Consumer Reviews of Trane heat pumps

Read more about Trane heat pumps

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2011-10-07 Name: Barbara Johnson
Location: Durham, NC

"XL Series Weathertron Heat Pump"
I am very dissatisfied with the quality of the unit. On December 9, 2008 I had to replace the heater bank which had completely failed. Today, October 7, 2012, I found out that I have to replace the compressor and pay for a much higher labor cost. The heater bank was made by Honeywell, manufactured in China. After I called Ingersoll Rand, the parent company of Trane, I found out that the new compressor is manufactured in Mexico. I emphasized the importance of quality control. If that is neglected by Trane again, this unit 4twx4024b1000aa will be my last purchase of a Trane heat pump! I expect more from Trane!

Date created: 2011-09-24 Name: Pete
Location: Atlanta, GA

Trane heat pump, lots of advertising, not very much quality or service!!!!!

Date created: 2011-09-21 Name: judyb154
Location: Sylacauga alabama

"Trouble again"
I have had my Trane about 3 or 4 years and it has been nothing but TROUBLE, repair after repair. My neighbor bought one about the same time I did and his has been problem after problem as well. I will never again buy a Trane and anyone that is looking to buy one, I will greatly discourage them in purchasing one. As of today mine is torn up again and they are coming tomorrow to fix it again. Trane use to be a good product, but now it's worthless. I am tired of paying to get it fixed and waiting on them to fix it. So if you are looking to buy a Trane, look the other way!

Date created: 2011-09-07 Name: ted
Location: central fla

"Evaporator coil failure"
I have working on these for over 20 years. it used to be you put in a trane or american standard and never went back for a service problem. Not any more, failure after failure of the evaporator coils is a joke in the industry. I have been to some customers three times for same problem. When warranty expires they will pay thousands for new coils that will fail as fast as I can put em in. I am now recommending carrier or goodman with ten year warranty parts and labor. I can't look buyer in face and say trane anymore. They are god awful.

Date created: 2011-09-01 Name: Mays
Location: Jacksonville

"I will look pass the trane systems"
When it is time to looking for a new a/c unit, I will look pass the trane systems. This is my experience. I have a 3.5 ton 14 seer unit, one of their best at the time of purchase. I replaced my old 20 year trane with a new trane (Junk). I had this system for 3 years 6 months , had to replace the blower fan for a labor coast of $500.00. Now my cooling coil has a leak, replacement labor coast $600.00 and was told my compositor ($) was at 88% and trane will not replace any part until it fail completely . I call the trane office asking for help. I explained that this unit get regular maintenance by licensed contractors. The help I got from trane was no help! This will be my last trane after searching the internet. I have found that I am not the only one with junk.

Date created: 2011-08-20 Name: D. Peterson
Location: Tucson, AZ

"Loved it for 15 years"
Have had my 16 Seer, 2 compressor unit for 15 years and loved every day until the blower motor went out last week. I was quoted ~$1,800.00 for a replacement. Tried to find a matching motor online and sure enough, the motor itself was $1k. I talked to my ac Buddy and he would install it for me, so I ordered it. When we got the new motor in still not working. The motor has a controller on it (additional cost of like $500) which must be the problem. I hope, If I order that and it does not solve the problem I would be on to other boards which are also not cheap. I did have the Trane Technician check all the Capacitors to ensure they were in spec. For the money, not sure if I should replace the unit. From what I am reading on all makes, they are all not so great. Wish I could find good reviews on any. This is just a motor and I think I need to just replace the motor, a new unit may be worse. I do realize this Trane has performed great for 15 years and should give it the part it needs.

Date created: 2011-08-16 Name: Tom Tray
Location: Sedalia, Missouri

"I highly recommend getting a new heat pump"
I highly recommend getting a new heat pump, stay away from Trane !!! Have had mine for 9 years and have replaced almost every part it has. Something told us when we bought it to get the extended warranty, so glad we did. Every year for 9 years so far we have had trouble and something needed replaced. I have called Trane for many years and they could care less, and now they have been bought out by Ingersoll Rand Company. They returned my calls, said they would take care of everything and did nothing at all. Be warned, stay away from Trane.

Date created: 2011-08-11 Name: Richard
Location: va

"Will not sell any more of this junk"
I am a local contractor in Virginia and have been installing this equipment since the mid 90's and have now completely had it with trane. Their product has turned to complete junk. I have 8 coils setting in my shop right now that are warranty replacements, 3 of which have to be sent back because of leaks right out of the box and 2 that were so damaged during packaging that I am afraid to even install them. 5 out of 8 coils that I have received for warranty replacements are no good to me and I have customers that are ready to take their business elsewhere, thank you trane! As usual trane wants to put off the blame on me and my company instead of admitting that they are at fault. I can no longer continue to sell anyone this product knowing what I know and I hope that this review is seen by potential buyers before they waste money installing one of these prone to fail systems. Trane has not been a good product for quite some time now and it is now time for my company to let them go before warranty work and in happy customers put me out of business. Potential buyers should stay clear of Trane, there are far better lines of equipment that are also cheaper to purchase that do not have the failure rate that trane has and they care about their distributors and the overall customer.

Date created: 2011-07-25 Name: richard marsh
Location: Hollywood Fl.

"TRANE IS JUNK!!!!"
We have had our Trane XR12 for 6 years. After the first 3 years every year there is a problem. Now the outside motor froze after 7 years ... junk junk junk!!!!

Date created: 2011-07-23 Name: Gary Byrd
Location: Richmond, VA

"Does not cool"
Heat pump will not cool very well with temperatures above 95. I have had this heat pump for 7 years and it will not cool in hot weather. We had problems the first day it was installed and it had to be serviced 3 times in the first week. As far as I am concerned Trane Heat pumps are junk.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>