Consumer Reviews of Trane heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2018?

Read more about Trane heat pumps

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2011-08-11 Name: Richard
Location: va

"Will not sell any more of this junk"
I am a local contractor in Virginia and have been installing this equipment since the mid 90's and have now completely had it with trane. Their product has turned to complete junk. I have 8 coils setting in my shop right now that are warranty replacements, 3 of which have to be sent back because of leaks right out of the box and 2 that were so damaged during packaging that I am afraid to even install them. 5 out of 8 coils that I have received for warranty replacements are no good to me and I have customers that are ready to take their business elsewhere, thank you trane! As usual trane wants to put off the blame on me and my company instead of admitting that they are at fault. I can no longer continue to sell anyone this product knowing what I know and I hope that this review is seen by potential buyers before they waste money installing one of these prone to fail systems. Trane has not been a good product for quite some time now and it is now time for my company to let them go before warranty work and in happy customers put me out of business. Potential buyers should stay clear of Trane, there are far better lines of equipment that are also cheaper to purchase that do not have the failure rate that trane has and they care about their distributors and the overall customer.

Date created: 2011-07-25 Name: richard marsh
Location: Hollywood Fl.

"TRANE IS JUNK!!!!"
We have had our Trane XR12 for 6 years. After the first 3 years every year there is a problem. Now the outside motor froze after 7 years ... junk junk junk!!!!
Date created: 2011-07-23 Name: Gary Byrd
Location: Richmond, VA

"Does not cool"
Heat pump will not cool very well with temperatures above 95. I have had this heat pump for 7 years and it will not cool in hot weather. We had problems the first day it was installed and it had to be serviced 3 times in the first week. As far as I am concerned Trane Heat pumps are junk.
Date created: 2011-07-01 Name: The Leonards
Location: Roanoke, VA

"Residential"
The 2 year old unit's txv valve had to be replaced and the repair was very expensive - $432. We were told this is the price Trane charges according to Trane's Book Pricing - Trane sets the price for replacing this valve. This is the price whether it takes one hour or four hours. This price is too much for anyone to pay especially when it took less than an hour to complete the job. If I ever have to replace this unit, it will not be with a Trane!
Date created: 2011-06-20 Name: Peter Zgeb
Location: Montreal, Quebec

"On 3rd Compressor in under 6 years"
We purchased the Heat Pump new in July 2005. July 2008, it wouldn't cool, the compressor needed replacing. Now, June 2011, the compressor needs replacing again. Trane is unwilling to provide any compensation for the labour costs to replace the compressor (now about $1500)and has said that the problems we are having are "Normal". Stay away from Trane products, or, if you must purchase one, buy an extended warranty... You'll need it!
Date created: 2011-06-13 Name: Jessica
Location: Ijamsville, MD

"Don't do it!"
Our home has a 3-year old Trane heat pump to cool and heat the upstairs. We have to call for service every six months and it's always something expensive. The TXV or some-such twice, a few things in between, and now the motor! The downstairs heat pump is 20 years old and never a problem! Trane is horrible. We plan to dump this unit and purchase something better.
Date created: 2011-06-10 Name: Doesnt matter
Location: VA

"Biggest over rated junk on market"
First off let me start by saying that i work for an HVAC CO and i see these units everyday. I have installed 4 of Tranes heatpumps for family members in the past 10 years and every one of these units have failed numerous times. I see the warranty parts delivered to the company i work for on a daily basis and can assure whoever is reading this that buying a TRANE system WILL be a mistake. Trane has let the quality of the equipment they sell go down hill. Save your money and buy another brand. Dont always believe what you see on tv TRANE just plain SUCKS.
Date created: 2011-06-04 Name: rosalind marie
Location: alabama

"Trane 2 ton losers"
I have two of these units, plenty of trouble in the seven years I have owned them, (new home installed by builder). Now at 7 years, they both crap out. inner coil leak on one, have not had service call on other yet. I will cannibalize one of these losers, stick the junk leftover in my garage for parts and buy one other brand.
Date created: 2011-05-24 Name: Susan Hinson
Location: South Carolina

"Don't buy a Trane"
5 years ago we needed to replace our heat pump. We went with a Trane because we had believed it to be the best. We have to have it fixed every year since we had it installed. The second year we had it, the computer went out the hottest week of the year.Even though the warranty covered the $1000 bill, we had to suffer without air for 2 weeks. I live in South Carolina where the summers are very hot. I regret ever buying a Trane. I would never recommend it to my friends. Their slogan needs to be changed from "Its hard to stop a Trane" to "Its hard to stop a Trane from breaking"
Date created: 2011-05-14 Name: Bill D. Bailey
Location: Hot Springs Village, AR.

"Trane Problems"
I had a Trane 16i 5 ton heat pump installed in my home in AR. and so far have had to replace the plantom (sp)because of a gas leak and now have to replace the compressor. This unit is only about 3 years old. Have been told to replace the compressor is going to cost me $500.00 for labor. Have also been told the gas leak caused the bad compressor. I'm not sure if I would ever buy Trane again.
<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>