Consumer Reviews of Trane heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2017?

Read more about Trane heat pumps

<< Previous15161718192021222324252627282930Next >>

Date created: 2009-07-11 Name: Eddie Brown

"Get a Trane then you better buy a Lawyer"
I have a new Trane, less than 3 years old and just got a bill for $800 for a freon leak that had to be fixed. The line set is not covered under warranty and it is only charged annually. We are going to talk with an advisor before we pay the bill. Our Trane dealer has been out 4 times since the new unit was installed and 3 of those times he said that it just needed some freon. The last time he found the leak and "fixed it". Now I have to pay over $800 to Scott's Heating and Cooling in Greenwood, SC. I have contacted Trane but they don't seem to care since it is not the "unit". My advice is to buy a lawyer if you plan on a Trane unit.

Date created: 2009-07-11 Name: KK

"Worst equipment out there"
Tranes are the worst heat pumps out there. Mine is only five years old. It has leaked twice gone through two compressors. As I speak the unit has died and needs to be replaced. Do not buy a trane if you to keep wasting your money away.

Date created: 2009-07-09 Name: P. Blowers

"Beware of Trane"
We had a house built and put a Trane heat pump in 5 years ago, we have a had routine maintenance done every year. In January 2009 the fan went out and luckily it was still under warranty. May 2009 the compressor went out and the warranty was up in March 2009 an extended warranty was never offered and now they are saying that they are not willing to stand by their product. We will never buy another Trane anything. We will go back to Lennox products.

Date created: 2009-07-09 Name: M. Fragnito

"Trane XL13i nothing but problems"
Purchased 6 yrs ago, and has been nothing but problems since. Just recently, two pipes rubbing together, copper and aluminum, causing refrigerant to leak. This is a known issue given others have reported same problem. Also, had compressor changed, and they had to replace the complete unit. Cannot recommend Trane as a reliable product, do your homework and look at carrier and others.

Date created: 2009-07-03 Name: Steve

"Don't Buy a Trane!"
Purchased a new home with a new Trane unit (installed by Del-Air) and 4 years later the compressor failed ($750). A year and a half later had to have technician out for Freon recharge ($210). One month later coil had a leak and needed to be replaced ($750). Neither Del-Air nor Trane offered to stand behind this product. Do not buy a Trane or let Del-Air install your unit unless you don't mind paying for their mistakes.

Date created: 2009-06-22 Name: G. LeMmon

"Mad contractor"
As a contractor I despise Trane water source heat pumps always breaking down and I have to applogize to my customers. Don't buy Trane. It's hard to stop a Trane, that is unless you turn it on!

Date created: 2009-06-21 Name: Florida Mom

"90 degrees in my toddler's room"
We bought 2 Trane units for our two story house in 2005. Starting in 2007 each ac coil has had to be replaced once a year. Tonight both are acting up again (oh! It's been a year!!!) and my poor toddler's room was 90 degrees at bedtime! Thank goodness for ceiling fans and the fact that the house cools down after sunset. The main problem with each coil is that they all develop pinhole leaks and then the freon leaks out and we end up having them replaced... sometimes I question if we are doing something wrong (we tried to help by having our windows tinted) but after reading about everyone's similar problems, I know it is not us...

Date created: 2009-06-19 Name: steve kent

"Unhappy customer"
New heat pump installed in 2005 during house addition / remodel. local dealer installed. it has failed twice in 4 years due to leaks. each time I had to pay the same dealer $500 to repair the leak and replace the freon. they said contact trane for warranty. trane website sucks. try to contact them is useless. email screen has bugs and errors and forces you to reset and rekey all info multiple times.

Date created: 2009-06-16 Name: Shirley Goodwin

"Not Happy"
Coil went out on our unit in the house. Repair man said they did not carry this coil anymore and it would be 3000.00 to have one made for this unit or we could just replace it for about the same amount of money. I can't believe that a unit only 8 yrs old the company would not have parts. We bought the Trane thinking we were buying the best. Boy we were wrong. Never will buy another and will also tell other home owners to stay away from them

Date created: 2009-06-15 Name: B. MacWilliams

"Good Heat pump"
Well, I got bad news today, my heatpump needs replaced. I've had a 2.5ton Trane heatpump since 1989. I had one outside board replaced and and inside switch. Added some freon every two or three years but otherwise, I think it's been a very good unit. Now, I hear that Trane doesn't make a very good unit. Well, I was very happy with this one.

<< Previous15161718192021222324252627282930Next >>