Consumer Reviews of York heat pumps

Read more about York heat pumps

Date created: 2015-12-13 Name: Daniel Ridlen
Location: Mississippi

"Performance"
The unit performs well. If the unit lasts a long time it will help me decide whether or not to purchase the same brand. I don't mind paying for an expensive unit as long as it lasts for a long time with minimal repairs!

Date created: 2015-12-11 Location: union nj

"the heat pump that keeps me and my family comfortable"
I had bought my home over 2 years ago and I had a lot of my family recommend to me this brand, York. I was skeptical about it because I was happy with my current one. So I bought my York heat pump in 2013 and I was amazed at the comfort I had and the power this machine has. I was totally shocked with it, it is also reliable to where I have only had to do a maintenance on it about a month ago. I normally do maintenance on all my machines every three months but this one is different. However the only thing I don't like about it is the size. I wish it was a little smaller and less noisy. Besides that I would recommend it to a friend like my family did to me. I am so happy that my family told me about this brand because regardless of the noise I love this machine for its comfort and the power it provides.

Date created: 2015-12-10 Name: Barb
Location: Moseley, VA

"One year review"
So far I have no issues; everything is working well. The only issue at this point is that it takes three 10x10 filters and you can't find them easily; they have to be ordered. That doesn't make sense to make equipment that needs filters that are hard to find.

Date created: 2015-09-30 Name: jerry

"Great heat pump"
Great unit, heats and cools very well.

Date created: 2015-09-15 Name: Rose-Marie V.
Location: Leicester, NC

"Great service! Great product!"
Very happy with the sales and installation process of this replacement heat pump. Our installer, Wayne Early HVAC, was professional and patient under extenuating circumstances! He stood by us and made sure the home warranty company honored their agreement to replace the old one that had been continuously breaking down over the last few years. They only wanted to "put a band-aid on it" rather than replace the unit, despite replacing the compressor every year for 3 years. He finally convinced them that it really just needed to be replaced. Then, they took forever to approve and to pay him, and yet he still stood by us and installed it as soon as he got their approval. He highly recommended the York unit that we had installed and are very pleased with this upgrade to what we had. I am looking forward to seeing a less expensive heating/cooling bill!

Date created: 2015-09-12 Name: Griff
Location: Newport News, VA

"Fifteen plus years lol"
Three year services of two hundred or less was not bad. Good luck, get random services. Twenty years, no parts.

Date created: 2015-08-20 Name: Daniel Crawford
Location: Seattle, WA

"Know issues"
I put in a duel fuel application and have been very satisfied with the system's performance and decibel levels. The only complaint would be the system started running loud after 4 months. I did some research and found I needed to add "A/C Renew" to my system due to lack of detergents in the compressor oil. It worked amazingly well. However, this was a known problem by York's factory and I was not informed of it at the time of purchase. I feel they should have stepped up and reimbursed home owners who had to pay for this known repair.

Date created: 2015-07-21 Name: John Green
Location: Dayton, OH

"Best decision for new HVAC system"
Had 2 previous Carrier systems in our home over the past 25 years and we had numerous service calls on each...very expensive repairs. We decided to look into other brands and selected York because they seemed to have some innovative designs which we could not find with other brands. We purchased a 2 stage Vs Furnace and a new 14.5 seer heat pump. Installation was very well done. The unit is extremely quiet, attractive and the humidity in our home has never been better. Our contractor delivered everything he promised and we couldn't be happier. Our utility bills have lowered significantly. We could not have made a better decision...very happy with our new York system.

Date created: 2015-06-12 Name: Bob Fritz
Location: East San Diego County, California

"Excellent service and equipment"
Our desert house had only a swamp cooler for cooling so we wanted to upgrade. We contacted two contractors - one associated with Home Depot, and Locke Air Conditioning from nearby El Centro. Locke offered a York unit for 25% less than the other contractor and were able to schedule installation at my convenience. The installation took only a day with a three man crew. It was done very professionally and attractively inside and outside of the house. We recommend both York equipment and Locke Air Conditioning for our hot desert conditions.

Date created: 2015-06-04 Name: Ed Fleming
Location: Seattle, WA

"New heat pump and air handler"
Old unit was replaced by the new unit in about 10 hours. The crew was hard working and cleaned up the job site before they left. I had a good working knowledge of the system. So far the new York system has been cost effective. I would recommend the system and contractor.