Consumer Reviews of Trane heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2017?

Read more about Trane heat pumps

<< Previous12131415161718192021222324252627282930Next >>

Date created: 2009-12-18 Name: C Rogers

"REPLY TO DEX's REVIEW ON 10-19-09"
I'm not sure why Dex thinks a Trane Comfort Specialist is so special. I found out that any dealer who pays the associated fees can be one and use the Comfort Specialist logo. Big fat deal for me, the consumer. My XLi unit's top & sheet metal is faded so bad the unit looks twice as old as it is. On top of that, my compressor went out and my TXV inside the house went out. Trane has a huge problem with these TXVs and will help out if you complain loud enough. I was told that I should have purchased the extended warranty. My Comfort Specialist was not very helpful through my ordeal and has since started selling another brand of equipment. I thought I was buying the best but now I can see that buying a Trane is all about the advertising they do and quality control is secondary.

Date created: 2009-12-16 Name: David Brimer

"My Trane Heat Pump Has Been A lemon Ever Since We Have Had It It"
Motors burning up, squirrel cages coming all to pieces. We have already replaced 2-motors and 2 squirrel cages and we cannot hardly stay in the house at nights and early mornings when the temperature drops into 30% for the stinking odor when the heat pump is running. You cannot get your breath in the house. I have coped and most of the time I have to sleep in our motor home. It's a crying shame we have a 2-year old heating unit that's been nothing but trouble since we have had it. We are afraid to leave the house for something will tear up and set the house on-fire. We already have had 3-trained Trane dealers in our area to come and try and fix it but no one can fix it. I am getting so fed up with Trane heat pumps, I would not recommend a Trane to anybody. We want someone to contact us and tell us what Trane is going to do about this matter or tell me how to get in touch with the main one that makes Trane so I can talk to him personally. We have a 4-ton 13-seer package unit, installed 1/3/07.

Date created: 2009-12-14 Name: C. Byrd

"Bad Trane Units continued"
In my earlier post about the Trane units, I failed to mention one of the problems was with a relay board that our supplier asked around and no one had see the issue before. Our service technician (a Trane Supplier) didn't even replace our unit with another Trane because of all of the problems we had. He used another brand of unit. After we get through, we will have spent $1,700 on our system from August until December. This is with the unit being replaced under warranty.

Date created: 2009-12-14 Name: C. Byrd

"Bad Trane Units"
Trane is the most unreliable unit I have ever owned. We have had to replace defrost boards in our outside units twice. As I am writing this, we are having our downstairs air return replaced with another brand. We have had to add freon to the units as well. I purchased Trane units because I believed that they were going to be of great quality. They are far from that. The frustration I feel is that we had to spend vacation money to have the unit repaired in the summer and now we are spending Christmas money to pay for additional repairs. This is tough on a family that is supported by teachers.

Date created: 2009-12-11 Name: Ann

"Trane Platinum Duel Compressor Unit"
Owned this two months. Stated we would see a big difference in our heat bills. Bill went up $30 first month and it hasn't been cold yet and has doubled this month. We never had bills like this with our old Rheem unit even in the coldest months of winter. Spent $17,000 to replace and regret this now.

Date created: 2009-12-09 Name: M Rubin

"Admin. Coordinator"
Never had any repairs on the outside unit. Maintenance done every year with small repairs on the air handler. Installing a new unit in 2009. The air handler went out.

Date created: 2009-12-08 Name: Jerry

"Trane sucks"
Again, we've had trouble from day one. No response from Trane. We've spent $3000 on repairs after installation. We tell everyone we know that Trane sucks.

Date created: 2009-12-07 Name: A. Rowche

"Frustrated!"
We had a new Trane Heat Pump installed by our contractor. It was supposed to be a "state of the art". After 3 years, we had a faulty compressor. It's the dead of winter and we've already gone over a week and it's still not fixed ("part hasn't come in yet."). We have emergency heat but I'm afraid of what our bill will look like if we use it often. We have 2 babies in the house. This is very frustrating! We have a warranty on parts but not labor. The repairman estimates $56/hour for at least 4 hours of work. Argh! I see I am not the only one who is experiencing difficulties with this manufacturer! Maybe Trane should re-evaluate their products if they want to stay in business.

Date created: 2009-12-04 Name: Fred

"Old= good New=bad"
Old = good, New = bad. That is what I am mainly reading here on heat pumps whether they are made by Trane or anyone else. I am not an hvac tech, just a user with a rudimentary knowedge of home equipment/appliances. Whether the reliability is down to the crappy Chinese parts most equipment uses now (Btw the same thing is happening with refridgerators with Chinese made compressors and motherboards)or maybe the new enviro friendly regulations- different coolents etc. There is a smaller Trane unit installed on my condo, it has been serviced for routine stuff maybe 4 times in 20 years, other than that totally trouble free. Runs noisy sometimes and could be more efficent though- but hey it works!

Date created: 2009-11-16 Name: T. Ford

"T Ford"
3 Ton xr12 Trane. This unit is a lemon and has not proved to be efficient for us. 6 months; A sensor went out that caused the system to take longer to get to the new adaptive thermostat setting. We did not realize until mid winter that the system was switching to strip heat. Three weeks later problem was repaired. 12 months; Easy start component went out causing lights to dim and blink when the compressor tried to kick on. Strip heat was again utilized until problem was repaired. 18 months; Compressor is out. Strip heat is being utilized until repairs can be made. It took two weeks for compressor to come in. The compressor is in but the repair has not fit into schedule with no concrete date in site. We have experienced 2-3 times heating costs for half of the life of the unit.

<< Previous12131415161718192021222324252627282930Next >>