Consumer Reviews of York heat pumps

Read more about York heat pumps

Date created: 2008-04-22 Name: S. Robertson
Location: Splendora, TX

I have had a string of problems with this unit. Within 1 yr the a coil and blower were replaced. They were under warranty but I still had to pay labor. Then within a year from that the a coil had to be replaced again. York had now redesigned the a coil with some kind of coating. Then another blower went out around 2-1/2 yrs. I had a capacitor go out, which I understand that's not York's fault, but now the a coil is leaking again. I don't believe I will buy another one - ever!

Date created: 2008-04-21 Name: Doug Thies
Location: Georgetown, TX

Our 4 ton York has been fairly dependable...no coolant leaks, original compressor still intact, etc. The inside blower motor and outside fan have both been replaced. The biggest pain has been the evaporator coil draining system; every year now I have to take off the front panel and clean out the rust in the drain pan with bleach. I've been told by service personnel that York used to build a good system (excellent compressor), but the newer systems are not as reliable.

Date created: 2007-06-10 Name: W. Jones
Location: virginia

This is a piece of junk. I have been in my home for 6 yrs now. First the unit started leaking freon out of the rusted out inner coil. I had an electric bill of $680 this winter. Thats how I found out I had a problem. Because this is a 10 seer, the coil is no longer made. Then the compressor shorted out. Now I have to have the inside and outside units replaced. I will never have YORK again.