Consumer Reviews of Trane heat pumps

Read more about Trane heat pumps

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2013-04-26 Name: Bill Pendleton
Location: Mount Airy, NC 27030

"Very satisfied with my unit"
Very satisfied with my unit. Suggestion: I live in an area where the theft of copper and/or entire units happens too often. I have just installed a CPI security system since all outdoor compressor units require, by code, an outside disconnect consider developing an application. That would require a code to be entered before shutting down the power to help deter theft. ??? Or is there one now?

Date created: 2013-04-08 Name: Chris
Location: Washington- WA

"Trane"
My heatpump was installed during house construction in 1991. Other than cleaning the outside unit and changing the thermostat, I have done nothing. I have paid nothing. What scares me is that I know it's due to go and I want to be ready but given the reviews not one model is free of negative reviews. I really am leaning toward buying another Trane but............. look at the reviews.

Date created: 2013-02-07 Name: A. Pirrone
Location: Poquoson, VA

"Horrible system"
I purchased a 13 seer Trane system 10 years ago and had it installed in a new custom built home. I have replaced every part on this system since. The compressor just died and fortunately I had purchased a Home warranty program to pay for the compressor. I would only endorse this product to a Marina as I am sure the heat pump would make a great boat anchor. By the way, if you want to "stop a Trane" come to my house and turn on the thermostat.

Date created: 2013-01-22 Name: Frank
Location: Leesburg, FL

"Great Product"
My Trane is 15 years old. Had it serviced the first 2 years and then never again. This winter (2013) it ran very low on Freon. Cost me $340. If it keeps running I'm going to keep it. After reading so many bad reviews on Trane, Carrier, etc I'm afraid to buy a new one. I know mine is not as efficient as a new one but I'd rather pay foe electric than have constant repairs.

Date created: 2013-01-15 Name: k dobbs
Location: hixson tn

"Never ever get another Trane"
I will never ever recommend a trane I have a heat and air unit and it's least then a 1yr old and I have at least called a repair man out to fix something at least once a month

Date created: 2012-12-21 Name: Pissed off Momma
Location: Hot Texas

"Don't waste your time & money!"
If your hvac repair budget is the national debt, then you "can't stop a trane". Don't waste your time & money!!! I have had more dates with the repair man than my husband over the past 7 years!! Spent more $$$$ on paying him also. If you really want to know what I think.

Date created: 2012-12-12 Name: renee hoffman
Location: frederica delaware

"AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!"
Brand new unit installed August 17, 2012 air conditioner noisy heat pump went out ten times repair man out ten times still not fixed. Cant find a number for trane will never buy again or recommend I will be calling better business bureau.

Date created: 2012-12-01 Name: Jon Doe
Location: Ga

"Bull Shit!!!!"
I bought my Trane in 2002 and it has been giving me trouble ever since I've had it. I replaced over 10 years 4 compressors and they keep going out and I'm tired of spending money on something that doesn't work. Calling different air conditioning people come out and charge ridiculous prices and I also replaced fan motor and compressor. I wouldn't never buy another Trane unit because they are not worth a damn!!!!!

Date created: 2012-11-20 Name: Dan E.
Location: Greensboro, NC

"It's a Lemon"
Have had a 5 ton dual fuel seer 12 for 7 years. Have replaced the mother board twice, the coil this past August, and now the compressor is gone. Told the technician to get the piece of junk off my property. Damn what's left of the warranty. I'm installing a Goodman! It's not hard to stop a Trane, but it is hard to make a Trane run.

Date created: 2012-11-05 Name: Richard W Clason
Location: Lubbock, TX

"Dual fuel heat pump"
I had my house built in 1993 with a Trane Dual Fuel heat pump system installed. I have had no problems with the system but the thermostat just went out. Ridiculous price to replace a simple thermostat --- $250.00. Since it is only a 10 seer rating, I am considering replacing the unit. The only drawback is the cost versus reviews. With the reviews I have read, any and all systems are only worth about 10% of what is charged.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>