
Location: Tucson, AZ

"11 years on a 10-year Warranty with a $982 repair bill"
My All-in-One 4 ton heat pump from York was installed during a complete home remodel. The first year of performance was great, but it rapidly declined and always under performed. A lot of vibration began early in its lifespan, and it continued until the variable speed motor gave out one year after the warranty expired. The $982 replacement motor was just enough for me to never consider York again for my home heating and cooling.

Date created: 2014-10-17 Name: Dorothy Karagula
Location: North Florida

"York unit is very efficient and worth the money"
I had problems initially. I was not sure if it was the contractor's error. However, York stood behind the warranty and replaced the faulty one. I used a different contractor for the replacement unit. I have had it about 6 months and I have seen a significant reduction in my power bill. I have noticed less fluctuations in room temperature than with the old unit. Overall, it was well worth the expense of the new unit and the response of the company when a problem did arise was great.