Consumer Reviews of TRANE heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about TRANE heat pumps

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2011-02-22 Name: Estella Rush
Location: Portales, New Mexico

"Don't waste your money"
We have a small 1350 sq foot house in eastern New Mexico. 2 bedrooms at the opposite end from the heat-pump weren't getting heat nor air-conditioning, so when we had to replace our old Trane units we were told to get a bigger unit (more expensive). It has made no difference, so we still have electric heaters and fans in these 2 rooms. The heat pump is completely inefficient when the weather drops below 40 degrees. It takes from 45 min. to 4+ hours to increase just 2 degrees on the thermostat. During the 2 weeks of extreme Feb.cold weather, the heater never reached thermostat temps and ran continuously for 2 weeks, and again, we are waiting for the Trane serviceman. We've had to move the portable heater into our living room. We've had this unit for 5 years and have to have the Trane serviceman out in winter after very cold weather has hit!

Date created: 2011-02-18 Name: James Housley
Location: Hector, AR

"Not Happy"
This is not a very good product. They don't stand behind their product.

Date created: 2011-02-18 Name: Brenda Gale Housley
Location: Hector, AR

"Very unsitified consumer"
Ever since we bought our trane, 2002) we have had nothing but trouble. The unit was replaced after 1 year. We have had to have maintance on it ever year. Now it is out again. We are replacing this trane with something else. We had our 1st heating unit for over 30 years. I would not advise anyone to purchase this product. We have spent as much in repairs as we did for the unit. They don't stand behind their product.

Date created: 2011-02-14 Name: Pearl Atkinson Stewart
Location: Columbia, MD

"TWJ130A100A0 E1726248A"
I purchased the Trane heat pump in 2008, model # TWJ130A100AO E1726248A from Ron Air in Dayton, MD. My electric bill for Dec and Jan skyrocketed and after checking my BGE equipment the company confirmed that I was using an usually high current over my past usage, more than 5,000 more units, over $645,( my normal bills are $125). Since My heat pump was new, but I would have it checked. Ron Air, who installed the unit found that there was a tiny hole in the heating coil that was there for the two years and leaked antifreeze. This caused the high energy bill. I am requesting a refund for the high electric bills from Trane. I am a senior on a fixed income and cannot afford $1,800 on electric bill that was caused by the manufacturer's neglect on selling a faulty coil.

Date created: 2011-02-09 Name: Al

"Waste of your money and time. Aweful product."
I had a 10 seer Trane that was twelve years old. It works fine into the teens without fail. Now i have same size Trane, but a 13 seer and had it for 6 month. It had to be fixed around thirteen times. My bills are higher now. The quality of the new trane Heatpumps are worthless. This new one i have wont keep blowing heat into the 30's. They are like other companies Tell you its a new and improved product. In reality its built with less money and cheaper product and they attach a higher seer number to it. Also called Trane Regional office and was equally dissapointed with them.

Date created: 2011-02-07 Name: HVAC CO OWNER
Location: Richmond Va

"DO NOT BUY"
I have been in the HVAC trade for 20+ years now and i have to say DO NOT BUY TRANE!!!!! They have let the quality of their equipment go down hill very badly in the past years with all the so called "cutting edge technology" I fell for the hype myself and purchased one for my personal house and also talked everyone i know into upgrading to Trane when they needed a new unit and now i constantly wish i had never done so. Their high efficientcy equipment is all but efficient and constantly breaks down. Take it from someone who on a daily basis has to deal with Tranes JUNK and do yourself a favor, buy something else and stay away from Trane, they are not what they used to be and i no longer sell their product and will let a job i bid on go if a customer asks for Trane.

Date created: 2011-02-04 Name: TERRY FLEMING
Location: TUCSON, AZ. 85710

"MR. FLEMING"
REPLACED MY 14+ YEAR OLD RHEEM WHICH HAD A REVERSING VAVLE GO BAD, NEVER BEEN SERVICED I PAID 2,500 CASH IN 1994 REPLACED IT WITH A XL 16 2 STAGE HEATPUMP SPENT $8016 HAD TO CALL OUT REPAIR GUYS IN DEC. 2009 UNIT WAS STUCK ON DEFROST, THEY HAD TO ORDER PARTS FOR DEFROST CONTROL BOARD ALONG WITH ALL THE SENSORS, I THINK IT TOOK LIKE 2 WEEKS FOR PARTS, NOT IN STOCK AFTER THEY REPLACE PARTS STILL HASN'T WORK LIKE IT DID WHENIT WAS NEW, AFTER 3 MONTHS OF CALLING THEM OUT, I FINALLY GAVE UP ON GETTING IT FIXED BECAUSE EACH TIME WE CALLED THEY SAID NOTHING WRONG WITH IT, WELL NOW ITS 16 MONTHS OLD AND DOING IT ALL OVER AGAIN AS IT DID LAST WINTER MY SUDGESTION IS, DON'T BUY ONE WITH A DEFROST CYCLE IF YOU LIVE IN TUCSON BECAUSE IT WILL CONSTANTLY START UP ON DEFROST ANYTIME OUTSIDE IS 50 DEGREE OR COLDER WHICH IN TURN MEANS IT BLOWS IN COLD AIR AT START UP THEN YOU HAVE TO REHEAT ALL THE COLD AIR IT JUST PUT IN ALONG WITH STINKY AIR AND I ALSO USED A COMFORT SPECIALIST DEALER I ALSO HAVE THE 10 YEAR PARTS & LABOR WARRENTLY THANKFULLY

Date created: 2011-02-03 Name: D. Ridolfi
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"Happy"
Replaced our 5 ton 10 year old unit(9 SEER) with a 16 SEER Trane. Our electic bill went down $60 per month.

Date created: 2011-02-02 Name: J Brenner
Location: Tallahassee, FL

"Three SETS of coils in 11 years!!!!"
I have owned my home for 11 years and we just put in the third set of coils for over 1800.00 dollars - according to our service provider the coils themselves are not the problem it is the frame that corrodes and then punctures the coils. VERY bad design and they charge you like crazy for a new one

Date created: 2011-01-30 Name: john
Location: southern kentucky

"Comfort zone"
We have used our heat pump with no problems at all. now, we are having a problem with the heat. a few days ago it started runnig 10 degrees warmer than the 17 year old weathertron thermostat is set at. i've been trying to find a solution online with no luck. but ive set thermostat at 60 and it's keeping the house at 70 just fine. if anyone has any advice, i could really use the help...

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>