Consumer Reviews of York heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2018?

Read more about York heat pumps

Date created: 2017-06-07 Name: Dan Carter
Location: Church Hill, TN

"Not a good unit"
We purchased this unit for our church at a cost of $9730 in September 2015 and have had continuous problems and the dealer can't fix the unit. The thermostat calls for cooling but the outside unit doesn't come on. They have replaced the relay and a circuit board but it still doesn't work right. The service man calls the factory every time he comes out for guidance but still no results. I have requested the service manager replace the unit if they can't fix it.

Date created: 2017-02-04 Name: SHERRY B
Location: O'Fallon, IL

"TERRIBLE"
I was sold a hunk of junk overpriced York hvac. In less than 3 years the compressor, thermostat and distributing board needed to be replaced. The hvac cost $9000.00. I have requested more house calls on this new HVAC than my 30 year old non-HVAC system. The York HVAC model I have is discontinued. There are no replacement parts available for my particular model. My electric bill has gone up $50 monthly since I bought the system 3 years ago. I have clearly been exploited.
Date created: 2017-01-21 Name: R Bat
Location: Tenafly, NJ

"Don't throw your money away with YORK heat pumps"
York system installed seven years ago. It is 50 degrees outside as I write this and the thermostat is set at 67 degrees. I cannot get the house warm enough for system to shut down and cycle off / on even with auxiliary heat kicking in. They pretty much know the problem already, these techs must repair a lot of fairly new units. I truly miss the Lennox unit I had. It lasted 19 years. Thank you Lennox engineers going back to 1990! My next one will be Lennox or a highly rated system.
Date created: 2016-09-05 Name: Gil LeBlanc
Location: New Brunswick

"Stay away"
My son and I both built new homes 11 years ago and we both purchased York 4 and 6 ton heat pumps. We both have had extensive problems with both units. My son changed his out after only 7 years and I am presently changing mine out after having 2 to 3 breakdowns per year consistently over the past 11 years. I would not recommend any York products after both our experiences. I will never own a York product again
Date created: 2016-08-25 Name: Richard Mellem
Location: Mesa, AZ

"Outstanding"
The company, George Brazil, came out and evaluated our old unit and replaced it with the new York. We are extremely satisfied with both the company and the product, and would gladly recommend the unit and the company installing it to anybody.
Date created: 2016-08-12 Name: D Curlin
Location: Brook Park, OH

"Wtf"
There was no real sales pitch for the product. I didn't get product information. When your 40-year-old system dies and it's 90 degrees in your living room you tend to get a bit desperate. I didn't have time to shop around. So the contractor, HJacks, has done reliable service in the past. I needed something affordable and quiet and asap. So the brand wasn't the issue. I had an air handler installed as well. And they replaced my breaker box at no extra cost. But one aspect of these surveys isn't addressed: I've had this one week. The electronic thermostat is not as easy to use as it should be. And the air handler hums and can be heard through the vents. My old unit didn't hum. Almost used to it now though.
Date created: 2016-06-30 Name: danny fowler
Location: Simpsonville, SC

"awful unit"
I got my unit in 2011. It went out in 2015. It was all under warranty. After several months of trying to get my unit fixed from M&A Supply where I bought the unit and after I called York & Johnson Control they finally sent a repairman. It went out again 2 days later. Now it's starting second summer and they still refuse to honor their warranty. My advice: do not buy a York.
Date created: 2016-06-28 Name: Mike Englert
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"York 3.5 Ton"
We decided to replace our 11-year-old York due to its age and to gain energy efficiency. The new unit is very quiet compared to the old unit and seems to cool our home quicker. Also it is made in the USA.
Date created: 2016-06-09 Name: Mark Ewell
Location: Arab, AL

"25 year experience with all brands. York, like others, if installed correctly will last."
I have been in the HVAC field for 25 years. I have installed and worked on all brands. All are pretty much the same and typically have the same name brand components. This is key so pay attention. No matter what name brand you have installed, if it's installed incorrectly it will break down. Also if you rarely have it serviced and if you don't change and clean your filters and system as directed, it will break down. Most all brands have an extended warranty. If you are to cheap to get this , don't be mad when it breaks down and you're not covered (anything mechanical is subject to fail, that's fact). So be smart and cover your butt. York has a 10 year parts and labor warranty. If anything breaks within that 10 year frame you don't even pay a service fee. That's great peace of mind. I must stress. I have been servicing and installing HVAC for 25 years and have seen failures in all brands, some are normal wear and tear issues but most were because of improper care or install. 1st Class Comfort heating and air.
Date created: 2016-05-20 Location: seattle, wa

"The York is the Best"
We've owned this heat pump since we moved into our house 3 years ago. It's simple and works and gives us no problems. I don't know much about heat pumps but our home heating and cooing and refrigeration systems work great. We haven't had to get it repaired for 3 years now. It is not loud and it's efficient. With this experience, I have no dislikes about this heat pump. I'd buy it again or recommend it to a friend, even though I've read some negative reviews online from other owners.