Consumer Reviews of York heat pumps

Read more about York heat pumps

Date created: 2016-05-11 Name: Janet Judd
Location: Sun City, AZ

"Laudatory"
My seasonal home is in Arizona. The previous unit was a Trane and never gave me any trouble but it was 13 years old and my contractor said it was on life support, if I got a new one the warranty was 10 years -- more than my personal warranty so rather than have the Trane go out at an inconvenient moment I followed his advice and got a new one. Took what he suggested and was happy it is brown like the house it sits on top of. It is very quiet and my neighbors are thrilled, They can now have a conversation while on their patio.

Date created: 2016-04-20 Name: Donna Clodfelter
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"York residential air conditioner/heat pump"
My York was installed in March of 2016, in Phoenix, Arizona, so I have only had it for two months. So far, the system is excellent. It is much quieter than my older unit, a Goettl. I am very satisfied with both the heating and the cooling functions. After reading many reviews, I learned it was extremely important to select your installer, almost more important than the selection of the brand unit itself. I feel I paid a very fair price.

Date created: 2016-02-14 Name: Ben Lutz
Location: Valdese, NC

"Piece of crap"
Had my unit installed about 9 years ago. Core in the air handler went bad. Capacitors, outdoor fan; you name it, it happened. Board went bad in the outside unit. I have put more into Freon leaks, parts and labor than the original install price. Need I say more? I am relying on emergency heat in wintertime. Did I mention wrong wiring setup in outdoor unit? Every time it went to defrost only cold air would come out like a summer air conditioner. After several trips the tech finally found the problem was a capacitor wired wrong.

Date created: 2015-12-13 Name: Daniel Ridlen
Location: Mississippi

"Performance"
The unit performs well. If the unit lasts a long time it will help me decide whether or not to purchase the same brand. I don't mind paying for an expensive unit as long as it lasts for a long time with minimal repairs!

Date created: 2015-12-11 Location: union nj

"the heat pump that keeps me and my family comfortable"
I had bought my home over 2 years ago and I had a lot of my family recommend to me this brand, York. I was skeptical about it because I was happy with my current one. So I bought my York heat pump in 2013 and I was amazed at the comfort I had and the power this machine has. I was totally shocked with it, it is also reliable to where I have only had to do a maintenance on it about a month ago. I normally do maintenance on all my machines every three months but this one is different. However the only thing I don't like about it is the size. I wish it was a little smaller and less noisy. Besides that I would recommend it to a friend like my family did to me. I am so happy that my family told me about this brand because regardless of the noise I love this machine for its comfort and the power it provides.

Date created: 2015-12-10 Name: Barb
Location: Moseley, VA

"One year review"
So far I have no issues; everything is working well. The only issue at this point is that it takes three 10x10 filters and you can't find them easily; they have to be ordered. That doesn't make sense to make equipment that needs filters that are hard to find.

Date created: 2015-09-30 Name: jerry

"Great heat pump"
Great unit, heats and cools very well.

Date created: 2015-09-15 Name: Rose-Marie V.
Location: Leicester, NC

"Great service! Great product!"
Very happy with the sales and installation process of this replacement heat pump. Our installer, Wayne Early HVAC, was professional and patient under extenuating circumstances! He stood by us and made sure the home warranty company honored their agreement to replace the old one that had been continuously breaking down over the last few years. They only wanted to "put a band-aid on it" rather than replace the unit, despite replacing the compressor every year for 3 years. He finally convinced them that it really just needed to be replaced. Then, they took forever to approve and to pay him, and yet he still stood by us and installed it as soon as he got their approval. He highly recommended the York unit that we had installed and are very pleased with this upgrade to what we had. I am looking forward to seeing a less expensive heating/cooling bill!

Date created: 2015-09-12 Name: Griff
Location: Newport News, VA

"Fifteen plus years lol"
Three year services of two hundred or less was not bad. Good luck, get random services. Twenty years, no parts.

Date created: 2015-08-20 Name: Daniel Crawford
Location: Seattle, WA

"Know issues"
I put in a duel fuel application and have been very satisfied with the system's performance and decibel levels. The only complaint would be the system started running loud after 4 months. I did some research and found I needed to add "A/C Renew" to my system due to lack of detergents in the compressor oil. It worked amazingly well. However, this was a known problem by York's factory and I was not informed of it at the time of purchase. I feel they should have stepped up and reimbursed home owners who had to pay for this known repair.