Consumer Reviews of Trane heat pumps

Read more about Trane heat pumps

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2011-04-20 Name: C.Cape
Location: Bowie, MD

"People who are not happy shouldn't blame Trane"
Bottom line... My bill dropped $60-$80 a month. It has a 10 year parts and labor warranty. I got a huge tax break. My electric company cut me a check for "going green". and If you are having issues, I put the house on it that it is because of a bad install and not the unit itself. Get a tried and true pro to do the install and come off of the $60. a year for the service contract.

Date created: 2011-04-16 Name: Watson
Location: Beaufor County N,C.

"Hard to START a Trane"
I have a XL 15 for about 4 yrs now. First the fan motor went out but was covered under warranty. The the TXV stopped up and killed my compressor. Two years later leak. And yesterday the varable speed blower motor module went out. Too much money for so many problems. Believe it or not I miss my old nordyne

Date created: 2011-03-15 Name: J. Bitner
Location: Clearfield, PA

"Caveat Emptor"
Bad news from the word go. Bad install which had to have many aspects reworked on several service calls. Don't think the wiring would pass code if I had an inspector look at it. Installer/maintainer sent us a bill for the work - needed to be "reminded" we have a 10 yr service contract. Two neighbors across the street both got heat pumps the same time we did, and they too are experiencing endless maintenance calls (and one enormous electric bill due to a malfunction). Can't believe there isn't a class action law suit against Trane.

Date created: 2011-03-12 Name: Ron Mason - Mason Mechanical Services
Location: Jefferson, Md.

"Owner / Operator"
I have three 19i Trane heat pumps in my house. I am a Trane dealer and make a living on working on all makes and models of HVACR equipment.I have the liberty to have any unit I chose and I chose Trane because I feel they have the best heat pumps and I dont have time to work on my own equipment. I am a Local 602 contractor for Md and Va. The thing about heat pumps they must be installed properly with correct duct work design. It does not matter who makes the unit it will not work right if it is not installed right. My electric bill is about the same as it was with my last house that was half the size.

Date created: 2011-03-06 Name: D. Graybill
Location: Lititz, PA

"Saving Some"
Replaced 20 year old Trane with a new unit two year ago. The new unit was not the most efficient model Trane had on the market but it was efficient enough to qualify for the federal tax credits and Pennsylvania rebates. We are saving some money, maybe $30 a month. Maybe I should have had back-up propane heat instead of electric.

Date created: 2011-02-22 Name: Estella Rush
Location: Portales, New Mexico

"Don't waste your money"
We have a small 1350 sq foot house in eastern New Mexico. 2 bedrooms at the opposite end from the heat-pump weren't getting heat nor air-conditioning, so when we had to replace our old Trane units we were told to get a bigger unit (more expensive). It has made no difference, so we still have electric heaters and fans in these 2 rooms. The heat pump is completely inefficient when the weather drops below 40 degrees. It takes from 45 min. to 4+ hours to increase just 2 degrees on the thermostat. During the 2 weeks of extreme Feb.cold weather, the heater never reached thermostat temps and ran continuously for 2 weeks, and again, we are waiting for the Trane serviceman. We've had to move the portable heater into our living room. We've had this unit for 5 years and have to have the Trane serviceman out in winter after very cold weather has hit!

Date created: 2011-02-18 Name: James Housley
Location: Hector, AR

"Not Happy"
This is not a very good product. They don't stand behind their product.

Date created: 2011-02-18 Name: Brenda Gale Housley
Location: Hector, AR

"Very unsitified consumer"
Ever since we bought our trane, 2002) we have had nothing but trouble. The unit was replaced after 1 year. We have had to have maintance on it ever year. Now it is out again. We are replacing this trane with something else. We had our 1st heating unit for over 30 years. I would not advise anyone to purchase this product. We have spent as much in repairs as we did for the unit. They don't stand behind their product.

Date created: 2011-02-14 Name: Pearl Atkinson Stewart
Location: Columbia, MD

"TWJ130A100A0 E1726248A"
I purchased the Trane heat pump in 2008, model # TWJ130A100AO E1726248A from Ron Air in Dayton, MD. My electric bill for Dec and Jan skyrocketed and after checking my BGE equipment the company confirmed that I was using an usually high current over my past usage, more than 5,000 more units, over $645,( my normal bills are $125). Since My heat pump was new, but I would have it checked. Ron Air, who installed the unit found that there was a tiny hole in the heating coil that was there for the two years and leaked antifreeze. This caused the high energy bill. I am requesting a refund for the high electric bills from Trane. I am a senior on a fixed income and cannot afford $1,800 on electric bill that was caused by the manufacturer's neglect on selling a faulty coil.

Date created: 2011-02-09 Name: Al

"Waste of your money and time. Aweful product."
I had a 10 seer Trane that was twelve years old. It works fine into the teens without fail. Now i have same size Trane, but a 13 seer and had it for 6 month. It had to be fixed around thirteen times. My bills are higher now. The quality of the new trane Heatpumps are worthless. This new one i have wont keep blowing heat into the 30's. They are like other companies Tell you its a new and improved product. In reality its built with less money and cheaper product and they attach a higher seer number to it. Also called Trane Regional office and was equally dissapointed with them.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>