Consumer Reviews of Trane heat pumps

Read more about Trane heat pumps

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2013-07-09 Name: S.Suleman
Location: Bowie, Maryland

"New Unit No Parts Crap Company"
My unit is 3 years old and broke down. Tried to have it fixed because it is 100 degrees. Was told the blower which is a small part is on back order and they don't know when it will be in. That lets me know that the product is crap because there must be a lot of broken I19 units that are breaking down. The unit I had before was 20 years no problem, should have stayed with it. Don't buy Trane.

Date created: 2013-07-02 Name: Drew Pilamore
Location: Edmonton, AB

"Pile of Garbage"
Live in a condo built in 2005. Out of 145 units in the building, over 100 of these heat pumps have been replaced already. Do not buy!!!

Date created: 2013-06-07 Name: D. Peterson
Location: Tucson, AZ

"Love My Trane... 17yo in Hot Tucson AZ"
Had my Trane dual compressor installed in '96. Has worked great and always did what it was purchased for. Keep the home comfortable. It was hit by lightning a few years ago and ever since, the compressor turns on when called to, runs a few seconds. Turns off, then turns back on to fully complete the cycle. Again, even with this issue, it always keeps my home very comfortable. Very pleased with the purchase and longevity of this heat pump in Arizona. It runs a lot as I like to be comfortable. As for the issue, 3 companies have checked and unsure of prob.

Date created: 2013-05-23 Name: G H.
Location: Maryland

"Garbage"
My house is 14 years old and when it was new, I had two trane units installed. I can rely on my Trane heat pumps, yes both of them, to fail twice a year. I will never buy Trane again.

Date created: 2013-04-26 Name: Bill Pendleton
Location: Mount Airy, NC 27030

"Very satisfied with my unit"
Very satisfied with my unit. Suggestion: I live in an area where the theft of copper and/or entire units happens too often. I have just installed a CPI security system since all outdoor compressor units require, by code, an outside disconnect consider developing an application. That would require a code to be entered before shutting down the power to help deter theft. ??? Or is there one now?

Date created: 2013-04-08 Name: Chris
Location: Washington- WA

"Trane"
My heatpump was installed during house construction in 1991. Other than cleaning the outside unit and changing the thermostat, I have done nothing. I have paid nothing. What scares me is that I know it's due to go and I want to be ready but given the reviews not one model is free of negative reviews. I really am leaning toward buying another Trane but............. look at the reviews.

Date created: 2013-02-07 Name: A. Pirrone
Location: Poquoson, VA

"Horrible system"
I purchased a 13 seer Trane system 10 years ago and had it installed in a new custom built home. I have replaced every part on this system since. The compressor just died and fortunately I had purchased a Home warranty program to pay for the compressor. I would only endorse this product to a Marina as I am sure the heat pump would make a great boat anchor. By the way, if you want to "stop a Trane" come to my house and turn on the thermostat.

Date created: 2013-01-22 Name: Frank
Location: Leesburg, FL

"Great Product"
My Trane is 15 years old. Had it serviced the first 2 years and then never again. This winter (2013) it ran very low on Freon. Cost me $340. If it keeps running I'm going to keep it. After reading so many bad reviews on Trane, Carrier, etc I'm afraid to buy a new one. I know mine is not as efficient as a new one but I'd rather pay foe electric than have constant repairs.

Date created: 2013-01-20 Name: G Jones
Location: Eastman, GA

"4WCY4048B1"
When the temperature drops to freezing, this unit puts out the worst scent. I had the repairman here to check it out and he said it's called "dirty sock syndrome." Because they can't find the cause. It never smelt like this with our old unit. We paid a lot of money for this heat pump and I will never recommend a Trane to anyone. This scent will even wake me up at night; it's that strong!

Date created: 2013-01-15 Name: k dobbs
Location: hixson tn

"Never ever get another Trane"
I will never ever recommend a trane I have a heat and air unit and it's least then a 1yr old and I have at least called a repair man out to fix something at least once a month

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>