Consumer Reviews of Trane heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2017?

Read more about Trane heat pumps

<< Previous2021222324252627282930Next >>

Date created: 2008-11-27 Name: E. J. Smith
Location: Louisville, Ga

"Home owner"
I installed a new Trane high efficiency heat pump system with "clean effects" air cleaner in 4/07. There was a recall on the air cleaner soon after installation. In the winter of 2007 I noted a bad smell when unit was on heat and in the defrost cycle. Trane had the dealer spray some chemical on the evap coil, but I continue to have the bad smell. Trane must not have cleaned the coil properly during the manufacturing process and the smell is a result of that failure.

Date created: 2008-11-25 Name: C. Shipley
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

"TRANE UNSTOPPABLE!"
Had a Trane heat pump and electric furnace put in when we bought this place 32 years ago. Never had a lick of trouble out of the thing. Had it checked every other year or so and a couple things that were so minor I can't even remember what they were. Had it replaced with a Trane xl16 and air handler when the old coil started leaking. Why wouldn't I after a record like that! Dealer here in Cincinnati was very thorough - did a heat loss/gain equation and all that. Was here for almost 2 hours just taking measurements. My utilities are down by over 30%! You other folks who had problems, maybe you should've researched the installer better! Trane's equipment is bullet proof! Not cheap, but nothing good ever is.

Date created: 2008-11-20 Name: Ray Stafford
Location: Morehead, KY

"Ray Stafford Morehead ky"
I have reviewed the ratings and what I seem to find is that it's not the quality of the product but rather the quality of the installation.

Date created: 2008-10-31 Name: D Kent
Location: Elizabethtown, KY

"D Kent"
I have a Trane Heat Pump that was installed 09/1986. I have never had any repairs done to this unit. I know that I am bound to be on "borrowed time" so I decided to check out prices and reviews on heat pumps. My first choice will be another Trane if I can afford it. I was surprised to see a bad review on this website. Now I am worried about buying a Trane. If you have had good luck or bad luck with a Trane, please e-mail me and let me know. [email protected] thanks

Date created: 2008-10-20 Name: Bill B.
Location: Eugene, OR

"Trane Review"
My 2 ton Trane was installed by the builder of my home built in 8/2001. Replaced a blower 14 months later. Replaced a tvx value, whatever that is 11/05 $560. Replaced a compressor in 1/06 $978 with compressor covered by warranty. Repair cooling condenser etc. in 7/07 $850. Replace compressor again in 10/08 $1500 and they won't consider compressor under warranty. All this work was completed by the Trane dealer and neither the dealer or Trane has stood behind their work or product. So, it looks like I know at least five things that can stop a Trane. I would never recommend using a Trane heat pump or using Comfort Flow Heating to install and maintain it.

Date created: 2008-09-16 Name: Curtis Nickle

"None"
Unit turned on in 1991. Never turner off, and never serviced except for normal maintenance by myself, which is next to nothing. Not one problem.

Date created: 2008-09-09 Name: B. Donlan
Location: Ellicott City, MD

"Trane"
First Trane we owned lasted 17 years without any problems until the compressor went bad. A new Trane heat pump was installed and in 2 years the compressor went bad. The company that installed the unit wanted $1200 to replace it although the compressor was still under warranty. Now 2 years later that one is also kaput. The unit vibrates while running and when it shuts off it comes to a "screeching halt". We believe the design of the unit is bad. Anything that shakes and vibrates isn't going to last long. Trane should look into why their units are not lasting.

Date created: 2008-08-11 Name: D. Stern
Location: Jacksonville, FL

"Very Unsatisfied"
"You can never stop a Trane" Ha. Two years after we bought 2 units the compressor in one had to be replaced.........$750.00. We were totally surprised by this kind of repair bill. I have been careful to turn the temp up to 82 as recommended by our electric company, so the unit was not being abused. We previously had two Carrier heat pumps. They both lasted 15 years, and one of the 2 lasted 25 years.

Date created: 2008-08-04 Name: Ken W.
Location: San Antonio, TX

"How do you stop a Trane? Turn it on!"
Have you ever seen the movie "a Christmas story"? The scenes where the father fights the furnace would almost show the effort required to keep this unit running. Unit started leaking freon at year 8, has needed three contactors, 1 starting capacitor, has not worked in Heating mode for 5 years, however original coils work very well. Unit freezes up constantly (due to low freon levels) sometimes it won’t turn on for no apparent reason. I think the Trane company is responsible for half of the hole in the ozone layer due to their leaky coils.

Date created: 2008-08-03 Name: Dennis Kirk
Location: Terrebonne, Oregon

"Nothing Runs like a Trane I hope not no one would get there"
I had a Trane Heatpump installed in my brand new 4,000 sq foot home. I am sorry I did. I have had so many serivce calls even with an extended warrenty. Everything has wrong. Four months before the extened warrenty expired the heating contractor determined the compressor was failing. They replaced it. Then 6 months later a valve failed causing the unit to freeze up. Now periodically the the systme simply fails to deliver cold air. Nothing from the vents. 30 Days ago the service technician came out spent about 3 hours and could find nothing wrong after that the system work find for about 30 days and now is failing to deliver cold air. Either Quality heaitng of Redmond Oregon is imcompetant or Trane is a very poor quality system. At this point I would replace it with anything but a Trane.

<< Previous2021222324252627282930Next >>