Consumer Reviews of Trane heat pumps

Read more about Trane heat pumps

<< Previous1920212223242526272829Next >>

Date created: 2008-12-27 Name: S.
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"LIKE A BAD NIGHTMARE ....."
I recently purchased a brand new Trane 3.5 ton 13 seer heat pump after my 17 yr old 3.5 ton Goodman bit the dust. My Goodman lasted the entire time without a single service call or issue!! The Trane has been a nightmare.... Within 3 months I have had the circuit board blow out and Freon leaks. Last night, it got down into the 30's here in Phoenix and my system ran and would not get up over 66 degrees. I am being told that this is "normal" and that all units cannot raise the temperature more than 30 degrees variant between the outdoor temps and the temp the unit is set inside. So, I asked the serviceman, "what if you were elderly, and you have a brand new Trane unit, and it is 30 degrees outside, does that mean that your home will not get warmer than 60 degrees? And the answer was yes, that it will not get warmer! I have never heard of such a thing... basically, I am stuck with this "new" unit, that just runs and runs, yet my other "older" unit never had this problem, nor do any of my neighbors, family members or friends. I suspect too that I will continue to have problems then when the summer hits and temps rise to 115f -- under this theory, I can only expect my home to cool down to a max of 86 degrees. I will never get a Trane system again ... piece of junk and this is probably only the beginning of my problems with this system. Also this system has the Dirty socks syndrome" -- which I never had with my other system. Of course, Trane is telling me that it is the indoor quality of my air and not their system although this problem is well documented with Trane - problem with the heating coils and most folks who have this problem, have had them replaced.

Date created: 2008-12-21 Name: t taylor

"Running of unit"
My new heat pump doesn't shut off very often when it gets down to 35 degrees.

Date created: 2008-12-05 Name: K Obre
Location: Gilbert, AZ

"21 yrs of great service"
I bought this house new in 1987, had a Trane heat pump 3.5 ton on the house. Had the four way valve go bad the first year, changed out for free. Comp just went out on the unit so I am looking for another ac. Looks like a Trane is coming my way again.

Date created: 2008-11-27 Name: E. J. Smith
Location: Louisville, Ga

"Home owner"
I installed a new Trane high efficiency heat pump system with "clean effects" air cleaner in 4/07. There was a recall on the air cleaner soon after installation. In the winter of 2007 I noted a bad smell when unit was on heat and in the defrost cycle. Trane had the dealer spray some chemical on the evap coil, but I continue to have the bad smell. Trane must not have cleaned the coil properly during the manufacturing process and the smell is a result of that failure.

Date created: 2008-11-25 Name: C. Shipley
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

"TRANE UNSTOPPABLE!"
Had a Trane heat pump and electric furnace put in when we bought this place 32 years ago. Never had a lick of trouble out of the thing. Had it checked every other year or so and a couple things that were so minor I can't even remember what they were. Had it replaced with a Trane xl16 and air handler when the old coil started leaking. Why wouldn't I after a record like that! Dealer here in Cincinnati was very thorough - did a heat loss/gain equation and all that. Was here for almost 2 hours just taking measurements. My utilities are down by over 30%! You other folks who had problems, maybe you should've researched the installer better! Trane's equipment is bullet proof! Not cheap, but nothing good ever is.

Date created: 2008-11-20 Name: Ray Stafford
Location: Morehead, KY

"Ray Stafford Morehead ky"
I have reviewed the ratings and what I seem to find is that it's not the quality of the product but rather the quality of the installation.

Date created: 2008-10-31 Name: D Kent
Location: Elizabethtown, KY

"D Kent"
I have a Trane Heat Pump that was installed 09/1986. I have never had any repairs done to this unit. I know that I am bound to be on "borrowed time" so I decided to check out prices and reviews on heat pumps. My first choice will be another Trane if I can afford it. I was surprised to see a bad review on this website. Now I am worried about buying a Trane. If you have had good luck or bad luck with a Trane, please e-mail me and let me know. [email protected] thanks

Date created: 2008-10-20 Name: Bill B.
Location: Eugene, OR

"Trane Review"
My 2 ton Trane was installed by the builder of my home built in 8/2001. Replaced a blower 14 months later. Replaced a tvx value, whatever that is 11/05 $560. Replaced a compressor in 1/06 $978 with compressor covered by warranty. Repair cooling condenser etc. in 7/07 $850. Replace compressor again in 10/08 $1500 and they won't consider compressor under warranty. All this work was completed by the Trane dealer and neither the dealer or Trane has stood behind their work or product. So, it looks like I know at least five things that can stop a Trane. I would never recommend using a Trane heat pump or using Comfort Flow Heating to install and maintain it.

Date created: 2008-09-16 Name: Curtis Nickle

"None"
Unit turned on in 1991. Never turner off, and never serviced except for normal maintenance by myself, which is next to nothing. Not one problem.

Date created: 2008-09-09 Name: B. Donlan
Location: Ellicott City, MD

"Trane"
First Trane we owned lasted 17 years without any problems until the compressor went bad. A new Trane heat pump was installed and in 2 years the compressor went bad. The company that installed the unit wanted $1200 to replace it although the compressor was still under warranty. Now 2 years later that one is also kaput. The unit vibrates while running and when it shuts off it comes to a "screeching halt". We believe the design of the unit is bad. Anything that shakes and vibrates isn't going to last long. Trane should look into why their units are not lasting.

<< Previous1920212223242526272829Next >>