Consumer Reviews of TRANE heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about TRANE heat pumps

<< Previous161718192021222324252627282930Next >>

Date created: 2009-05-19 Name: Tim Mercier

"Refrigerant and Tubing Installation is Key"
I find that Trane equipment is very good, but the installation work, especially the refrigeration piping installation, tends to be poorly done. Unfortunately, r-410a refrigerant is much less forgiving than r-22 when it comes to line sizing, length of run, purging and brazing, evacuation and charging. Installation expertise required for r-410a systems is two or three levels higher that that for r-410a. R-410a systems operate at much higher pressures and leaks form easier, especially when the tubing and joints is not purged and brazed as it should be. r-410a refrigerant must be weighed in and must be gaged to charge precisely. If you are disappointed in your system performance, refrigeration charge and tubing issues are the most likely culprits.

Date created: 2009-05-14 Name: Ron

"Ron"
I have three Trane Units, and all three coils have failed within three years.

Date created: 2009-05-10 Name: Allen Soper

"Worst purchase of my life"
I have had problems with this unit since day 1. Replaced compressor twice. replaced coil once and it still doesn't work.

Date created: 2009-05-08 Name: Jerry

"Trane heat pump"
I purchased an xl19 which my contractor told me was "the best unit in the industry". I wish I has shopped around! Not only has the thing had numerous problems with the unit - but I have failed to see the promise of "significantly reduced utility bills". Beware of the contractor who will only sell you Trane - I have learned that the factory pays them huge spiffs to do so!! Frustrated!!!

Date created: 2009-05-03 Name: Ian Stuart

"Not a very good product"
We bought an xl 1800 unit that was promised to be both efficient and durable. Hah! Every year we have another problem. Circuit boards and relays have failed repeatedly. The cooling suddenly started using only one of the compressors, and fifty percent more electricity last year and this winter the auxiliary heating has been kicking in even when it is in the 50's outside. Heating bills this winter averaged $600 as a consequence, despite the use of a woodfired insert during the colder days. The pattern that I see in the comments on this site indicate that while Trane may have had a good product and dealers in the past they should be avoided now. a warning sign, that I wish that I had noticed, is that there is no way of contacting Trane with complaints.

Date created: 2009-04-24 Name: TRANE

"Trane review"
This is a very good product. I may need a new heatpump in the future and I wouldnt hesitate to purchase another Trane.I Would be extremely careful about who I purchased it from and who installed it because of reading the previous reviews.

Date created: 2009-04-03 Name: TRANE

"Trane Sucks"
We inherited this junk with the house purchase in 2006. It was installed in 2000. Motor went bad. After 4 visits by techs and $12-1,400 we still have no heat or air (8 days total)because of "cascading" issues. In their infinite wisdom the techs replaced half a bad motor which has now shorted 2 modules and a mother board. can't explain to me why the unit from day one kept freezing up and going to emergency heat on 70 degree days. Tech tells me well heat/air units normally go bad after 8 years. Really? How come my previous house had a unit from 1970 which we replaced with a more efficient generic brand in 2003 that worked fine as well? He just stuttered some....Will never own another trane product or deal with anyone who services them again. ever!

Date created: 2009-03-30 Name: TRANE

"Don't by TRANE"
I spent extra for a trane heat pump and I was extremly dissapointed. There is no way to contact trane if you have issues. The fact that my unit need to have work done shortly after it was installed and the labor was not covered and trane could not be contacted just so I could ask them to cover the labor really annoyed me. Anyway most other systems cost less and considering the way trane backs up there systems I would save the money and buy someone elses. They can use this if they want "this trane you can stop".

Date created: 2009-03-24 Name: TRANE

"A PIECE OF JUNK!"
We purchased this house in November of 2003. Have replaced the compressor twice on the heat pump; the coil once and finally ended up replacing the entire unit this week. The outside unit looked wonderful when purchased...too bad it was a piece of junk. All our rental houses now have Carrier; I rate the Carrier units over the Trane 1000%. I will never again own a Trane.

Date created: 2009-03-20 Name: TRANE

"Worthless Furnaces"
Two hvac units installed in new home. Home used about two months a year but units are on low settings. In January 2009 furnace motor went out, compressor went out - both had to be replaced.One month later the compressor replacement had to be replaced again. Poor quality. Neighbor with same units had problems also. Do not buy Trane or you will be stuck with horrendous repair bills.

<< Previous161718192021222324252627282930Next >>