Consumer Reviews of York heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2018?

Read more about York heat pumps

Date created: 2018-06-28 Name: Glyn King
Location: Mississippi

"York is dork"
Do not buy a York. Nothing but trouble, every winter and summer. I'll never buy a York again, and I'm going back to regular ac and heating.

Date created: 2018-02-28 Name: Robert
Location: Florida

"York system"
These units are very nice, quiet, efficient and made in America.
Date created: 2018-02-27 Name: [email protected]
Location: North Carolina

"Boone Heating is the best"
Jerry and Boone Heating have made the process of replacing a 6 year old piece of junk that was installed by the original HVAC guy into a far better system
Date created: 2018-02-20 Name: William Gerry
Location: Covington, GA

"YORK System"
The reason we selected York was that our old system (york) had lasted 16 years with no major problems and was found to be very reliable and more advanced now.
Date created: 2018-01-30 Name: Owen Roberts
Location: Wilmington, NC

"Real junk product"
So sorry we bought this product . 4 times had to have service, cost a lot of money each time.
Date created: 2017-12-30 Name: Lu Gaines
Location: King William, VA

"Will See"
Have purchased a newly built house less than two years ago and had installed a york system Heat pump. Has not been working correctly, it's cold here and needs servicing. As this is the first time reading this post its a bit concerning. Once we have it serviced (as it should be under contract ) and running correctly will then revisit this posting and give more current update as to the finding and the end results. If not a happy camper will give it a full blast here, yelp and all the Social medias I belong to. If a happy camper will give it a blast of accolades as well. Hoping for the best!!
Date created: 2017-09-08 Name: D. Shields
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"York sucks"
Compressor failed after 1 year and 9 months. Although the parts were covered under the 10 year warranty it cost me $600 in labor to get it fixed. I won’t buy another York.
Date created: 2017-06-27 Name: C TUCKER
Location: Roy, WA

"Don't buy a York. Our heat pump has broken down twice in less than a year."
We had a heat pump/York installed in October 2016. January 2017 was the first break down. Second break down was in June 2017. There is no reason for a system costing this much to break down at all let alone twice in less than a year. I will request a replacement. Obvious a lemon. Winter breakdown we had to do w/out heat for two days. Second time we had to suffer in extreme heat for two days. That's it. Either they replace it or I get an attorney.
Date created: 2017-06-07 Name: Dan Carter
Location: Church Hill, TN

"Not a good unit"
We purchased this unit for our church at a cost of $9730 in September 2015 and have had continuous problems and the dealer can't fix the unit. The thermostat calls for cooling but the outside unit doesn't come on. They have replaced the relay and a circuit board but it still doesn't work right. The service man calls the factory every time he comes out for guidance but still no results. I have requested the service manager replace the unit if they can't fix it.
Date created: 2017-02-04 Name: SHERRY B
Location: O'Fallon, IL

"TERRIBLE"
I was sold a hunk of junk overpriced York hvac. In less than 3 years the compressor, thermostat and distributing board needed to be replaced. The hvac cost $9000.00. I have requested more house calls on this new HVAC than my 30 year old non-HVAC system. The York HVAC model I have is discontinued. There are no replacement parts available for my particular model. My electric bill has gone up $50 monthly since I bought the system 3 years ago. I have clearly been exploited.