Consumer Reviews of Trane heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2017?

Read more about Trane heat pumps

<< Previous1718192021222324252627282930Next >>

Date created: 2009-05-08 Name: Jerry

"Trane heat pump"
I purchased an xl19 which my contractor told me was "the best unit in the industry". I wish I has shopped around! Not only has the thing had numerous problems with the unit - but I have failed to see the promise of "significantly reduced utility bills". Beware of the contractor who will only sell you Trane - I have learned that the factory pays them huge spiffs to do so!! Frustrated!!!

Date created: 2009-05-03 Name: Ian Stuart

"Not a very good product"
We bought an xl 1800 unit that was promised to be both efficient and durable. Hah! Every year we have another problem. Circuit boards and relays have failed repeatedly. The cooling suddenly started using only one of the compressors, and fifty percent more electricity last year and this winter the auxiliary heating has been kicking in even when it is in the 50's outside. Heating bills this winter averaged $600 as a consequence, despite the use of a woodfired insert during the colder days. The pattern that I see in the comments on this site indicate that while Trane may have had a good product and dealers in the past they should be avoided now. a warning sign, that I wish that I had noticed, is that there is no way of contacting Trane with complaints.

Date created: 2009-04-24 Name: TRANE

"Trane review"
This is a very good product. I may need a new heatpump in the future and I wouldnt hesitate to purchase another Trane.I Would be extremely careful about who I purchased it from and who installed it because of reading the previous reviews.

Date created: 2009-04-03 Name: TRANE

"Trane Sucks"
We inherited this junk with the house purchase in 2006. It was installed in 2000. Motor went bad. After 4 visits by techs and $12-1,400 we still have no heat or air (8 days total)because of "cascading" issues. In their infinite wisdom the techs replaced half a bad motor which has now shorted 2 modules and a mother board. can't explain to me why the unit from day one kept freezing up and going to emergency heat on 70 degree days. Tech tells me well heat/air units normally go bad after 8 years. Really? How come my previous house had a unit from 1970 which we replaced with a more efficient generic brand in 2003 that worked fine as well? He just stuttered some....Will never own another trane product or deal with anyone who services them again. ever!

Date created: 2009-03-30 Name: TRANE

"Don't by TRANE"
I spent extra for a trane heat pump and I was extremly dissapointed. There is no way to contact trane if you have issues. The fact that my unit need to have work done shortly after it was installed and the labor was not covered and trane could not be contacted just so I could ask them to cover the labor really annoyed me. Anyway most other systems cost less and considering the way trane backs up there systems I would save the money and buy someone elses. They can use this if they want "this trane you can stop".

Date created: 2009-03-24 Name: TRANE

"A PIECE OF JUNK!"
We purchased this house in November of 2003. Have replaced the compressor twice on the heat pump; the coil once and finally ended up replacing the entire unit this week. The outside unit looked wonderful when purchased...too bad it was a piece of junk. All our rental houses now have Carrier; I rate the Carrier units over the Trane 1000%. I will never again own a Trane.

Date created: 2009-03-20 Name: TRANE

"Worthless Furnaces"
Two hvac units installed in new home. Home used about two months a year but units are on low settings. In January 2009 furnace motor went out, compressor went out - both had to be replaced.One month later the compressor replacement had to be replaced again. Poor quality. Neighbor with same units had problems also. Do not buy Trane or you will be stuck with horrendous repair bills.

Date created: 2009-03-19 Name: R. McBride
Location: Lexington, KY

"Trane Heat Pump problems"
Trane Heat Pump and air handler system installed when house was built in 2002. In February 2008 while we were out of town, the blower unit on the air handler went out. We had it replaced at a cost of $1200. Apparently, while the blower was out the heat pump continued to try to heat the house and created stress on the compressor. It began losing refrigerant. We had a leak repaired and new refrigerant added. Beginning in February 2009, we were getting very little heat from the system and it was running constantly. My electric bill nearly tripled. Yesterday, when I turned on the air conditioning, we got no cool air. We called repair and they tell us that because the system has been running constantly and had again been running without refrigerant, the compressor has been stressed beyond repair. In order to get a high efficiency heat pump, we will have to replace both the heat pump, heat exchanger and air handler. So much for nothing stopping a Trane!!!

Date created: 2009-03-17 Name: T Tsui
Location: Chandler, AZ

"I thought only I got a lemon"
I bought a Trane xl13 heat pump with a variable speed air handler back in 2001. I bought it because neighbor told me Trane is a good brand. I paid a premium price for the system thinking it would last at least 10+ years. Well, I was wrong. a couple of years ago the outdoor unit leaked out all the refrigerant on one day. The leak was caused by a hole formed on a copper tube that was caused by a prolong rubbing action with another copper tube. Last summer, the outdoor unit failed and it was caused by a clogged control valve issue. The serviceman replaced all the control valves. Just a month ago, it broke again. This time it is the compressor. Luckily I purchased an extended warranty, but I began to wonder if there will be more issues to come.

Date created: 2009-03-16 Name: P C
Location: New Haven, CT

"Yet another disappointing unit"
I just had a Trane XL16i heat pump installed with an xv80 gas furnace, and am already experiencing numerous problems with the unit. Three installer visits later and ... now that it is running it hardly produces any heat (even when its 50 degress out!) The blower runs at high speed and does nothing but create a very cold draft in the house. I'm going to tell the installers to remove the unit and never come back. I wish better fortune to those of you who test your luck with Trane, because I lost.

<< Previous1718192021222324252627282930Next >>