Consumer Reviews of Trane heat pumps

Read more about Trane heat pumps

<< Previous131415161718192021222324252627282930Next >>

Date created: 2009-10-07 Name: R Davis

"Bob"
3 year old 16xi with zonal system and clean effects air filter($22,000). Salesman told us this was the "state of the art" in comfort and efficency. Our heating bills have tripled from our last house that had a $5000 rheem system. We have had the installers techs out 10 times in the last 3 years. They have replaced the computer board, the main compressor twice and the clean effects air filter once. Our heating bills are still outragous. We have just open a case with the washington state attorney generals office.

Date created: 2009-09-30 Name: Mike Tedeschi

"High Failure Rate"
I thought I had a bad unit, but after seeing these negative revirews - wow. What junk. Compressor went after 6 years. Replacement went after 2. 8 years and $4,000 worth of repairs.

Date created: 2009-09-11 Name: Beverly
Location: Tampa, FL

"Quality...20 years old, working good."
My trane is 20 years old and is working great, and I live in Tampa, fl, so it takes a beating...I Am going to replace both units this year only because of the sier rating (I would like to have a 16 sier rating), and the $1500 tax deduction that is being offered. I will probably sell my old unit because it is still in great working shape. By the way, I am guilty of not having it serviced every year like I should, but it still works.

Date created: 2009-09-10 Name: John

"Trane Heat Pum"
I have two trane heat pumps, 2 ton unit and a 1.5 ton unit, for 23 years and still going only problem have had is the 2 ton had to replace a switch in it after 18 years cost me $70 bucks than had a blown fuse on electrical supply bad,

Date created: 2009-09-04 Name: F. Bechtel

"Poor Reliability"
Installed 3 ton Trane twx036c100a2 heat pump in 1997 with variable speed air handler. First problem was variable speed air handler. Printed circuit card in ge motor end bell failed. Came back from a trip in late winter and house was cold. Next problem was contactor in compressor unit. Present problem is a failed compressor. Very expensive to replace. Am now in decision process of how to proceed. I will be reluctant to go with Trane a second time. Once a mistake, twice a fool.

Date created: 2009-08-27 Name: J. Fisher

"Unsatisfied 1st Time Buyer TRANE customer"
The XLi14 Trane system that was installed in April, 2006 has given nothing but problems ever since. First the a temperature control switch failed (under warrenty), then a diverier valve failed ($650.00), then the compressor fan failed ($350.00), and now the evaporator coil has a leak ($1200.00). I have spent over $2,000 in a five year period for a system which cost only $5700 to install. Seriously considering ripping the thing out and putting in another brand system that is more reliable and cost efficient.

Date created: 2009-08-20 Name: Robert D.

"RESEARCH YOUR DEALER FIRST!"
I had an XL19i installed May of 08. I had 5 other bids including 2 other trane dealers. I made the decision to go with the Trane Comfort Specialist from recommendation off the Trane website. They were the only ones to do a heat load and determined that my existing Carrier was oversized and that the ductwork installed was not size per cfm requirements of the oversized Carrier let alone the smaller properly sized trane. This dealer was 5,000 more than the second highest estimate but was the only one to do a heat load, inspect the ductwork and guarantee not only their craftsmanship for a Lifetime but they gave me a 10 year parts and Labor warranty STANDARD...They were also the only ones to give me references.. Not one or two but 20 pages of satisfied customers with phone #'S.... My house now is the most comfortable house I have ever been in and my heating bills have dropped 50%!!!!! My advice to you all is to research your dealer first. Like Steve from Advantage Heating From Selah wa told me, you can purchase the best equipment available but if it is not installed properly it is worthless... Also, look at the other manufacturers on this site and they all have the same amount of bad ratings. Read the reviews and it becomes clear that 90% of the complaints are because of poor decision of choosing a dealer no matter what brand.

Date created: 2009-08-13 Name: Anita Campbell

"Anita"
Our $4500 unit started having problems with bad evaporator coils right after the first year. Both coils ended up being replaced a couple of times. Of course, none of the labor costs were not covered. After 2 years, Trane decided to give us a new unit. The installation cost was over $1600. After 10 months, the coil is leaking again!!! Now, after checking with the Trane sales person, they are finally telling us that it's the sulfur in our water that is causing the coils to corrode and they will make us a new coil that is coated with a substance that will make it last longer. Another $1000 for installation. My question is: why didn't they diagnose the problem when we started having the problem so we could have taken care of it without spending so much money on labor costs? This sulphur information was not included in their literature, nor was the installer aware of it. However, when he called the Trane salesman in Tulsa, he immediately knew what the problem was. We are fuming!!!!

Date created: 2009-08-11 Name: J. Brown

"Heat pump A/C Package Unit"
Heat Pump/ a/c Unit is a 16 year old Trane 4 Ton Package Unit. Replaced the compressor 5 years ago. That was the only problem I have had yet, Unit still running today. Usually People will only post opinions if they are mad and have bad experiences Think about how many satisfied people that are out there happy to own a Trane. If you want to know the truth ask your neighbor or someone who owns one. No I do not work for Trane I am a Very Satisfied and nice and cool homeowner.

Date created: 2009-08-11 Name: Jim Donnelly

"Jim Donnelly"
Bought the Trane unit for " the long haul". Every 1.5 years, there was some problem (usually the variable speed fan/ or module for same). Costly repairs. Warranty not worth anything.

<< Previous131415161718192021222324252627282930Next >>