Consumer Reviews of York heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2017?

Read more about York heat pumps

Date created: 2017-09-08 Name: D. Shields
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"York sucks"
Compressor failed after 1 year and 9 months. Although the parts were covered under the 10 year warranty it cost me $600 in labor to get it fixed. I won’t buy another York.

Date created: 2017-06-27 Name: C TUCKER
Location: Roy, WA

"Don't buy a York. Our heat pump has broken down twice in less than a year."
We had a heat pump/York installed in October 2016. January 2017 was the first break down. Second break down was in June 2017. There is no reason for a system costing this much to break down at all let alone twice in less than a year. I will request a replacement. Obvious a lemon. Winter breakdown we had to do w/out heat for two days. Second time we had to suffer in extreme heat for two days. That's it. Either they replace it or I get an attorney.

Date created: 2017-06-07 Name: Dan Carter
Location: Church Hill, TN

"Not a good unit"
We purchased this unit for our church at a cost of $9730 in September 2015 and have had continuous problems and the dealer can't fix the unit. The thermostat calls for cooling but the outside unit doesn't come on. They have replaced the relay and a circuit board but it still doesn't work right. The service man calls the factory every time he comes out for guidance but still no results. I have requested the service manager replace the unit if they can't fix it.

Date created: 2017-02-04 Name: SHERRY B
Location: O'Fallon, IL

"TERRIBLE"
I was sold a hunk of junk overpriced York hvac. In less than 3 years the compressor, thermostat and distributing board needed to be replaced. The hvac cost $9000.00. I have requested more house calls on this new HVAC than my 30 year old non-HVAC system. The York HVAC model I have is discontinued. There are no replacement parts available for my particular model. My electric bill has gone up $50 monthly since I bought the system 3 years ago. I have clearly been exploited.

Date created: 2017-01-21 Name: R Bat
Location: Tenafly, NJ

"Don't throw your money away with YORK heat pumps"
York system installed seven years ago. It is 50 degrees outside as I write this and the thermostat is set at 67 degrees. I cannot get the house warm enough for system to shut down and cycle off / on even with auxiliary heat kicking in. They pretty much know the problem already, these techs must repair a lot of fairly new units. I truly miss the Lennox unit I had. It lasted 19 years. Thank you Lennox engineers going back to 1990! My next one will be Lennox or a highly rated system.

Date created: 2016-09-05 Name: Gil LeBlanc
Location: New Brunswick

"Stay away"
My son and I both built new homes 11 years ago and we both purchased York 4 and 6 ton heat pumps. We both have had extensive problems with both units. My son changed his out after only 7 years and I am presently changing mine out after having 2 to 3 breakdowns per year consistently over the past 11 years. I would not recommend any York products after both our experiences. I will never own a York product again

Date created: 2016-08-25 Name: Richard Mellem
Location: Mesa, AZ

"Outstanding"
The company, George Brazil, came out and evaluated our old unit and replaced it with the new York. We are extremely satisfied with both the company and the product, and would gladly recommend the unit and the company installing it to anybody.

Date created: 2016-08-12 Name: D Curlin
Location: Brook Park, OH

"Wtf"
There was no real sales pitch for the product. I didn't get product information. When your 40-year-old system dies and it's 90 degrees in your living room you tend to get a bit desperate. I didn't have time to shop around. So the contractor, HJacks, has done reliable service in the past. I needed something affordable and quiet and asap. So the brand wasn't the issue. I had an air handler installed as well. And they replaced my breaker box at no extra cost. But one aspect of these surveys isn't addressed: I've had this one week. The electronic thermostat is not as easy to use as it should be. And the air handler hums and can be heard through the vents. My old unit didn't hum. Almost used to it now though.

Date created: 2016-06-30 Name: danny fowler
Location: Simpsonville, SC

"awful unit"
I got my unit in 2011. It went out in 2015. It was all under warranty. After several months of trying to get my unit fixed from M&A Supply where I bought the unit and after I called York & Johnson Control they finally sent a repairman. It went out again 2 days later. Now it's starting second summer and they still refuse to honor their warranty. My advice: do not buy a York.

Date created: 2016-06-28 Name: Mike Englert
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"York 3.5 Ton"
We decided to replace our 11-year-old York due to its age and to gain energy efficiency. The new unit is very quiet compared to the old unit and seems to cool our home quicker. Also it is made in the USA.