Consumer Reviews of Trane heat pumps

Read more about Trane heat pumps

<< Previous2021222324252627282930Next >>

Date created: 2008-10-20 Name: Bill B.
Location: Eugene, OR

"Trane Review"
My 2 ton Trane was installed by the builder of my home built in 8/2001. Replaced a blower 14 months later. Replaced a tvx value, whatever that is 11/05 $560. Replaced a compressor in 1/06 $978 with compressor covered by warranty. Repair cooling condenser etc. in 7/07 $850. Replace compressor again in 10/08 $1500 and they won't consider compressor under warranty. All this work was completed by the Trane dealer and neither the dealer or Trane has stood behind their work or product. So, it looks like I know at least five things that can stop a Trane. I would never recommend using a Trane heat pump or using Comfort Flow Heating to install and maintain it.

Date created: 2008-09-16 Name: Curtis Nickle

"None"
Unit turned on in 1991. Never turner off, and never serviced except for normal maintenance by myself, which is next to nothing. Not one problem.

Date created: 2008-09-09 Name: B. Donlan
Location: Ellicott City, MD

"Trane"
First Trane we owned lasted 17 years without any problems until the compressor went bad. A new Trane heat pump was installed and in 2 years the compressor went bad. The company that installed the unit wanted $1200 to replace it although the compressor was still under warranty. Now 2 years later that one is also kaput. The unit vibrates while running and when it shuts off it comes to a "screeching halt". We believe the design of the unit is bad. Anything that shakes and vibrates isn't going to last long. Trane should look into why their units are not lasting.

Date created: 2008-08-20 Name: Jeff P.
Location: Central Illinois

"Heat Pump nightmare"
I had a Trane 16 XLi installed in my house with a completely new system. We were on emergency heat almost all of the time because the outside unit and blower weren’t communicating. Numerous repair people came out even the local Trane rep and nobody could get it to work. Local Trane Reps here in Central il. refused to help - they would promise to take care of it and then never call back - I even wrote a letter to the company and received no response at all. it's a nightmare company that cost me hundreds of extra dollars in heating bills and wouldn’t stand behind a brand new system.

Date created: 2008-08-11 Name: D. Stern
Location: Jacksonville, FL

"Very Unsatisfied"
"You can never stop a Trane" Ha. Two years after we bought 2 units the compressor in one had to be replaced.........$750.00. We were totally surprised by this kind of repair bill. I have been careful to turn the temp up to 82 as recommended by our electric company, so the unit was not being abused. We previously had two Carrier heat pumps. They both lasted 15 years, and one of the 2 lasted 25 years.

Date created: 2008-08-04 Name: Ken W.
Location: San Antonio, TX

"How do you stop a Trane? Turn it on!"
Have you ever seen the movie "a Christmas story"? The scenes where the father fights the furnace would almost show the effort required to keep this unit running. Unit started leaking freon at year 8, has needed three contactors, 1 starting capacitor, has not worked in Heating mode for 5 years, however original coils work very well. Unit freezes up constantly (due to low freon levels) sometimes it won’t turn on for no apparent reason. I think the Trane company is responsible for half of the hole in the ozone layer due to their leaky coils.

Date created: 2008-08-03 Name: Dennis Kirk
Location: Terrebonne, Oregon

"Nothing Runs like a Trane I hope not no one would get there"
I had a Trane Heatpump installed in my brand new 4,000 sq foot home. I am sorry I did. I have had so many serivce calls even with an extended warrenty. Everything has wrong. Four months before the extened warrenty expired the heating contractor determined the compressor was failing. They replaced it. Then 6 months later a valve failed causing the unit to freeze up. Now periodically the the systme simply fails to deliver cold air. Nothing from the vents. 30 Days ago the service technician came out spent about 3 hours and could find nothing wrong after that the system work find for about 30 days and now is failing to deliver cold air. Either Quality heaitng of Redmond Oregon is imcompetant or Trane is a very poor quality system. At this point I would replace it with anything but a Trane.

Date created: 2008-07-21 Name: Michael
Location: Seattle, WA

"Trane heat pump"
Bought a new house with a Trane. The first year it froze up. No one, including Trane can fix the thing. I have had multiple servicing firms come out and look at it. I would not buy a new Trane and I think that Trane would guarantee their products better.

Date created: 2008-07-03 Name: Brian Hall
Location: Dunkirk, MD

"TRANE - reputation undeserved!"
Bought a 5 year-old house (now 7 years old) with a Trane heat pump (Actually 2 - 1 upstairs, 1 downstairs). The first winter here the upstairs unit wouldn't heat the house and the monthly electric bill was >$500. The repairperson said the unit was kicking into emergency heat mode improperly and we were lucky it didn't burn out (or burn us up!) Our second summer here and the downstairs unit won't keep the downstairs cool. Repairman says the "valves are shot" and the entire unit needs to be replaced - "...they don't usually fail this fast" - recommends new $9k Trane unit - hah! Wouldn't install another Trane if you paid me.

Date created: 2008-05-07 Name: R Seaton
Location: Evansville, Indiana

Absolutely the worst purchase I have ever made. This 16 sear 3 ton unit is on the third compressor in just 28 months and the entire unit has never performed right from day one and I cant find a Trane tech that can fix it or even tell me what is wrong with it.

<< Previous2021222324252627282930Next >>