Consumer Reviews of York heat pumps

Read more about York heat pumps

Date created: 2016-09-05 Name: Gil LeBlanc
Location: New Brunswick

"Stay away"
My son and I both built new homes 11 years ago and we both purchased York 4 and 6 ton heat pumps. We both have had extensive problems with both units. My son changed his out after only 7 years and I am presently changing mine out after having 2 to 3 breakdowns per year consistently over the past 11 years. I would not recommend any York products after both our experiences. I will never own a York product again

Date created: 2016-08-25 Name: Richard Mellem
Location: Mesa, AZ

"Outstanding"
The company, George Brazil, came out and evaluated our old unit and replaced it with the new York. We are extremely satisfied with both the company and the product, and would gladly recommend the unit and the company installing it to anybody.

Date created: 2016-08-12 Name: D Curlin
Location: Brook Park, OH

"Wtf"
There was no real sales pitch for the product. I didn't get product information. When your 40-year-old system dies and it's 90 degrees in your living room you tend to get a bit desperate. I didn't have time to shop around. So the contractor, HJacks, has done reliable service in the past. I needed something affordable and quiet and asap. So the brand wasn't the issue. I had an air handler installed as well. And they replaced my breaker box at no extra cost. But one aspect of these surveys isn't addressed: I've had this one week. The electronic thermostat is not as easy to use as it should be. And the air handler hums and can be heard through the vents. My old unit didn't hum. Almost used to it now though.

Date created: 2016-06-30 Name: danny fowler
Location: Simpsonville, SC

"awful unit"
I got my unit in 2011. It went out in 2015. It was all under warranty. After several months of trying to get my unit fixed from M&A Supply where I bought the unit and after I called York & Johnson Control they finally sent a repairman. It went out again 2 days later. Now it's starting second summer and they still refuse to honor their warranty. My advice: do not buy a York.

Date created: 2016-06-28 Name: Mike Englert
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"York 3.5 Ton"
We decided to replace our 11-year-old York due to its age and to gain energy efficiency. The new unit is very quiet compared to the old unit and seems to cool our home quicker. Also it is made in the USA.

Date created: 2016-06-09 Name: Mark Ewell
Location: Arab, AL

"25 year experience with all brands. York, like others, if installed correctly will last."
I have been in the HVAC field for 25 years. I have installed and worked on all brands. All are pretty much the same and typically have the same name brand components. This is key so pay attention. No matter what name brand you have installed, if it's installed incorrectly it will break down. Also if you rarely have it serviced and if you don't change and clean your filters and system as directed, it will break down. Most all brands have an extended warranty. If you are to cheap to get this , don't be mad when it breaks down and you're not covered (anything mechanical is subject to fail, that's fact). So be smart and cover your butt. York has a 10 year parts and labor warranty. If anything breaks within that 10 year frame you don't even pay a service fee. That's great peace of mind. I must stress. I have been servicing and installing HVAC for 25 years and have seen failures in all brands, some are normal wear and tear issues but most were because of improper care or install. 1st Class Comfort heating and air.

Date created: 2016-05-20 Location: seattle, wa

"The York is the Best"
We've owned this heat pump since we moved into our house 3 years ago. It's simple and works and gives us no problems. I don't know much about heat pumps but our home heating and cooing and refrigeration systems work great. We haven't had to get it repaired for 3 years now. It is not loud and it's efficient. With this experience, I have no dislikes about this heat pump. I'd buy it again or recommend it to a friend, even though I've read some negative reviews online from other owners.

Date created: 2016-05-13 Name: J. Manning
Location: Laurel, MS

"New purchase of York 4 ton heat pump"
Our new unit was just installed today. It seems to be working better than our old one (even when that one was brand new). The air flow from vents is very strong. We are pleased with our purchase and our contractor - Harper's Heating and Air, Soso, Mississippi. They have done work for us in the past (repairs to old unit) and we have always been pleased with their work and friendly manner. I anticipate we will have many years of good service from this unit.

Date created: 2016-05-12 Name: Tonya Delfo
Location: Milton, FL

"Love York AC Unit"
Put a York in an old house over 15 years ago & had such good unit & service that we put one in our recent house. Reliability is great & when I did have problems on my first unit it was repaired ASAP. Looked & compared all the other competitors & this was the best choice & price. Wanted a Trane but know what can stop a Trane is the price so we got a unit that works better. My in-laws are on their 3rd Trane unit in 20 years. Our first house is still on its first in 15 years. They are always having to have someone come work on theirs. We had the mother board changed & nothing else in 15 years so when we bought our recent house we went with what was already proven & just got a York again. It's been over a year & still very happy & it is hot in Florida most of the year!

Date created: 2016-05-11 Name: V. Hamilton
Location: Tallahassee, FL

"Time will tell"
Couldn't find the series or model listed on this sites drop down, which now has me a bit concerned. Initially my research revealed that 90% of any heat pump or A/C installation was all about the contractor and not the brand of the unit. I felt pretty confident on the installers experience and integrity, though I was somewhat leery of this brand he recommended. Found many folks very pleased with the York brand up north, sadly they didn't seem too happy down here in Florida. But with a full 1 year parts and labor warranty and a 10 year compressor and parts warranty, plus an upgrade to a much more efficient unit, I went forward. Installation seemed to go smoothly, but due to a mild spring, it did not get a lot of use immediately. Sadly within 30 days of installation, water comes pouring into my hallway from the uptake air return. Contractor was fast to respond the very next morning, turns out the main problem was failure on his part to "clear the drain line", which had become clogged. Really? This would not be part of your standard procedure when installing an all new interior and exterior replacement system? Apparently not. This clogged line led to the catch pan filling up and then draining. But it turns out the drain line from the pan was routed into my hallway! Yes, you read that correctly, but that was not the contractors fault, it had been done when the house was built or when the last system was installed 20 years ago. Who knows how this was even allowed by inspectors, but then there was an inspector for this contractor who never found anything wrong. I guess I just get a little put off by folks when you spend thousands of dollars and don't expect to have any problems for the first two years and this kind of thing happens in the first 30 days. Buyer beware, even the most respectable contractor doesn't always do all that he should. If I had not been home when the "waterfall" incident occurred, my flooring would have been ruined, costing thousands more in repair. The old system never had one instance of a problem like this, just saying.