Consumer Reviews of Trane heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about Trane heat pumps

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2013-05-14 Name: Glen Frost
Location: phoenix az

"I have had Many Problems Since Installing"
I have had many problems since installing a Trane heat pump. Paid for a 10 year warranty and had problems at least 4 times. Now after 10 years and 2 months, the compressor needs to be replaced. You can't stop a Trane wreck!

Date created: 2013-04-26 Name: Bill Pendleton
Location: Mount Airy, NC 27030

"Very satisfied with my unit"
Very satisfied with my unit. Suggestion: I live in an area where the theft of copper and/or entire units happens too often. I have just installed a CPI security system since all outdoor compressor units require, by code, an outside disconnect consider developing an application. That would require a code to be entered before shutting down the power to help deter theft. ??? Or is there one now?

Date created: 2013-04-08 Name: Chris
Location: Washington- WA

"Trane"
My heatpump was installed during house construction in 1991. Other than cleaning the outside unit and changing the thermostat, I have done nothing. I have paid nothing. What scares me is that I know it's due to go and I want to be ready but given the reviews not one model is free of negative reviews. I really am leaning toward buying another Trane but............. look at the reviews.

Date created: 2013-02-07 Name: A. Pirrone
Location: Poquoson, VA

"Horrible system"
I purchased a 13 seer Trane system 10 years ago and had it installed in a new custom built home. I have replaced every part on this system since. The compressor just died and fortunately I had purchased a Home warranty program to pay for the compressor. I would only endorse this product to a Marina as I am sure the heat pump would make a great boat anchor. By the way, if you want to "stop a Trane" come to my house and turn on the thermostat.

Date created: 2013-01-25 Name: P. TURPIN
Location: Sherrills Ford, NC

"THE TURPINS OF LAKE NORMAN"
Unit still going strong. We replaced our old Carrier unit with a Trane in 1995. Our present service company has kept our unit running great. We have it serviced/checked in the spring and fall for a reasonable fee. Yes, we have had a few breakdowns common for it's age. Such as replacing the refrigerant valve in the summer and occasionally adding the necessary freon when it gets low. But overall after 18 years, the unit still runs fine. If it finally breaks down tomorrow, we will buy another one. This model was the cheapest one that was sold at the time in 1995,the seer rating being at 13.35)

Date created: 2013-01-22 Name: Frank
Location: Leesburg, FL

"Great Product"
My Trane is 15 years old. Had it serviced the first 2 years and then never again. This winter (2013) it ran very low on Freon. Cost me $340. If it keeps running I'm going to keep it. After reading so many bad reviews on Trane, Carrier, etc I'm afraid to buy a new one. I know mine is not as efficient as a new one but I'd rather pay foe electric than have constant repairs.

Date created: 2013-01-20 Name: G Jones
Location: Eastman, GA

"4WCY4048B1"
When the temperature drops to freezing, this unit puts out the worst scent. I had the repairman here to check it out and he said it's called "dirty sock syndrome." Because they can't find the cause. It never smelt like this with our old unit. We paid a lot of money for this heat pump and I will never recommend a Trane to anyone. This scent will even wake me up at night; it's that strong!

Date created: 2013-01-15 Name: k dobbs
Location: hixson tn

"Never ever get another Trane"
I will never ever recommend a trane I have a heat and air unit and it's least then a 1yr old and I have at least called a repair man out to fix something at least once a month

Date created: 2012-12-21 Name: Pissed off Momma
Location: Hot Texas

"Don't waste your time & money!"
If your hvac repair budget is the national debt, then you "can't stop a trane". Don't waste your time & money!!! I have had more dates with the repair man than my husband over the past 7 years!! Spent more $$$$ on paying him also. If you really want to know what I think.

Date created: 2012-12-12 Name: renee hoffman
Location: frederica delaware

"AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!"
Brand new unit installed August 17, 2012 air conditioner noisy heat pump went out ten times repair man out ten times still not fixed. Cant find a number for trane will never buy again or recommend I will be calling better business bureau.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>