Consumer Reviews of York heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2018?

Read more about York heat pumps

Date created: 2017-01-21 Name: R Bat
Location: Tenafly, NJ

"Don't throw your money away with YORK heat pumps"
York system installed seven years ago. It is 50 degrees outside as I write this and the thermostat is set at 67 degrees. I cannot get the house warm enough for system to shut down and cycle off / on even with auxiliary heat kicking in. They pretty much know the problem already, these techs must repair a lot of fairly new units. I truly miss the Lennox unit I had. It lasted 19 years. Thank you Lennox engineers going back to 1990! My next one will be Lennox or a highly rated system.

Date created: 2016-09-05 Name: Gil LeBlanc
Location: New Brunswick

"Stay away"
My son and I both built new homes 11 years ago and we both purchased York 4 and 6 ton heat pumps. We both have had extensive problems with both units. My son changed his out after only 7 years and I am presently changing mine out after having 2 to 3 breakdowns per year consistently over the past 11 years. I would not recommend any York products after both our experiences. I will never own a York product again
Date created: 2016-08-25 Name: Richard Mellem
Location: Mesa, AZ

"Outstanding"
The company, George Brazil, came out and evaluated our old unit and replaced it with the new York. We are extremely satisfied with both the company and the product, and would gladly recommend the unit and the company installing it to anybody.
Date created: 2016-08-12 Name: D Curlin
Location: Brook Park, OH

"Wtf"
There was no real sales pitch for the product. I didn't get product information. When your 40-year-old system dies and it's 90 degrees in your living room you tend to get a bit desperate. I didn't have time to shop around. So the contractor, HJacks, has done reliable service in the past. I needed something affordable and quiet and asap. So the brand wasn't the issue. I had an air handler installed as well. And they replaced my breaker box at no extra cost. But one aspect of these surveys isn't addressed: I've had this one week. The electronic thermostat is not as easy to use as it should be. And the air handler hums and can be heard through the vents. My old unit didn't hum. Almost used to it now though.
Date created: 2016-06-30 Name: danny fowler
Location: Simpsonville, SC

"awful unit"
I got my unit in 2011. It went out in 2015. It was all under warranty. After several months of trying to get my unit fixed from M&A Supply where I bought the unit and after I called York & Johnson Control they finally sent a repairman. It went out again 2 days later. Now it's starting second summer and they still refuse to honor their warranty. My advice: do not buy a York.
Date created: 2016-06-28 Name: Mike Englert
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"York 3.5 Ton"
We decided to replace our 11-year-old York due to its age and to gain energy efficiency. The new unit is very quiet compared to the old unit and seems to cool our home quicker. Also it is made in the USA.
Date created: 2016-06-09 Name: Mark Ewell
Location: Arab, AL

"25 year experience with all brands. York, like others, if installed correctly will last."
I have been in the HVAC field for 25 years. I have installed and worked on all brands. All are pretty much the same and typically have the same name brand components. This is key so pay attention. No matter what name brand you have installed, if it's installed incorrectly it will break down. Also if you rarely have it serviced and if you don't change and clean your filters and system as directed, it will break down. Most all brands have an extended warranty. If you are to cheap to get this , don't be mad when it breaks down and you're not covered (anything mechanical is subject to fail, that's fact). So be smart and cover your butt. York has a 10 year parts and labor warranty. If anything breaks within that 10 year frame you don't even pay a service fee. That's great peace of mind. I must stress. I have been servicing and installing HVAC for 25 years and have seen failures in all brands, some are normal wear and tear issues but most were because of improper care or install. 1st Class Comfort heating and air.
Date created: 2016-05-20 Location: seattle, wa

"The York is the Best"
We've owned this heat pump since we moved into our house 3 years ago. It's simple and works and gives us no problems. I don't know much about heat pumps but our home heating and cooing and refrigeration systems work great. We haven't had to get it repaired for 3 years now. It is not loud and it's efficient. With this experience, I have no dislikes about this heat pump. I'd buy it again or recommend it to a friend, even though I've read some negative reviews online from other owners.
Date created: 2016-05-13 Name: J. Manning
Location: Laurel, MS

"New purchase of York 4 ton heat pump"
Our new unit was just installed today. It seems to be working better than our old one (even when that one was brand new). The air flow from vents is very strong. We are pleased with our purchase and our contractor - Harper's Heating and Air, Soso, Mississippi. They have done work for us in the past (repairs to old unit) and we have always been pleased with their work and friendly manner. I anticipate we will have many years of good service from this unit.
Date created: 2016-05-12 Name: Tonya Delfo
Location: Milton, FL

"Love York AC Unit"
Put a York in an old house over 15 years ago & had such good unit & service that we put one in our recent house. Reliability is great & when I did have problems on my first unit it was repaired ASAP. Looked & compared all the other competitors & this was the best choice & price. Wanted a Trane but know what can stop a Trane is the price so we got a unit that works better. My in-laws are on their 3rd Trane unit in 20 years. Our first house is still on its first in 15 years. They are always having to have someone come work on theirs. We had the mother board changed & nothing else in 15 years so when we bought our recent house we went with what was already proven & just got a York again. It's been over a year & still very happy & it is hot in Florida most of the year!