Consumer Reviews of Trane heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2017?

Read more about Trane heat pumps

<< Previous1415161718192021222324252627282930Next >>

Date created: 2009-08-27 Name: J. Fisher

"Unsatisfied 1st Time Buyer TRANE customer"
The XLi14 Trane system that was installed in April, 2006 has given nothing but problems ever since. First the a temperature control switch failed (under warrenty), then a diverier valve failed ($650.00), then the compressor fan failed ($350.00), and now the evaporator coil has a leak ($1200.00). I have spent over $2,000 in a five year period for a system which cost only $5700 to install. Seriously considering ripping the thing out and putting in another brand system that is more reliable and cost efficient.

Date created: 2009-08-20 Name: Robert D.

"RESEARCH YOUR DEALER FIRST!"
I had an XL19i installed May of 08. I had 5 other bids including 2 other trane dealers. I made the decision to go with the Trane Comfort Specialist from recommendation off the Trane website. They were the only ones to do a heat load and determined that my existing Carrier was oversized and that the ductwork installed was not size per cfm requirements of the oversized Carrier let alone the smaller properly sized trane. This dealer was 5,000 more than the second highest estimate but was the only one to do a heat load, inspect the ductwork and guarantee not only their craftsmanship for a Lifetime but they gave me a 10 year parts and Labor warranty STANDARD...They were also the only ones to give me references.. Not one or two but 20 pages of satisfied customers with phone #'S.... My house now is the most comfortable house I have ever been in and my heating bills have dropped 50%!!!!! My advice to you all is to research your dealer first. Like Steve from Advantage Heating From Selah wa told me, you can purchase the best equipment available but if it is not installed properly it is worthless... Also, look at the other manufacturers on this site and they all have the same amount of bad ratings. Read the reviews and it becomes clear that 90% of the complaints are because of poor decision of choosing a dealer no matter what brand.

Date created: 2009-08-13 Name: Anita Campbell

"Anita"
Our $4500 unit started having problems with bad evaporator coils right after the first year. Both coils ended up being replaced a couple of times. Of course, none of the labor costs were not covered. After 2 years, Trane decided to give us a new unit. The installation cost was over $1600. After 10 months, the coil is leaking again!!! Now, after checking with the Trane sales person, they are finally telling us that it's the sulfur in our water that is causing the coils to corrode and they will make us a new coil that is coated with a substance that will make it last longer. Another $1000 for installation. My question is: why didn't they diagnose the problem when we started having the problem so we could have taken care of it without spending so much money on labor costs? This sulphur information was not included in their literature, nor was the installer aware of it. However, when he called the Trane salesman in Tulsa, he immediately knew what the problem was. We are fuming!!!!

Date created: 2009-08-11 Name: J. Brown

"Heat pump A/C Package Unit"
Heat Pump/ a/c Unit is a 16 year old Trane 4 Ton Package Unit. Replaced the compressor 5 years ago. That was the only problem I have had yet, Unit still running today. Usually People will only post opinions if they are mad and have bad experiences Think about how many satisfied people that are out there happy to own a Trane. If you want to know the truth ask your neighbor or someone who owns one. No I do not work for Trane I am a Very Satisfied and nice and cool homeowner.

Date created: 2009-08-11 Name: Jim Donnelly

"Jim Donnelly"
Bought the Trane unit for " the long haul". Every 1.5 years, there was some problem (usually the variable speed fan/ or module for same). Costly repairs. Warranty not worth anything.

Date created: 2009-08-11 Name: S Schesloc

"Trane Ground Based heat pumps"
I had 12 Ground Based heat pumps installed in 2003 . In 2006 and 2007 all 12 heat pumps failed and were replaced at a cost of over $100,000. This year 8 of these units failed and need repair. Trane has insisted that these units on all three occasions are not covered by the extended warranty I have with them.If you are considering Heat Pumps stay away from Trane. They do not stand by their product. If you know of a good Warranty litigation attorney send him my way.

Date created: 2009-07-30 Name: J.George

"XB12 03/2003"
Was working fine up until 4 days ago now compressor shot house was built in late 2002 not sure there is any warranty on unit.

Date created: 2009-07-27 Name: fatboy

"Trane"
You can buy the best heat pump but if not installed right it will not run right and fail premature So make sure the company has a good reputation I install Trane units and they are my pick

Date created: 2009-07-23 Name: Gary Pritchard
Location: Georgia

"Trane is unreliable"
Purchased an XL13i system in 2003. The first two years it ran great, no problems, then the expansion valve had to be replaced under warranty. Two months ago, outside unit would not go into cooling mode. Had it checked every six months, so they checked it out and told me the printed circuit board was bad. Told me it was not under warranty and it would be $410 for part. Since my wages have been cut, I said no way and have opened up the windows all summer long here in Georgia. Do not know what I am going to do this winter. I called a Trane distribution center in Atlanta, Ga and they said it was $290 for same part. I emailed Trane and of course no reply. This will be my first and last Trane. When you assemble items with low quality parts, then you produce junk and low customer ratings.

Date created: 2009-07-13 Name: Duane Miles

"Pet owners beware do not buy a Trane"
We were upgrading the ac unit in our home to be more energy efficient. Talked to a Trane agent at Home depot. After several conversations with the agent, about the best systems for air quality in our home, and our concerns about any problem that might arise due to owning 4 pets (3 cats and a small Dog), we purchased a Trane heat pump for $8,000.00. 6 month later it stopped working, no problem I thought it is under warranties parts and labor for 5 years, boy was I wrong! Made a call to Trane Certified service technician Turn’s out the coil had a leak and it t was going to cost me $2496.00 to replace it. Why you ask? There was animal hair on the coil and since I did not open the unit and clean the coil each month, it was lack of maintenance on my part. I received no maintenance instructions other then change the filter each month, which I do already. After several emails to their customer service department (big joke no “phone number” to contact anyone) I was given a number to call, they were shocked that I would be charged for a leaky coil still under warranties and would check into it and call me back. I emailed pictures of the unit and the coil. After 2 weeks I called them back, and was told they were still working on my case and would call me later that week. A week later I called the again, I also called then the week after that and was directed to voice mail. The next day I received an email telling me. “I have been in and out and apologize for the delay but in our conversations. Our service rep, they have indicated that the extensive cat hair on the evaporative coil caused the overheating and increased pressure which led to the coil failure. Given their summary of the conditions contributing to the failure and absent a review to the contrary prior to the replacement of the coil, there is nothing that we can do. “ I sent another email to them asking what about a review and was told it needed to be done before I had the coil replaced. I have sent several emails since and requested that they be forwarded to the CEO of Trane but have had no response. So Pet Owners beware if you “it is hard to stop a Trane” unless you own a cat! I for will never buy, recommend, or shop where they sell Trane units now or anytime in the future.

<< Previous1415161718192021222324252627282930Next >>