Consumer Reviews of York heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2018?

Read more about York heat pumps

Date created: 2018-08-02 Name: Kelly smith
Location: St. George, UT

"Lots of repair"
After 9 years the Compressor went out. It was covered under the 10 year warranty, but labor and Freon (r22) was $1,200. After that, the condenser fan motor went out. That was about $225. After that, the blower motor ecm went out. That was about $600. After that, the unit was blowing hot air, so I called a technician. Freon was low, charged me $300. After that, (about two months later) blowing hot air again. Called the technician to find leak and fix. Charged me $175 to find leak. Leak was in coil. Technician said I needed a new coil. Gave me a price of $1,700. From the compressor to the coil, this has happened to me in the last two years of 11 years of ownership. The heat-pump worked fine while it was working, but Iíve only owned the 5 ton heat-pump a little over 11 years and these are the problems that Iíve had. I am not satisfied with the unit. I will not buy another York.

Date created: 2018-07-05 Name: Stephen Dunafin
Location: Galien, MI

"Very poor customer satisfaction- warranty"
Had the latest heat-pump, York yhm, 2 ton unit installed. It lasted 4 weeks and the compressor locked up. Also, it burned the power supply connector and wire at the compressor! The supplier, MidCity Supply, out of South Bend, Indiana and York, will only replace the compressor, not taking any consideration of the stress that was put on the electrical system upstream of the compressor! It is clear that York and MidCity Supply are only concerned with their profit margins. Also, it has taken them over 2 weeks to do anything about it, in the midst of a long heat wave. We had to pay out of pocket for a window air unit, while they took their time to decide what was going to be done.
Date created: 2018-06-28 Name: Glyn King
Location: Mississippi

"York is dork"
Do not buy a York. Nothing but trouble, every winter and summer. I'll never buy a York again, and I'm going back to regular ac and heating.
Date created: 2018-02-28 Name: Robert
Location: Florida

"York system"
These units are very nice, quiet, efficient and made in America.
Date created: 2018-02-27 Name: [email protected]
Location: North Carolina

"Boone Heating is the best"
Jerry and Boone Heating have made the process of replacing a 6 year old piece of junk that was installed by the original HVAC guy into a far better system
Date created: 2018-02-20 Name: William Gerry
Location: Covington, GA

"YORK System"
The reason we selected York was that our old system (york) had lasted 16 years with no major problems and was found to be very reliable and more advanced now.
Date created: 2018-01-30 Name: Owen Roberts
Location: Wilmington, NC

"Real junk product"
So sorry we bought this product . 4 times had to have service, cost a lot of money each time.
Date created: 2017-12-30 Name: Lu Gaines
Location: King William, VA

"Will See"
Have purchased a newly built house less than two years ago and had installed a york system Heat pump. Has not been working correctly, it's cold here and needs servicing. As this is the first time reading this post its a bit concerning. Once we have it serviced (as it should be under contract ) and running correctly will then revisit this posting and give more current update as to the finding and the end results. If not a happy camper will give it a full blast here, yelp and all the Social medias I belong to. If a happy camper will give it a blast of accolades as well. Hoping for the best!!
Date created: 2017-09-08 Name: D. Shields
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"York sucks"
Compressor failed after 1 year and 9 months. Although the parts were covered under the 10 year warranty it cost me $600 in labor to get it fixed. I wonít buy another York.
Date created: 2017-06-27 Name: C TUCKER
Location: Roy, WA

"Don't buy a York. Our heat pump has broken down twice in less than a year."
We had a heat pump/York installed in October 2016. January 2017 was the first break down. Second break down was in June 2017. There is no reason for a system costing this much to break down at all let alone twice in less than a year. I will request a replacement. Obvious a lemon. Winter breakdown we had to do w/out heat for two days. Second time we had to suffer in extreme heat for two days. That's it. Either they replace it or I get an attorney.