Consumer Reviews of Trane heat pumps

Read more about Trane heat pumps

<< Previous14151617181920212223242526272829Next >>

Date created: 2009-07-13 Name: Duane Miles

"Pet owners beware do not buy a Trane"
We were upgrading the ac unit in our home to be more energy efficient. Talked to a Trane agent at Home depot. After several conversations with the agent, about the best systems for air quality in our home, and our concerns about any problem that might arise due to owning 4 pets (3 cats and a small Dog), we purchased a Trane heat pump for $8,000.00. 6 month later it stopped working, no problem I thought it is under warranties parts and labor for 5 years, boy was I wrong! Made a call to Trane Certified service technician Turn’s out the coil had a leak and it t was going to cost me $2496.00 to replace it. Why you ask? There was animal hair on the coil and since I did not open the unit and clean the coil each month, it was lack of maintenance on my part. I received no maintenance instructions other then change the filter each month, which I do already. After several emails to their customer service department (big joke no “phone number” to contact anyone) I was given a number to call, they were shocked that I would be charged for a leaky coil still under warranties and would check into it and call me back. I emailed pictures of the unit and the coil. After 2 weeks I called them back, and was told they were still working on my case and would call me later that week. A week later I called the again, I also called then the week after that and was directed to voice mail. The next day I received an email telling me. “I have been in and out and apologize for the delay but in our conversations. Our service rep, they have indicated that the extensive cat hair on the evaporative coil caused the overheating and increased pressure which led to the coil failure. Given their summary of the conditions contributing to the failure and absent a review to the contrary prior to the replacement of the coil, there is nothing that we can do. “ I sent another email to them asking what about a review and was told it needed to be done before I had the coil replaced. I have sent several emails since and requested that they be forwarded to the CEO of Trane but have had no response. So Pet Owners beware if you “it is hard to stop a Trane” unless you own a cat! I for will never buy, recommend, or shop where they sell Trane units now or anytime in the future.

Date created: 2009-07-11 Name: Joe Competition

"Joe Competition"
Only got pump installed a week ago...already my wife has divorced me, my kids hate me, and the coils have pin hole leaks and all the freon escaped, even tho it doesn't have freon as a refrigerant. I'm so mad, I feel like posting malicious reviews of Trane products--especially since I'm a contractor who installs a competitor's product! Doesn't that just smoke your tookies!

Date created: 2009-07-11 Name: Eddie Brown

"Get a Trane then you better buy a Lawyer"
I have a new Trane, less than 3 years old and just got a bill for $800 for freon leak that had to be fixed. The line set is not covered under warranty and it is only charged annually. We are going to talk with an advisor before we pay the bill. Our Trane dealer has been out 4 times since the new unit was installed and 3 of those times he said that it just needed some freon. The last time he found the leak and "fixed it". Now I have to pay over $800 to Scott's Heating and Cooling in Greenwood, sc. I have contacted Trane but they don't seem to care since it is not the "unit". My advice, is to buy a lawyer if you plan on a Trane unit.

Date created: 2009-07-11 Name: KK

"Worst equipment out there"
Tranes are the worst heat pumps out there. Mine is only five years old. It has leaked twice gone through two compressors. As I speak the unit has died and needs to be replaced. Do not buy a trane if you to keep wasting your money away.

Date created: 2009-07-09 Name: P. Blowers

"Beware of Trane"
We had a house built and put a Trane heat pump in 5 years ago, we have a had routine maintenance done every year. In January 2009 the fan went out and luckily it was still under warranty. May 2009 the compressor went out and the warranty was up in March 2009 an extended warranty was never offered and now they are saying that they are not willing to stand by their product. We will never buy another Trane anything. We will go back to Lennox products.

Date created: 2009-07-09 Name: M. Fragnito

"Trane XL13i nothing but problems"
Purchased 6 yrs ago, and has been nothing but problems since. Just recently, two pipes rubbing together, copper and aluminum, causing refrigerant to leak. This is a known issue given others have reported same problem. Also, had compressor changed, and they had to replace the complete unit. Cannot recommend Trane as a reliable product, do your homework and look at carrier and others.

Date created: 2009-07-03 Name: Steve

"Don't Buy a Trane!"
Purchased a new home with a new Trane unit (installed by Del-Air) and 4 years later the compressor failed ($750). A year and a half later had to have technician out for Freon recharge ($210). One month later coil had a leak and needed to be replaced ($750). Neither Del-Air nor Trane offered to stand behind this product. Do not buy a Trane or let Del-Air install your unit unless you don't mind paying for their mistakes.

Date created: 2009-06-22 Name: G. LeMmon

"Mad contractor"
As a contractor I despise Trane water source heat pumps always breaking down and I have to applogize to my customers. Don't buy Trane. It's hard to stop a Trane, that is unless you turn it on!

Date created: 2009-06-21 Name: Florida Mom

"90 degrees in my toddler's room"
We bought 2 Trane units for our two story house in 2005. Starting in 2007 each ac coil has had to be replaced once a year. Tonight both are acting up again (oh! It's been a year!!!) and my poor toddler's room was 90 degrees at bedtime! Thank goodness for ceiling fans and the fact that the house cools down after sunset. The main problem with each coil is that they all develop pinhole leaks and then the freon leaks out and we end up having them replaced... sometimes I question if we are doing something wrong (we tried to help by having our windows tinted) but after reading about everyone's similar problems, I know it is not us...

Date created: 2009-06-19 Name: steve kent

"Unhappy customer"
New heat pump installed in 2005 during house addition / remodel. local dealer installed. it has failed twice in 4 years due to leaks. each time I had to pay the same dealer $500 to repair the leak and replace the freon. they said contact trane for warranty. trane website sucks. try to contact them is useless. email screen has bugs and errors and forces you to reset and rekey all info multiple times.

<< Previous14151617181920212223242526272829Next >>