Consumer Reviews of York heat pumps

Read more about York heat pumps

Date created: 2016-05-12 Name: Tonya Delfo
Location: Milton, FL

"Love York AC Unit"
Put a York in an old house over 15 years ago & had such good unit & service that we put one in our recent house. Reliability is great & when I did have problems on my first unit it was repaired ASAP. Looked & compared all the other competitors & this was the best choice & price. Wanted a Trane but know what can stop a Trane is the price so we got a unit that works better. My in-laws are on their 3rd Trane unit in 20 years. Our first house is still on its first in 15 years. They are always having to have someone come work on theirs. We had the mother board changed & nothing else in 15 years so when we bought our recent house we went with what was already proven & just got a York again. It's been over a year & still very happy & it is hot in Florida most of the year!

Date created: 2016-05-11 Name: V. Hamilton
Location: Tallahassee, FL

"Time will tell"
Couldn't find the series or model listed on this sites drop down, which now has me a bit concerned. Initially my research revealed that 90% of any heat pump or A/C installation was all about the contractor and not the brand of the unit. I felt pretty confident on the installers experience and integrity, though I was somewhat leery of this brand he recommended. Found many folks very pleased with the York brand up north, sadly they didn't seem too happy down here in Florida. But with a full 1 year parts and labor warranty and a 10 year compressor and parts warranty, plus an upgrade to a much more efficient unit, I went forward. Installation seemed to go smoothly, but due to a mild spring, it did not get a lot of use immediately. Sadly within 30 days of installation, water comes pouring into my hallway from the uptake air return. Contractor was fast to respond the very next morning, turns out the main problem was failure on his part to "clear the drain line", which had become clogged. Really? This would not be part of your standard procedure when installing an all new interior and exterior replacement system? Apparently not. This clogged line led to the catch pan filling up and then draining. But it turns out the drain line from the pan was routed into my hallway! Yes, you read that correctly, but that was not the contractors fault, it had been done when the house was built or when the last system was installed 20 years ago. Who knows how this was even allowed by inspectors, but then there was an inspector for this contractor who never found anything wrong. I guess I just get a little put off by folks when you spend thousands of dollars and don't expect to have any problems for the first two years and this kind of thing happens in the first 30 days. Buyer beware, even the most respectable contractor doesn't always do all that he should. If I had not been home when the "waterfall" incident occurred, my flooring would have been ruined, costing thousands more in repair. The old system never had one instance of a problem like this, just saying.

Date created: 2016-05-11 Name: Janet Judd
Location: Sun City, AZ

"Laudatory"
My seasonal home is in Arizona. The previous unit was a Trane and never gave me any trouble but it was 13 years old and my contractor said it was on life support, if I got a new one the warranty was 10 years -- more than my personal warranty so rather than have the Trane go out at an inconvenient moment I followed his advice and got a new one. Took what he suggested and was happy it is brown like the house it sits on top of. It is very quiet and my neighbors are thrilled, They can now have a conversation while on their patio.

Date created: 2016-04-20 Name: Donna Clodfelter
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"York residential air conditioner/heat pump"
My York was installed in March of 2016, in Phoenix, Arizona, so I have only had it for two months. So far, the system is excellent. It is much quieter than my older unit, a Goettl. I am very satisfied with both the heating and the cooling functions. After reading many reviews, I learned it was extremely important to select your installer, almost more important than the selection of the brand unit itself. I feel I paid a very fair price.

Date created: 2016-02-14 Name: Ben Lutz
Location: Valdese, NC

"Piece of crap"
Had my unit installed about 9 years ago. Core in the air handler went bad. Capacitors, outdoor fan; you name it, it happened. Board went bad in the outside unit. I have put more into Freon leaks, parts and labor than the original install price. Need I say more? I am relying on emergency heat in wintertime. Did I mention wrong wiring setup in outdoor unit? Every time it went to defrost only cold air would come out like a summer air conditioner. After several trips the tech finally found the problem was a capacitor wired wrong.

Date created: 2015-12-13 Name: Daniel Ridlen
Location: Mississippi

"Performance"
The unit performs well. If the unit lasts a long time it will help me decide whether or not to purchase the same brand. I don't mind paying for an expensive unit as long as it lasts for a long time with minimal repairs!

Date created: 2015-12-11 Location: union nj

"the heat pump that keeps me and my family comfortable"
I had bought my home over 2 years ago and I had a lot of my family recommend to me this brand, York. I was skeptical about it because I was happy with my current one. So I bought my York heat pump in 2013 and I was amazed at the comfort I had and the power this machine has. I was totally shocked with it, it is also reliable to where I have only had to do a maintenance on it about a month ago. I normally do maintenance on all my machines every three months but this one is different. However the only thing I don't like about it is the size. I wish it was a little smaller and less noisy. Besides that I would recommend it to a friend like my family did to me. I am so happy that my family told me about this brand because regardless of the noise I love this machine for its comfort and the power it provides.

Date created: 2015-12-10 Name: Barb
Location: Moseley, VA

"One year review"
So far I have no issues; everything is working well. The only issue at this point is that it takes three 10x10 filters and you can't find them easily; they have to be ordered. That doesn't make sense to make equipment that needs filters that are hard to find.

Date created: 2015-09-30 Name: jerry

"Great heat pump"
Great unit, heats and cools very well.

Date created: 2015-09-15 Name: Rose-Marie V.
Location: Leicester, NC

"Great service! Great product!"
Very happy with the sales and installation process of this replacement heat pump. Our installer, Wayne Early HVAC, was professional and patient under extenuating circumstances! He stood by us and made sure the home warranty company honored their agreement to replace the old one that had been continuously breaking down over the last few years. They only wanted to "put a band-aid on it" rather than replace the unit, despite replacing the compressor every year for 3 years. He finally convinced them that it really just needed to be replaced. Then, they took forever to approve and to pay him, and yet he still stood by us and installed it as soon as he got their approval. He highly recommended the York unit that we had installed and are very pleased with this upgrade to what we had. I am looking forward to seeing a less expensive heating/cooling bill!