Consumer Reviews of WEATHERKING heat pumps

Read more about WEATHERKING heat pumps

Date created: 2013-04-26 Name: Felipe Balli
Location: Elsa, Tx.

"Duct work"
I would just want to say a few things, first: have a heat load done to your home before purchasing, second: take a look at your duct work, most of the time bad duct work and the type of system you have installed may cause poor cooling and heating to your system.

Date created: 2012-03-28 Name: Anita
Location: Danville, Ky

"Very unsatisfied"
We have a weather king unit that has caused us nothing but trouble. Not only has it raised our electric bill double, we've had it serviced approx 6 times. It has never worked right since we got it. The main problem with it is that it sticks in defrost mode. It will not heat above 68 in the winter and wont cool below 78 in the summer. We would never buy this brand again.

Date created: 2011-12-12 Name: ACBuhler
Location: Bardstown, KY

"Weather JUNK"
Weather Junk is right!! Where do we sign up for a recall or class action to be implemented!! I bought my home in a sub-division when it was only 1 year old. I maintained and serviced my very noisy unit as instructed by "professional" installer. Everyone of my neighbors have had the exact same troubles as I have....this goes, then that goes then this goes...blah blah blah! We all feel like Johnny Cash siging "One piece at a time!!" New Unit (not a Weatherking)is coming Thursday...just in time for Christmas! Great! Shame on you WeatherKing...you ain't no King in my book!!! Maybe you should be a King's tester and eat some of your own poison!!

Date created: 2011-07-01 Name: crispin
Location: south carolina

"Weather king JUNK"
I have a weather king junker i have had this unit a little over 3 years now and had nothing but prolems from the the first day i had this unit . I am now working on my 4th compress iv change my filters regulary like i suppose to and it always some thing . my ac repair man installed a new compresser last week and today it started messing up this is the bigest peace of JUNK i have ever owned but its all comeing to a end i am replaceing this unit with something better . i will never make the mistake of owning a nother one of these

Date created: 2011-06-03 Name: Texas Tom
Location: North Texas

"Works - loudly"
Until 20 years ago or so Weather King was an independent HVAC brand. Now they are Rheem's low end brand. Our 2 1/2 year old unit works somewhat well and heats and cools quickly enough. Cons: The outside unit is loud in a low rumbling/humming sort of way. The worst part is the annual start/run capacitor sacrifice. As I mentioned, it's 2 1/2 years old and on its 3rd one. I now just keep a couple extra in the garage for the inevitable time the wife tells me the A/C isn't working anymore.

Date created: 2011-05-14 Name: m mrotek
Location: ozark, mo

"What a piece of mexican crap"
This unit is junk. It has leaked freon out five times in two years. Installer had two leaks in the first two months inside the cabinet. The defrost valve went out last spring. Now after losing confidence in the installer had another look at it and it was two pounds low on freon. Said the leak was in the lines inside interior wall. In two years it has cost over 1200 dollars in electric above what the electric company said it should have cost. Been better off buying another unit. Installer blames rheem and rheem blames installer. Hope the bbb and attorney general can make them fix it or replace it.

Date created: 2011-03-29 Name: Nick
Location: Johnson City, TN

We had problems from the beginning with the txv valve. Went to second, more experienced company and eventually, the compressor and reversing valve also had to be replaced. The new compressor runs quiet but is very loud when coming on. checked everything and said it's fine. Warranty does NOT cover labor so we would have saved money to go with another brand. We're just waiting for when it starts acting up again and assume we'll have to replace the whole unit in 10 years. Lesson learned... NEVER take what the installer says without doing full research yourself.

Date created: 2010-12-16 Name: Jay Ignomino
Location: Washington DC

"Terrible system"
The system uses a gas no longer compliant with EPA regulations, and it seems that Weatherking has ceased to produce it altogether, including replacement parts. My repair contrctor keeps getting strung along by Weatherking's promises of the parts coming back into production, but so far nothing. It's been 4 months. Merely 6 years after installation, a repair request might turn out to be a total replacement. I do hope a class action suit is filed, because this is a swindling deal.

Date created: 2010-12-10 Name: D. Bartholow
Location: Mechanicsville, MD

"Almost 20 yrs and going strong!"
Dont know why everyone is so upset. I dont know if the unit has changed owners or if mine was just installed correctly but we've have ours for almost 20 years. No heat pump really keeps your house warm in the winter so we use a wood stove for the most part and keep the thermostat set at 63 in the winter months, 80 in the summer. We keep it that way because I hate to give even a DIME to the electric company. so far though, we have no complaints. They just dont make things like the USED To!

Date created: 2010-11-17 Name: george young
Location: kentucky

"Out of work"
Jon moon!!!!!weather king !!!!!!looks like you all need some work.thats why you all are standing up for these junks.ive been building wreck cars for 20 years.i know junk when i see it.look at all the reviews. you all are the only ones with good reviews because you all install these junks.i cut cars in half weld clips have no complaints.delt with computers and learned alot!!!!come on tell the truth!!!!!!!!!!!