Consumer Reviews of WEATHERKING heat pumps

Read more about WEATHERKING heat pumps

Date created: 2008-12-05 Name: P.hofelich
Location: Columbus, Indiana

"Freazing in Indiana"
I built my house new in 95' and contractor installed Weatherking at his discretion. After reading testimonials, I'm sure cost was the main factor. This unit has worked okay from an air conditioning standpoint, but we freaze when temps get below 30 degrees and my electric bill skyrockets, usually triple during the winter months.Burnt several capicitators over the years, lucky my buddy does HVAC for free. This unit is poor at best.

Date created: 2008-11-21 Name: ABOWERS
Location: Birmingham, AL

"WEATHERKING HEAT PUMP"
We moved into a new home approx. 1 1/2 years ago. it has a Weatherking heat pump. Before a year had passed, the air was not cooling, the installers showed me where a wire had burned into and lost all freon, had to be repaired. Now that cold weather is here, when temperatures get around 38ļ it does not heat, only blowing cold air. Is this a common problem?

Date created: 2008-10-29 Name: SM Bush
Location: Columbia, SC

"Weather King is a piece of crap"
I have been in this house for almost two years. The house is three years old. This unit is a piece of crap. It is blowing out cold air and it is 37 degrees where I live right now. When the heat pump does come on, it is so loud it startles me everytime. And it runs so loud, it can be heard two streets over. I have had almost every piece of it replaced. Luckily my very good friend has an heating or cooling business or I would be in serious trouble. I told him don't fix anything else. Just get me a new unit. Also there are no Weather King dealers in SC so I don't even know how to contact them.

Date created: 2008-09-11 Name: L mercado
Location: Louisville, KY

"Weather king Heat Pump- JUNK"
I built a house in January 2004, I have had nothing but problems with the 2 heat pumps that were installed by the builder. They always need freon and always leak and make loud noises- tech came out yesterday and says I need a whole new downstairs unit! Well the 2 I have are only 4 years old! Who would have thought the WeatherKing heat pumps were such junk. Has anyone sued WeatherKing?? I have to spent between 4 and 8k for a new unit now in a 4 year old home!!

Date created: 2008-08-04 Name: Jared Dean
Location: Athens, OH

"Weather King more like Weather Lame"
Installed Weather King in my home 3 years ago. I am a HVAC contractor and did a heat load calculation and proper duct sizing. The first unit I installed out of the box had a restriction in the refrigerant lines somewhere near the txv. My local supplier was kind enough to give me a brand new unit which has worked fine for the past 3 years. Just this week one of the terminals on the compressor completely blew off the side of the compressor so I lost all of my refrigerant and have to replace the compressor. I installed the new compressor and filter drier and pumped down for at least 2 hours. Added refrigerant and tried to turn on unit and the new compressor is pulling 47 amps and only will run for 10 seconds or so. lra is 57. Looks like I have to put in another compressor. I have never been happy with this unit but it was so cheap and a local supplier had just started carrying them so I thought I would give them a shot. I will never install this crap in one of my customers homes. It is loud and tight to work in.

Date created: 2008-07-22 Name: Michael Fisher
Location: Saint Joseph, MO

"Weather king heat pump class action"
Installed two Weatherking heat pumps for a customer in late summer of 2007. One unit is still working fine the second unit had the equalizer tube break, leaking coolant. Then lost the capacitor, then the txv. (I've supplied all my labor and materials for free to the home owner so far over $300.oo in material and about 5 days of labor). Talked to the supplier in town for this unit (they stopped supplying Weatherking by the way) and he said they had about 14 units that have had the same problem in less than a year. My question, has anyone started a class action against Weatherking. If so then myself and the contractor I installed for are interested joining or starting one.... Please email me [email protected]

Date created: 2008-07-13 Name: Ann Hill
Location: Lebanon, KY

"Sitting in the heat"
Had unit put in new in 2006, every season theirs a new problem. Heat pump motor went bad in winter had to pay for it because the installer told me there was no warranty. Thanks to this site I now know there is!!!! Now today we sit in the heat and the electrical wiring to the unit has melted, the repairman says we are lucky our house has not burnt down. Very dissatisfied with this product and am going to contact installer and seek reimbursement for previous bill and for the current problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date created: 2008-06-11 Name: S. Cross
Location: Columbus, Ohio

"Heat Pump"
I have owned my home going on five years in September 2008. My unit was purchased brand new by the previous owner in 2003. I had a technician come out to inspect my heat pump because of loud noises and it was blowing out warm air. The technician said that I had a filter and refrigerant leak and that the entire unit needs to be replaced. Iíve tried to call Weatherking but the number I have rings one time and then a busy signal is heard. I donít know what to do - I donít have the income to replace the unit and the warranty expired last month May 08. Could someone please help!

Date created: 2008-06-09 Name: Becky
Location: VA

"CRAP!"
We are going on 3 years in our brand new home. We have 3 Weatherking units. We are having the same issues as everyone below. Hot air, leaking freon, etc... One unit has been completely replaced once and is not working again. The other unit never works correctly. My kids are sleeping on the coach because it's 90 degrees upstairs. I am having difficulty getting the regional guy to call me back.... Has anyone on here sued them??

Date created: 2008-06-02 Name: M Burrell
Location: MO

"Weather King is Junk"
Junk. Purchased a new house in May '05 with a WeatherKing heat pump. Unit has needed new parts every summer since. Compressors, capacitors, etc... the list goes on. I personally know of 16 homes in three blocks that have replaced compressors in the last three years. And of course, the labor is out of your pocket. Stay away from Weather King.