Consumer Reviews of Trane heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2017?

Read more about Trane heat pumps

<< Previous161718192021222324252627282930Next >>

Date created: 2009-06-06 Name: Sharon O.

"Trane Heat Pump"
We purchased our brand new Trane heat pump six years ago because we thought we were purchasing a top-of-the-line product. I would not qualify it that way today. It definitely helped our heating bill go down, but the problems we have had with it have been unbelievable for a new system. The first to go was the compressor. Major part! The cost was around $3500. The next problem was a valve. Well, that cost $1500. We purchased our unit for $6000. luckily, we purchased a 10-year parts and labor warranty or I would be livid right now. We have only 3 more years to go on the warranty and I hope that if anything major is going to break, it had better do it now. The company that installed our unit and services it said they will no longer be selling the Trane because of all the problems they are having with it too. For those who did not buy the warranty are pretty upset too. So if you are considering a Trane, please think twice before you do and research the products out there (and there are many who are good).

Date created: 2009-06-03 Name: Mr. PO'd

"Severely Ticked"
Had a $2500 off brand unit for 12 years. Finally started to nickel and dime me every year, so I bought a top of the line $9,000 Trane (variable speed, dual compressor). Now, just under 2 years later, I had to have the motor, circuit board, and motor module replaced. My $2500 unit cost me about $4000 (including purchase and installation) over a 12 year period. At this rate, my $9000 Trane will cost me about $30,000 in 10. Contacting Trane about this issue has been in vain. One more incident and it gets replaced.

Date created: 2009-06-03 Name: R. Koebbe

"Very pleased with Trane"
My Trane 3.5 heat pump furnace unit has run flawlessly for 15 years. Not one service call for problems. I had it cleaned about three times. I am planning to replace it for the tax credit.and naturally favor Trane but am concerned about all the negative feedback.

Date created: 2009-06-02 Name: Mark Salzer

"Trane xl13i heat pump quality issues"
My xl13i heat pump is dead w/compressor failure as well as fan motor, r410a is burnt red, indicative of overheated motor windings. Unit is 6 years old and has been troublesome from day one. a small leak in the indoor coil resulted in frequent charging of the system ($), so the coil was replaced when the unit was 4 years old. The higher system pressure required when using the r410 refrigerant puts lots of stress on the plumbing and compressor, so I'm not too surprised that these systems have problems. What I'm looking for is a heat pump that is engineered for the higher pressure and compressor stress. Trane must be taking a bath financially with all the warranty costs.

Date created: 2009-06-01 Name: Anna kleinschmidt

"You can stop a trane!"
I bought this unit 4 years ago so the house would be cool. I was ripped off $10000 and you would think when I wanted to cool the house it would but every year since I bought it I have had to call them out, and every year I have to wait up to a week to get it fixed because apparently all of there products are crap! I also wanted 2 units one for the upstairs and one for the down stairs and they assured me that this pump will work and make both floors comfortable. well in the slight chance that the downsatirs does work the upstairs is unberable so I have to use window units for up there! Run dont walk away from trane!

Date created: 2009-05-29 Name: D. Martin

"TRANE 2.5 Ton HEAT JUNK"
Have only owned for 11 months, Great unit if you live in a climate of 80 degrees. Right now it is 87 degrees outside, and I have a $20 Wally- World fan blowing on me to keep from sweating! By the way, factory rep. was here two (2) days ago, and assured me that problem was corrected! Ha! Ha!

Date created: 2009-05-26 Name: SW Thrasher

"Trane Heat Exchanger coil problems"
I have two rental duplexes with a total of four Trane heat pumps, installed in 1999. The heat exchanger coils developed slow coolant leaks in their third year of service. There was no remaining warranty coverage at that point. The installer & Trane told me I am "out of luck". My options are to re-charge the units twice a year, or to replace all of the units with newer ones. I'm obviously not happy with Trane's quality and would never purchase their product again.

Date created: 2009-05-19 Name: Tim Mercier

"Refrigerant and Tubing Installation is Key"
I find that Trane equipment is very good, but the installation work, especially the refrigeration piping installation, tends to be poorly done. Unfortunately, r-410a refrigerant is much less forgiving than r-22 when it comes to line sizing, length of run, purging and brazing, evacuation and charging. Installation expertise required for r-410a systems is two or three levels higher that that for r-410a. R-410a systems operate at much higher pressures and leaks form easier, especially when the tubing and joints is not purged and brazed as it should be. r-410a refrigerant must be weighed in and must be gaged to charge precisely. If you are disappointed in your system performance, refrigeration charge and tubing issues are the most likely culprits.

Date created: 2009-05-14 Name: Ron

"Ron"
I have three Trane Units, and all three coils have failed within three years.

Date created: 2009-05-10 Name: Allen Soper

"Worst purchase of my life"
I have had problems with this unit since day 1. Replaced compressor twice. replaced coil once and it still doesn't work.

<< Previous161718192021222324252627282930Next >>