Consumer Reviews of Trane heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2017?

Read more about Trane heat pumps

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2014-07-02 Name: Rusty King
Location: Cross City Fla.

"Know how to stop a trane? You turn it on!!!!"
The was 10 months old when it stopped working That was in April. It's now July and Trane has still not fixed the problem and refuses to replace the unit.

Date created: 2014-05-15 Name: B. Butler
Location: moss point ms

"Trane Weathertron 1981"
I had a Trane installed in 1981, the only issues we have had are a couple of relays and a couple of motor start capacitors , never any major parts and it still runs fine, we had the freon checked when serviced but never needed any. From what I'm reading on this site they just don't make them like they used too. It may may die any day but it has had a long healthy life.

Date created: 2014-03-09 Name: D R
Location: Washington, IA

"DON'T BUY A TRANE!!!"
I bought a heat pump/AC unit 3 years ago because I thought my 40 year old unit was probably not very efficient. I wish I would've kept the old unit or purchased a different brand!! They made all kinds of promises (your heating/cooling bills will be drastically reduced, etc.) and none of them were true! The new unit costs just as much, if not more, to run as my old unit did. It literally runs for 3-4 hours just to raise the temperature by 8 degrees. Check reviews, do research, and don't buy a Trane!!

Date created: 2014-01-12 Name: H. Hamy
Location: Hockessin, DE

"How do you buy a Trane that actually works?"
I previously thought Trane was the best, but after my son had two units installed and had problems and now our newly installed 8 and 4 ton units have not worked well I have changed my mind. After our last service call, the smaller unit actually only provides heat in emergency mode. My wife has a terminal illness and I would like to reduce stress on her, but it doesn't look like that is possible any time soon.

Date created: 2013-09-26 Name: R. Kevin Whisman
Location: Annapolis Md

"How to Stop a Trane - Buy One!"
What's so disappointing about the problems with this unit is how I was treated by both Trane Inc. and the installer. The unit went down within a few days of the warranty running out. It did take me a fews days to figure out that there something wasn't right with the heat pump. I ended up calling Trane the day after the warranty ran out. They literally wouldn't discuss it to me. When the installer came to the house they wanted thousands of dollars to fix it. How could this be, I'd had it for just 5 years. I asked them to leave. Called another company who got it up and working with the caveat that this Trane heat pump will soon die and really it can't be repaired. It should be replaced after 5 years of use. Don't buy a Trane.

Date created: 2013-07-09 Name: Grumpy
Location: sacramento

"Wish I Had Read These Reviews 6 Years Ago"
I would never buy another Trane heat pump. Purchased mine in 2006. Dealer told me it was a real good unit, bullcrap. It went out during over 100 degree weather. Had a hard time getting someone as everyone was busy. The heat pump was leaking freon(whatever that means). First person who looked at it said it was the compressor, second said no it's leaking. Warranty was 5 years parts and service, compressor 10 years and then there was a heat warranty for 20 years which I was told did not apply at all to heat pumps. Bad unit, bad company installing it.

Date created: 2013-07-09 Name: S.Suleman
Location: Bowie, Maryland

"New Unit No Parts Crap Company"
My unit is 3 years old and broke down. Tried to have it fixed because it is 100 degrees. Was told the blower which is a small part is on back order and they don't know when it will be in. That lets me know that the product is crap because there must be a lot of broken I19 units that are breaking down. The unit I had before was 20 years no problem, should have stayed with it. Don't buy Trane.

Date created: 2013-07-02 Name: Drew Pilamore
Location: Edmonton, AB

"Pile of Garbage"
Live in a condo built in 2005. Out of 145 units in the building, over 100 of these heat pumps have been replaced already. Do not buy!!!

Date created: 2013-06-07 Name: D. Peterson
Location: Tucson, AZ

"Love My Trane... 17yo in Hot Tucson AZ"
Had my Trane dual compressor installed in '96. Has worked great and always did what it was purchased for. Keep the home comfortable. It was hit by lightning a few years ago and ever since, the compressor turns on when called to, runs a few seconds. Turns off, then turns back on to fully complete the cycle. Again, even with this issue, it always keeps my home very comfortable. Very pleased with the purchase and longevity of this heat pump in Arizona. It runs a lot as I like to be comfortable. As for the issue, 3 companies have checked and unsure of prob.

Date created: 2013-05-23 Name: G H.
Location: Maryland

"Garbage"
My house is 14 years old and when it was new, I had two trane units installed. I can rely on my Trane heat pumps, yes both of them, to fail twice a year. I will never buy Trane again.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>