Consumer Reviews of Trane heat pumps

Read more about Trane heat pumps

<< Previous12131415161718192021222324252627282930Next >>

Date created: 2009-12-14 Name: C. Byrd

"Bad Trane Units continued"
In my earlier post about the Trane units, I failed to mention one of the problems was with a relay board that our supplier asked around and no one had see the issue before. Our service technician (a Trane Supplier) didn't even replace our unit with another Trane because of all of the problems we had. He used another brand of unit. After we get through, we will have spent $1,700 on our system from August until December. This is with the unit being replaced under warranty.

Date created: 2009-12-14 Name: C. Byrd

"Bad Trane Units"
Trane is the most unreliable unit I have ever owned. We have had to replace defrost boards in our outside units twice. As I am writing this, we are having our downstairs air return replaced with another brand. We have had to add freon to the units as well. I purchased Trane units because I believed that they were going to be of great quality. They are far from that. The frustration I feel is that we had to spend vacation money to have the unit repaired in the summer and now we are spending Christmas money to pay for additional repairs. This is tough on a family that is supported by teachers.

Date created: 2009-12-11 Name: Ann

"Trane Platinum Duel Compressor Unit"
Owned this two months. Stated we would see a big difference in our heat bills. Bill went up $30 first month and it hasn't been cold yet and has doubled this month. We never had bills like this with our old Rheem unit even in the coldest months of winter. Spent $17,000 to replace and regret this now.

Date created: 2009-12-09 Name: M Rubin

"Admin. Coordinator"
Never had any repairs on the outside unit. Maintenance done every year with small repairs on the air handler. Installing a new unit in 2009. The air handler went out.

Date created: 2009-12-08 Name: Jerry

"Trane sucks"
Again, we've had trouble from day one. No response from Trane. We've spent $3000 on repairs after installation. We tell everyone we know that Trane sucks.

Date created: 2009-12-07 Name: A. Rowche

"Frustrated!"
We had a new Trane Heat Pump installed by our contractor. It was supposed to be a "state of the art". After 3 years, we had a faulty compressor. It's the dead of winter and we've already gone over a week and it's still not fixed ("part hasn't come in yet."). We have emergency heat but I'm afraid of what our bill will look like if we use it often. We have 2 babies in the house. This is very frustrating! We have a warranty on parts but not labor. The repairman estimates $56/hour for at least 4 hours of work. Argh! I see I am not the only one who is experiencing difficulties with this manufacturer! Maybe Trane should re-evaluate their products if they want to stay in business.

Date created: 2009-12-04 Name: Fred

"Old= good New=bad"
Old = good, New = bad. That is what I am mainly reading here on heat pumps whether they are made by Trane or anyone else. I am not an hvac tech, just a user with a rudimentary knowedge of home equipment/appliances. Whether the reliability is down to the crappy Chinese parts most equipment uses now (Btw the same thing is happening with refridgerators with Chinese made compressors and motherboards)or maybe the new enviro friendly regulations- different coolents etc. There is a smaller Trane unit installed on my condo, it has been serviced for routine stuff maybe 4 times in 20 years, other than that totally trouble free. Runs noisy sometimes and could be more efficent though- but hey it works!

Date created: 2009-11-16 Name: T. Ford

"T Ford"
3 Ton xr12 Trane. This unit is a lemon and has not proved to be efficient for us. 6 months; A sensor went out that caused the system to take longer to get to the new adaptive thermostat setting. We did not realize until mid winter that the system was switching to strip heat. Three weeks later problem was repaired. 12 months; Easy start component went out causing lights to dim and blink when the compressor tried to kick on. Strip heat was again utilized until problem was repaired. 18 months; Compressor is out. Strip heat is being utilized until repairs can be made. It took two weeks for compressor to come in. The compressor is in but the repair has not fit into schedule with no concrete date in site. We have experienced 2-3 times heating costs for half of the life of the unit.

Date created: 2009-11-14 Name: T.M. Nile

"Pleased with Trane"
Purchased a Trane xl1400 split system heat pump in Oct. 1996. Serviced 2x a year, condenser removed and cleaned once in 13 years. Parts replaced in 13 years: Compressor start capacitor, compressor contactor. Last week we learned the condenser had a refrigerant leak. We were quoted $1900 to replace it. Figuring it might be good money after bad, we opted to replace the system w/ an XL15i. Read the remarks of the HVAC contractor regarding system problems following installation. I have to agree. The contractor we chose for the XL 1400 and the XL15i operates a separate installation division; it's all they do. And I have to say they do their job well, which is why I did not hesitate to buy from them again.

Date created: 2009-10-28 Name: Beverly

"Trane X1000 10 seer"
We had trouble from day 1. This heat pump had to be repaired once every year. We are finally going to replace it. Trane has an awful warranty on parts and we had not warranty on labor. Never again will I buy a Trane!!!

<< Previous12131415161718192021222324252627282930Next >>