Consumer Reviews of Trane heat pumps

Read more about Trane heat pumps

<< Previous1112131415161718192021222324252627282930Next >>

Date created: 2010-01-13 Name: Andy
Location: Tampa, FL

"XR14 1.5 ton, Works so far"
This is the smaller unit on a 3000 sq. ft. home. The cooling is good, really like the variable speed air handler for keeping humidity down, big concern in Tampa, Fl. The condenser is very quiet and seems to be of high quality. Now for the heating; not so good, in fact if it gets below 50 degrees outside, heating is all but gone. Have to use heat strips. Luckily that's not a big deal here, but compared to other heat pumps I've had, this one is really weak. Had an Amana that heated like an oil furnace even below 30 degrees. Time will tell if this Trane ends up being as much trouble as others have had.

Date created: 2010-01-07 Name: Patrick Gilliam

"Dont get trane"
Me and my wife built a house back in 2006. We bought 2 Trane heat pumps for our 4200 sq ft house. In 2007, during the summertime, we had to put our AC units on 67 just to keep it cool. Both of our units were running all day long. Me and my wife got our power bill and it was $500 dollars. Me and wife switched heat pumps in 2008. We went with American Standard and know we can set our AC units at 75 in the summer. Please don't get Trane. It's not worth it.

Date created: 2009-12-26 Name: N. Kry

"Trane Heat Pump Not Worth It"
Since day one, repairs have been required. I have found it very hard to get any results from Trane itself. It is disheartening to learn that our unit needs repairs both in the winter and summer. During winter, it wants to give air conditioning. In the summer, it wants to just shut down. Fortunately, I bought the extended warranty for parts and labor but my electric bills are astronomical considering the need to use emergency heat. Wish I would have known this site before purchasing it. I will replace it when the warranty expires and will never buy a Trane product again. As for having it installed by a certified dealer, I did but that didn't help either.

Date created: 2009-12-24 Name: BW

"Trane has been good to me so far."
My Trane packaged unit heat pump has only had one service call the last 8 years and that was for a defective thermostat that went out the first month. This unit replaced a Tempstar that developed a bad leak right after the warranty expired which burned out the compressor. My next unit will probably be a Trane, but I hope to get a few more years out of this old unit first.

Date created: 2009-12-18 Name: C Rogers

"REPLY TO DEX's REVIEW ON 10-19-09"
I'm not sure why Dex thinks a Trane Comfort Specialist is so special. I found out that any dealer who pays the associated fees can be one and use the Comfort Specialist logo. Big fat deal for me, the consumer. My XLi unit's top & sheet metal is faded so bad the unit looks twice as old as it is. On top of that, my compressor went out and my TXV inside the house went out. Trane has a huge problem with these TXVs and will help out if you complain loud enough. I was told that I should have purchased the extended warranty. My Comfort Specialist was not very helpful through my ordeal and has since started selling another brand of equipment. I thought I was buying the best but now I can see that buying a Trane is all about the advertising they do and quality control is secondary.

Date created: 2009-12-16 Name: David Brimer

"My Trane Heat Pump Has Been A lemon Ever Since We Have Had It It"
Motors burning up, squirrel cages coming all to pieces. We have already replaced 2-motors and 2 squirrel cages and we cannot hardly stay in the house at nights and early mornings when the temperature drops into 30% for the stinking odor when the heat pump is running. You cannot get your breath in the house. I have coped and most of the time I have to sleep in our motor home. It's a crying shame we have a 2-year old heating unit that's been nothing but trouble since we have had it. We are afraid to leave the house for something will tear up and set the house on-fire. We already have had 3-trained Trane dealers in our area to come and try and fix it but no one can fix it. I am getting so fed up with Trane heat pumps, I would not recommend a Trane to anybody. We want someone to contact us and tell us what Trane is going to do about this matter or tell me how to get in touch with the main one that makes Trane so I can talk to him personally. We have a 4-ton 13-seer package unit, installed 1/3/07.

Date created: 2009-12-14 Name: C. Byrd

"Bad Trane Units continued"
In my earlier post about the Trane units, I failed to mention one of the problems was with a relay board that our supplier asked around and no one had see the issue before. Our service technician (a Trane Supplier) didn't even replace our unit with another Trane because of all of the problems we had. He used another brand of unit. After we get through, we will have spent $1,700 on our system from August until December. This is with the unit being replaced under warranty.

Date created: 2009-12-14 Name: C. Byrd

"Bad Trane Units"
Trane is the most unreliable unit I have ever owned. We have had to replace defrost boards in our outside units twice. As I am writing this, we are having our downstairs air return replaced with another brand. We have had to add freon to the units as well. I purchased Trane units because I believed that they were going to be of great quality. They are far from that. The frustration I feel is that we had to spend vacation money to have the unit repaired in the summer and now we are spending Christmas money to pay for additional repairs. This is tough on a family that is supported by teachers.

Date created: 2009-12-11 Name: Ann

"Trane Platinum Duel Compressor Unit"
Owned this two months. Stated we would see a big difference in our heat bills. Bill went up $30 first month and it hasn't been cold yet and has doubled this month. We never had bills like this with our old Rheem unit even in the coldest months of winter. Spent $17,000 to replace and regret this now.

Date created: 2009-12-09 Name: M Rubin

"Admin. Coordinator"
Never had any repairs on the outside unit. Maintenance done every year with small repairs on the air handler. Installing a new unit in 2009. The air handler went out.

<< Previous1112131415161718192021222324252627282930Next >>