Consumer Reviews of Trane heat pumps

Read more about Trane heat pumps

<< Previous192021222324252627282930Next >>

Date created: 2008-12-29 Name: B. Cobb
Location: Speedwell, TN

"Trane review"
Had my Trane installed in 1985. Have not had any problems whatsoever. Still running great. I am getting worried that it may decide to quite on the coldest night of the winter, just because she has been great for so long. Nothing last for ever, not even a Trane.

Date created: 2008-12-28 Name: PJ sturdevant
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

"New Trane Heat Pump is a looser"
The new Trane Heat Pump is nowhere as efficient as the old Trane/GE unit I had installed in the house in 1984. It lasted for more than 20 years and was more than 20% more efficient than the new one. I have 25 years of power usage to compare. I am in the process of sending this to Trane. At this point it may be worth the cost to replace the new unit with one that is an improvement over the 1984 model.

Date created: 2008-12-27 Name: S.
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"LIKE A BAD NIGHTMARE ....."
I recently purchased a brand new Trane 3.5 ton 13 seer heat pump after my 17 yr old 3.5 ton Goodman bit the dust. My Goodman lasted the entire time without a single service call or issue!! The Trane has been a nightmare.... Within 3 months I have had the circuit board blow out and Freon leaks. Last night, it got down into the 30's here in Phoenix and my system ran and would not get up over 66 degrees. I am being told that this is "normal" and that all units cannot raise the temperature more than 30 degrees variant between the outdoor temps and the temp the unit is set inside. So, I asked the serviceman, "what if you were elderly, and you have a brand new Trane unit, and it is 30 degrees outside, does that mean that your home will not get warmer than 60 degrees? And the answer was yes, that it will not get warmer! I have never heard of such a thing... basically, I am stuck with this "new" unit, that just runs and runs, yet my other "older" unit never had this problem, nor do any of my neighbors, family members or friends. I suspect too that I will continue to have problems then when the summer hits and temps rise to 115f -- under this theory, I can only expect my home to cool down to a max of 86 degrees. I will never get a Trane system again ... piece of junk and this is probably only the beginning of my problems with this system. Also this system has the Dirty socks syndrome" -- which I never had with my other system. Of course, Trane is telling me that it is the indoor quality of my air and not their system although this problem is well documented with Trane - problem with the heating coils and most folks who have this problem, have had them replaced.

Date created: 2008-12-21 Name: M Todd
Location: Springfield, MO

"Good System"
This is the best heating system I could ask for. I literally spent 300 dollars in 2007 to heat my 4000 sq ft home. I have the 16xli. My auxiliary (gas backup) does not kick on until I get below 10 Fahrenheit. I cannot believe the efficiency.

Date created: 2008-12-21 Name: t taylor

"Running of unit"
My new heat pump doesn't shut off very often when it gets down to 35 degrees.

Date created: 2008-12-05 Name: K Obre
Location: Gilbert, AZ

"21 yrs of great service"
I bought this house new in 1987, had a Trane heat pump 3.5 ton on the house. Had the four way valve go bad the first year, changed out for free. Comp just went out on the unit so I am looking for another ac. Looks like a Trane is coming my way again.

Date created: 2008-11-27 Name: E. J. Smith
Location: Louisville, Ga

"Home owner"
I installed a new Trane high efficiency heat pump system with "clean effects" air cleaner in 4/07. There was a recall on the air cleaner soon after installation. In the winter of 2007 I noted a bad smell when unit was on heat and in the defrost cycle. Trane had the dealer spray some chemical on the evap coil, but I continue to have the bad smell. Trane must not have cleaned the coil properly during the manufacturing process and the smell is a result of that failure.

Date created: 2008-11-25 Name: C. Shipley
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

"TRANE UNSTOPPABLE!"
Had a Trane heat pump and electric furnace put in when we bought this place 32 years ago. Never had a lick of trouble out of the thing. Had it checked every other year or so and a couple things that were so minor I can't even remember what they were. Had it replaced with a Trane xl16 and air handler when the old coil started leaking. Why wouldn't I after a record like that! Dealer here in Cincinnati was very thorough - did a heat loss/gain equation and all that. Was here for almost 2 hours just taking measurements. My utilities are down by over 30%! You other folks who had problems, maybe you should've researched the installer better! Trane's equipment is bullet proof! Not cheap, but nothing good ever is.

Date created: 2008-11-20 Name: Ray Stafford
Location: Morehead, KY

"Ray Stafford Morehead ky"
I have reviewed the ratings and what I seem to find is that it's not the quality of the product but rather the quality of the installation.

Date created: 2008-10-31 Name: D Kent
Location: Elizabethtown, KY

"D Kent"
I have a Trane Heat Pump that was installed 09/1986. I have never had any repairs done to this unit. I know that I am bound to be on "borrowed time" so I decided to check out prices and reviews on heat pumps. My first choice will be another Trane if I can afford it. I was surprised to see a bad review on this website. Now I am worried about buying a Trane. If you have had good luck or bad luck with a Trane, please e-mail me and let me know. Diane@HouseboatsPlus.com thanks

<< Previous192021222324252627282930Next >>