Consumer Reviews of Trane heat pumps

Read more about Trane heat pumps

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2011-09-01 Name: Mays
Location: Jacksonville

"I will look pass the trane systems"
When it is time to looking for a new a/c unit, I will look pass the trane systems. This is my experience. I have a 3.5 ton 14 seer unit, one of their best at the time of purchase. I replaced my old 20 year trane with a new trane (Junk). I had this system for 3 years 6 months , had to replace the blower fan for a labor coast of $500.00. Now my cooling coil has a leak, replacement labor coast $600.00 and was told my compositor ($) was at 88% and trane will not replace any part until it fail completely . I call the trane office asking for help. I explained that this unit get regular maintenance by licensed contractors. The help I got from trane was no help! This will be my last trane after searching the internet. I have found that I am not the only one with junk.

Date created: 2011-08-20 Name: D. Peterson
Location: Tucson, AZ

"Loved it for 15 years"
Have had my 16 Seer, 2 compressor unit for 15 years and loved every day until the blower motor went out last week. I was quoted ~$1,800.00 for a replacement. Tried to find a matching motor online and sure enough, the motor itself was $1k. I talked to my ac Buddy and he would install it for me, so I ordered it. When we got the new motor in still not working. The motor has a controller on it (additional cost of like $500) which must be the problem. I hope, If I order that and it does not solve the problem I would be on to other boards which are also not cheap. I did have the Trane Technician check all the Capacitors to ensure they were in spec. For the money, not sure if I should replace the unit. From what I am reading on all makes, they are all not so great. Wish I could find good reviews on any. This is just a motor and I think I need to just replace the motor, a new unit may be worse. I do realize this Trane has performed great for 15 years and should give it the part it needs.

Date created: 2011-08-16 Name: Tom Tray
Location: Sedalia, Missouri

"I highly recommend getting a new heat pump"
I highly recommend getting a new heat pump, stay away from Trane !!! Have had mine for 9 years and have replaced almost every part it has. Something told us when we bought it to get the extended warranty, so glad we did. Every year for 9 years so far we have had trouble and something needed replaced. I have called Trane for many years and they could care less, and now they have been bought out by Ingersoll Rand Company. They returned my calls, said they would take care of everything and did nothing at all. Be warned, stay away from Trane.

Date created: 2011-08-11 Name: Richard
Location: va

"Will not sell any more of this junk"
I am a local contractor in Virginia and have been installing this equipment since the mid 90's and have now completely had it with trane. Their product has turned to complete junk. I have 8 coils setting in my shop right now that are warranty replacements, 3 of which have to be sent back because of leaks right out of the box and 2 that were so damaged during packaging that I am afraid to even install them. 5 out of 8 coils that I have received for warranty replacements are no good to me and I have customers that are ready to take their business elsewhere, thank you trane! As usual trane wants to put off the blame on me and my company instead of admitting that they are at fault. I can no longer continue to sell anyone this product knowing what I know and I hope that this review is seen by potential buyers before they waste money installing one of these prone to fail systems. Trane has not been a good product for quite some time now and it is now time for my company to let them go before warranty work and in happy customers put me out of business. Potential buyers should stay clear of Trane, there are far better lines of equipment that are also cheaper to purchase that do not have the failure rate that trane has and they care about their distributors and the overall customer.

Date created: 2011-07-25 Name: richard marsh
Location: Hollywood Fl.

"TRANE IS JUNK!!!!"
We have had our Trane XR12 for 6 years. After the first 3 years every year there is a problem. Now the outside motor froze after 7 years ... junk junk junk!!!!

Date created: 2011-07-23 Name: Gary Byrd
Location: Richmond, VA

"Does not cool"
Heat pump will not cool very well with temperatures above 95. I have had this heat pump for 7 years and it will not cool in hot weather. We had problems the first day it was installed and it had to be serviced 3 times in the first week. As far as I am concerned Trane Heat pumps are junk.

Date created: 2011-07-01 Name: The Leonards
Location: Roanoke, VA

"Residential"
The 2 year old unit's txv valve had to be replaced and the repair was very expensive - $432. We were told this is the price Trane charges according to Trane's Book Pricing - Trane sets the price for replacing this valve. This is the price whether it takes one hour or four hours. This price is too much for anyone to pay especially when it took less than an hour to complete the job. If I ever have to replace this unit, it will not be with a Trane!

Date created: 2011-06-20 Name: Peter Zgeb
Location: Montreal, Quebec

"On 3rd Compressor in under 6 years"
We purchased the Heat Pump new in July 2005. July 2008, it wouldn't cool, the compressor needed replacing. Now, June 2011, the compressor needs replacing again. Trane is unwilling to provide any compensation for the labour costs to replace the compressor (now about $1500)and has said that the problems we are having are "Normal". Stay away from Trane products, or, if you must purchase one, buy an extended warranty... You'll need it!

Date created: 2011-06-13 Name: Jessica
Location: Ijamsville, MD

"Don't do it!"
Our home has a 3-year old Trane heat pump to cool and heat the upstairs. We have to call for service every six months and it's always something expensive. The TXV or some-such twice, a few things in between, and now the motor! The downstairs heat pump is 20 years old and never a problem! Trane is horrible. We plan to dump this unit and purchase something better.

Date created: 2011-06-10 Name: Doesnt matter
Location: VA

"Biggest over rated junk on market"
First off let me start by saying that i work for an HVAC CO and i see these units everyday. I have installed 4 of Tranes heatpumps for family members in the past 10 years and every one of these units have failed numerous times. I see the warranty parts delivered to the company i work for on a daily basis and can assure whoever is reading this that buying a TRANE system WILL be a mistake. Trane has let the quality of the equipment they sell go down hill. Save your money and buy another brand. Dont always believe what you see on tv TRANE just plain SUCKS.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>