Consumer Reviews of Trane heat pumps

Read more about Trane heat pumps

<< Previous20212223242526272829

Date created: 2008-08-04 Name: Ken W.
Location: San Antonio, TX

"How do you stop a Trane? Turn it on!"
Have you ever seen the movie "a Christmas story"? The scenes where the father fights the furnace would almost show the effort required to keep this unit running. Unit started leaking freon at year 8, has needed three contactors, 1 starting capacitor, has not worked in Heating mode for 5 years, however original coils work very well. Unit freezes up constantly (due to low freon levels) sometimes it won’t turn on for no apparent reason. I think the Trane company is responsible for half of the hole in the ozone layer due to their leaky coils.

Date created: 2008-08-03 Name: Dennis Kirk
Location: Terrebonne, Oregon

"Nothing Runs like a Trane I hope not no one would get there"
I had a Trane Heatpump installed in my brand new 4,000 sq foot home. I am sorry I did. I have had so many serivce calls even with an extended warrenty. Everything has wrong. Four months before the extened warrenty expired the heating contractor determined the compressor was failing. They replaced it. Then 6 months later a valve failed causing the unit to freeze up. Now periodically the the systme simply fails to deliver cold air. Nothing from the vents. 30 Days ago the service technician came out spent about 3 hours and could find nothing wrong after that the system work find for about 30 days and now is failing to deliver cold air. Either Quality heaitng of Redmond Oregon is imcompetant or Trane is a very poor quality system. At this point I would replace it with anything but a Trane.

Date created: 2008-07-21 Name: Michael
Location: Seattle, WA

"Trane heat pump"
Bought a new house with a Trane. The first year it froze up. No one, including Trane can fix the thing. I have had multiple servicing firms come out and look at it. I would not buy a new Trane and I think that Trane would guarantee their products better.

Date created: 2008-07-03 Name: Brian Hall
Location: Dunkirk, MD

"TRANE - reputation undeserved!"
Bought a 5 year-old house (now 7 years old) with a Trane heat pump (Actually 2 - 1 upstairs, 1 downstairs). The first winter here the upstairs unit wouldn't heat the house and the monthly electric bill was >$500. The repairperson said the unit was kicking into emergency heat mode improperly and we were lucky it didn't burn out (or burn us up!) Our second summer here and the downstairs unit won't keep the downstairs cool. Repairman says the "valves are shot" and the entire unit needs to be replaced - "...they don't usually fail this fast" - recommends new $9k Trane unit - hah! Wouldn't install another Trane if you paid me.

Date created: 2008-05-07 Name: R Seaton
Location: Evansville, Indiana

Absolutely the worst purchase I have ever made. This 16 sear 3 ton unit is on the third compressor in just 28 months and the entire unit has never performed right from day one and I cant find a Trane tech that can fix it or even tell me what is wrong with it.

Date created: 2008-03-26 Name: C Holden
Location: Central Florida

We own two units, and in 19 years, we've only had to replace a switch.

Date created: 2008-01-16 Name: p. smith
Location: Topeka, KS

My Trane Heat Pump has been the worst mechanical product I have ever owned in my entire 52 years. I wouldn't even consider a Trane product for future purchase. Our local grade school chidren could build a better product out of Leggo's.

Date created: 2007-11-26 Name: Paul
Location: Lyncburg, VA

"This Unit is Still Going Strong"
This unit is still going strong after 16 years of service (xe1000). The neighbor's Trane still works well after 15 years. The only issue I had with the unit was a starting capacitor that went bad at year 8 - an $80 repair including the technician's time.

Date created: 2007-07-23 Name: harvey schur
Location: 24478 lanark. rd. brooksville fl 34601

"It's the Best Unit I Ever Had"
It's the best unit I ever had. tweo49el3fb 4.0 ton var spd. Ah I need to buy a tfm260 filter at cost. Please can you help?

<< Previous20212223242526272829